redsoxfreak91
    redsoxfreak91's Avatar Become A Pro!

Huge play on Celtics series line versus Knicks

I have put up $10,000 on the Celtics +375 vs the Knicks. Amare is out still, and even though people rag on him and he is not the player he was, he still is a bench contributor. The Celtics are fully healthy, besides Rondo obviously, and their perimeter defense will prove problematic for the Knicks shooters. Pierce and Green will have a hard time guarding Anthony, but I am going to assume he has more bad shooting nights than good shooting nights. He may average 25/game in the series but as long as the Celtics can make him shot 30-35% then they can survive his large numbers. Offensively, KG, Pierce, and now Green are going to be hard for the Knicks to guard. Chandler down low will contain the Celtics from dominating the boards but he is not a threat on the offensive side. I am predicting a low scoring series and I am sold the Celtics will pull it off.

Please can I have opinions. And if you that ass that types, "Knicks will rape the Celtics! You're a penetrating idiot!" or give any whack response of the sorts, please do not comment on this thread.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14356

Why not. Good luck

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

I wish they had Rondo. It would be a great series. Rondo is a triple double machine in the playoffs.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

I definitely would play the Celtics over the Knicks at the current prices, now if $10,000 is a large wager for you (I'm guessing it is) then I'm not too sure this is a great spot for it but GL

I'd put the over/under of games Melo can win for the Knicks this series at 2, and unless they are firing on all cylinders, not sure they can win with Melo being kept in control.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

im a die hard knicks fan can the celtics win yes they can and that is a very good price going would i lay 10k on it probably not what i would do is lay 5k on them for the series and if they lose game 1 lay the other 5k on them at a better price

redsoxfreak91

This is a large investment for me, but I am very confident. My only other wager of this magnitude was when the Saints played the Colts. I loved the line that the Saints were receiving and I made a large bet on them to win.

Bostongambler

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    im a die hard knicks fan can the celtics win yes they can and that is a very good price going would i lay 10k on it probably not what i would do is lay 5k on them for the series and if they lose game 1 lay the other 5k on them at a better price
    Good idea.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

I would consider commenting but you already locked in the 10k?

redsoxfreak91

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Good idea.
    Except I like them in game one and if they won that game then odds would turn to their favor. A Celtic victory gives them home court advantage from that point on. It would be near even. Now what I should've done was put 5,000 on the series and 5,000 on game 1 for the celtics. That way if the celtics won, I would have won 15,000 plus my 5,000 so I could've put 10,000 more on the series and still have my original 10,000 in my pocket....o well too late now.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Celtics blow. Celtics will lose series and possibly be swept. How have the two squared off this year that makes you so confident in them winning.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

+375 is an awesome price. Is KG healthy?

StateChamp
    Dr Phil Nation
    StateChamp's Avatar Become A Pro!

nba has wanted the knicks to make a run for years, now with a couple calls here and there they can, and will. 4-2 knicks

city of 10,000,000 ppl stern wants a run from them and since he knows the max the celts can win this year would be one round they are all done, they wont get any calls

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15193

Bro just send me your money

redsoxfreak91

Kg hadn't played the last two games against the knicks, and the game before that rondo played, and the first game they played with both teams fully healthy the celtics won. KG is now fully healthy and they know how to D up in the postseason. They are going to bang down low and the refs are going to be very influential in the series. Celtics guards are physical so if they are calling it close they may struggle with fouls but if they are letting them play they are going to get some steals.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

you will lose this bet. no point in writing up a page for you if you've already locked in your money. i'd be wasting my time, energy and effort for no reason.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

StateChamp
    Dr Phil Nation
    StateChamp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfreak91 View Post
    Kg hadn't played the last two games against the knicks, and the game before that rondo played, and the first game they played with both teams fully healthy the celtics won. KG is now fully healthy and they know how to D up in the postseason. They are going to bang down low and the refs are going to be very influential in the series. Celtics guards are physical so if they are calling it close they may struggle with fouls but if they are letting them play they are going to get some steals.

redsoxfreak91

Well I am going to stop posting on this thread now until later in the series. I will then make sure those who laughed know they were dead wrong.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

you should know as a celtics fan rondo didnt play in the game the celtics won

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

First off, no one cares about your so called amounts of your bet. It's 99% bullshit until you post it on here. So you shouldn't mention it cuz ppl are going to hammer you for it.
    2nd, you sound like a homer who hasn't watched many games. Stoudemire is nothing. Been worthless the whole year. Even when he played, he was just a bench guy who had a decent game once in a while. But Knicks played better without him.
    Knicks not only swept the Celtics this year, they dominated them.
    The Celtic Era is over. Don't throw away money on your dying team. They have about a 10-15% chance to win this series. You think the price is good cuz you haven't seen a Celtics price like that in quite a while.
    Good luck, Knicks win in 4 or 5 games though.

Bostongambler

Except I like them in game one and if they won that game then odds would turn to their favor. A Celtic victory gives them home court advantage from that point on. It would be near even. Now what I should've done was put 5,000 on the series and 5,000 on game 1 for the celtics. That way if the celtics won, I would have won 15,000 plus my 5,000 so I could've put 10,000 more on the series and still have my original 10,000 in my pocket....o well too late now.
    That's a good point as well

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Well I am going to stop posting on this thread now until later in the series. I will then make sure those who laughed know they were dead wrong.
    Like the pick and actually think the Celts might sweep them.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Like the pick and actually think the Celts might sweep them.
    It's not 2008 guy. It's 2013 in case you haven't noticed. Pierce and Garnett are done.
    Points Awarded:

BennyBigNuts gave convick 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15193

Put more money on it so I can get a better line on the Knicks

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Just hope for the Celtics to win a game in the first two in New York, and then drop another $10,000 on the Knicks with the adjusted series price. Lock in a profit and laugh your way to the bank.

redsoxfreak91

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    you should know as a celtics fan rondo didnt play in the game the celtics won
    Yeah I said they were fully healthy like they are now. Rondo isn't with them now either.

Fader
    Sharpsville County
    Fader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1234

I really hope you win this wager, but I don't think it's such a wise investment. It's too much.

"Being healthy," and "being healthy enough to play," are two different things. We have no clue how banged up Pierce and KG are. They are old. Plus, have u seen KG do a lot of flopping in past playoff series? It's not gonna be like that his year with the new anti-flopping rule. At least it shouldn't be. I do think Boston can win one game at home at least. GL with your wager.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by Fader View Post
    I really hope you win this wager, but I don't think it's such a wise investment. It's too much.
    Guy's name is Redsoxfreak91. Most likely meaning he's 22 years old and betting $100 on it.
    You won't be seeing any confirmation on this 99% most likely imaginary bet.

polishkielbasa10
    polishkielbasa10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4789

Celtics can and will win this series. They've been resting the entire team to make prolly their Last run...Melo is a ball hog, and Doc will ramp up this D big time. Don't sleep on the celtics. They know how to play and turn it up in the Playoffs. I like Celts 4-2

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I would consider commenting but you already locked in the 10k?
    Yeah I don't understand why people ask for opinions AFTER placing a bet

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

whether its 5 games or 7 games. Knicks win this series.

Celtics is dead money

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

im a celtics fan but the celtics aren't going to do shit in playoffs this year.

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 857

This is a bad bet. Knicks have far more talent. Stodemire is a huge defensive liability. Celtics cannot stop the Knicks on the offensive boards.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

i only hope the knicks take the first 2 games so i can unload on celtics game 3. knicks will win game 4

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Love this wager, good luck man. I have played the C's as well for much less

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13377

Why didnt you just wait for C's to lose a game or 2 before betting? Knicks are obviously going to be up in the series and you could get a better price. This could possibly be the only upsetting series but I doubt it happens. I remember Melo single handed beat the C's 1 game his first year in NY but that was what 2 years ago and they had Rondo, don't see the upset here.

12 Last