Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does anyone expect to see Rose in the playoffs?

Haven't seen this brought up yet and was wondering what ppl think.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol nah even though they should beat the nets
    Last edited by GamblerSpirit; 04-18-13 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Typo

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

As a bulls fan
    Hoping yes
    Expecting no

I'm all for him taking his time, but we are now at 12 months since the injury, it's really getting disappointing

Frisco

I guess it all comes down to God (lol). But seriously if he's doing full contact practices i don't understand why he can't at least give a spark off the bench.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

no.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i don't think he should for his sake.

obviously he doesn't feel like he's fully healed.

what's the point of playing not trusting your knees and getting injured again?

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

He should stop acting like a pussy and come back. But, he probably won't. I'm on Rose watch though. Will the real Derrick Rose please stand up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruc8YzXA33Q

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Publicly the Bulls are leaving it open as a possibility. I expect he will be on the playoff roster. But nobody knows. If Derrick says yes, then he plays. It's all on him. It really is weird at this point for him not to play. How can he not want to play in the playoffs? He's been practicing full for 2 months. He could easily decide to make it a go. Anyone who claims to know, doesn't.

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Publicly the Bulls are leaving it open as a possibility. I expect he will be on the playoff roster. But nobody knows. If Derrick says yes, then he plays. It's all on him. It really is weird at this point for him not to play. How can he not want to play in the playoffs? He's been practicing full for 2 months. He could easily decide to make it a go. Anyone who claims to know, doesn't.
    I think he's waiting to get his confidence back. AKA when Lebron retires

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

He just needs to rest up if he's waited this long. More time off including a preseason next year should help his confidence which is obviously the main issue here. It would be a nice "story" but after sitting so long he is certainly not up to game speed and the playoffs is probably not the time to test the water.

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    He just needs to rest up if he's waited this long. More time off including a preseason next year should help his confidence which is obviously the main issue here. It would be a nice "story" but after sitting so long he is certainly not up to game speed and the playoffs is probably not the time to test the water.
    I agree that he's sat too long to just start playing big minutes now but he should have been logging minutes off the bench for the last few weeks if he's able to practice fully. I don't see why he can't play 10-15 minutes against the Nets and not as some gimmick

Frisco

Has really nothing to do w/ this thread but my dream scenario for the offseason is Kobe getting amnestied and then going to Chicago.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Reports are yes

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 501

Rose is still going to be on his period throughout the Bulls playoff run. So, he won't be playing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

Stokes36
    Stokes36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Certainly not expecting him to return in the playoffs.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Hearing some rumors that he might play!!!!!!

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Not really. I just have a hard time imagining him playing his first game all year in the playoffs. Something isn't right here. Every week Thibbs says "He's close to returning." Didn't he say that back in early March?

Frisco

Looks like a bunch of misinformation Speedy. If he is able to practice w/ them everyday you would think he should be fine playing some minutes. Who knows at this point. Maybe Stern is holding him out to make his return more dramatic

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

no way he plays in the playoffs after missing the entire year

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

No he will not

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

Pete Rose has a better chance of suiting up.

J_On_A_Roll
    J_On_A_Roll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1698

Why is everyone on rose case. This dude is tougher than all of you, especially considering that he came from a rough neighborhood in chicago known as Englewood. Thats where you will get shot at for real. Trust me im from Southside Chicago. And he not coming back for playoffs. Dont make sense to

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

I don't see the Bulls beating the Nets but that series is the hardest one to predict.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

What if he does come back, and he's as good as ever? What chance would the Bulls have? Just took a long shot flyer on Bulls +7000 at Bookmaker to win the East. Gotta be worth a shot. Ya never know.

Goat Milk

What if he does come back, and he's as good as ever? What chance would the Bulls have? Just took a long shot flyer on Bulls +7000 at Bookmaker to win the East. Gotta be worth a shot. Ya never know.
    it's hard to put money on what ifs too. rose, back or not, will not be winning the east this year. he needs that other all-star on his team. plus thibbs is a fool for playing all his best players 38 min a game. look what happened to bryant. deng is banged up now and so is noah. if the bulls get through the nets they are just gonna have a tough time winning another series.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    it's hard to put money on what ifs too. rose, back or not, will not be winning the east this year. he needs that other all-star on his team. plus thibbs is a fool for playing all his best players 38 min a game. look what happened to bryant. deng is banged up now and so is noah. if the bulls get through the nets they are just gonna have a tough time winning another series.
    I get all that, but at 70-1 to win the East it's gotta be worth a flyer. Even without Rose, this Bulls team is a bit of an unknown with all the injuries they've had. I'm not sure we know how good they might be with a healthy Noah, Gibson, Deng, with the emergence of Jimmy Butler. Butler is the best player no one knows about. Thibs needs to play him 35-40 mins/game in the playoffs. I honestly think if the Bulls had a normal Rose, they are better than they were the last 2 years, with Butler at the 2.

Goat Milk

I get all that, but at 70-1 to win the East it's gotta be worth a flyer. Even without Rose, this Bulls team is a bit of an unknown with all the injuries they've had. I'm not sure we know how good they might be with a healthy Noah, Gibson, Deng, with the emergence of Jimmy Butler. Butler is the best player no one knows about. Thibs needs to play him 35-40 mins/game in the playoffs. I honestly think if the Bulls had a normal Rose, they are better than they were the last 2 years, with Butler at the 2.
    Butler will be playing 35 min in the playoffs for sure. They could be better than 2 years ago if they were all healthy, yeah i'd probably agree. I think it's a waste of money to bet against MIA, but do your thing. Your better off throwing that money on the Lakers winning the West. They at least have a healthy superstar that's carried a team to the finals before.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Butler will be playing 35 min in the playoffs for sure. They could be better than 2 years ago if they were all healthy, yeah i'd probably agree. I think it's a waste of money to bet against MIA, but do your thing. Your better off throwing that money on the Lakers winning the West. They at least have a healthy superstar that's carried a team to the finals before.
    No way. Lakers would play 3 series against teams that should pretty easily beat them. Aside from Miami, Bulls would have a much easier road. I legitimately Bulls would beat Pacers or Knicks if it got there, and I think they will beat Brooklyn. So what If Lebron goes down in Game 1. Ya never know.

Goat Milk

No way. Lakers would play 3 series against teams that should pretty easily beat them. Aside from Miami, Bulls would have a much easier road. I legitimately Bulls would beat Pacers or Knicks if it got there, and I think they will beat Brooklyn. So what If Lebron goes down in Game 1. Ya never know.
    Miami doesn't need Lebron to win the East imo. To win a title yeah. But not to win the East. Wade steps into that role easily. Way too much depth too for Miami. Teams like Miami win b2b.

The only chance miami won't win the East is if Bron and Wade both go down. That'll never happen.

I just think you're flushing your money down the toilet on that bet, but it's your money. You can always hope and pray. You're better off putting that money on the Clippers or Lakers to win the West, i'm telling you. Take the Clippers to win the west.

tto827

If by some miracle DROSE returns at 90-100%, the Bulls have as good of shot as any to beat the Heat. They match up extremely well, and Deng does a pretty damn good job guarding Lebron.

The Bulls were playing this season with 2 at most 3 starters logging heavy minutes each night. There were games we were rolling with Nate, Butler, Deng, Mohammed and Boozer, two of those guys will barely see the court when the Bulls are healthy.

tto827

Dwayne Wade CANNOT, let me repeat that, CANNOT lead a team to the finals anymore. I do not care who you put around him, there is no chance he can LEAD a team, he just doesn't have the ability to go hard and be effective for 37 minutes a night for 6 or 7 game stretches.

Goat Milk

Wade had 23 10 dimes 2 nights ago in like 22 minutes of action. that's what wade does. he's been sacrificing so much to play with lebron. do you not remember who led miami to the finals 2 years ago? was it lebron? no, it was wade. and he averaged 30 a game against dallas in the finals, on the verge of being finals mvp, if it weren't for lebron's pitiful performance. he handed the reigns over to bron. he can do it if he needs to.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    If by some miracle DROSE returns at 90-100%, the Bulls have as good of shot as any to beat the Heat. They match up extremely well, and Deng does a pretty damn good job guarding Lebron.

The Bulls were playing this season with 2 at most 3 starters logging heavy minutes each night. There were games we were rolling with Nate, Butler, Deng, Mohammed and Boozer, two of those guys will barely see the court when the Bulls are healthy.
    Which two? Boozer starts. Butler starts. Deng starts. Nate is the best bench player on the bulls. The only guy that won't see much court is MOhammed. Everyone else you named is a key player.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Miami doesn't need Lebron to win the East imo. To win a title yeah. But not to win the East. Wade steps into that role easily. Way too much depth too for Miami. Teams like Miami win b2b.

The only chance miami won't win the East is if Bron and Wade both go down. That'll never happen.

I just think you're flushing your money down the toilet on that bet, but it's your money. You can always hope and pray. You're better off putting that money on the Clippers or Lakers to win the West, i'm telling you. Take the Clippers to win the west.
    I do like the Clippers, but that's +850 vs. +7000 for the Bulls. Different kind of bet. Lakers, Warriors and Rockets would be similar bets in the West. Nets, Celtics, Hawks similar in the East. I'll take Bulls over all of those because of the Rose wild card.

12 Last