bobich
    bobich's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Percentage of loser

Hi all,

I have often heard vague things about this subject that there was 80% or 95% or 98% or 99% of losers.
    What is certain is that the majority of bettors are losers. But you had a reliable figure, a reliable survey?
    The losers percentage among customers in general and for each bookmaker.
    For example, the percentage of recreational bookmakers like bwin or Bet365 and the bookmakers 'professional' as pinnacle?

I search on internet but nothing accurate. It is sure that bookmakers have interest to hide this figure.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I would say 95%

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

I would say 96%

bobich

ok ok but it's only estimations.

It will be interesting to have the percentage of big winners (0.1% perhaps), total winners (5% perhaps).

An inside bookmaker information will be very appreciate.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

My book had 99% winners.

But we also had Brock Landers account so everything balanced nicely.

bobich

no more serious answer please?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Looking at vegas and how its strip has developed and the oceans' series. I would say at least 99% losers, and big.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Looking at vegas and how its strip has developed and the oceans' series. I would say at least 99% losers, and big.
    People go there expecting to lose and I think they enjoy it more than winning.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ratpack

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Percentages on games don't mean shit.

100 SBR players betting on a side doesn't carry the weight what side 3 players have betting 2 dimes a move

Get me actual money on a side. Books will NEVER give that out.

I/O

Do you really think books are gonna give out ANY info that would actually hurt their bottom line??

That info has been out there for free or pay for some time. IF it was successful, it would have been taken away.

Any dude in a hotel in Vegas can write a program make such percentage plays and own and island IF it was that easy.

It doesn't work.

I/O

I have also recently seen SI pushing their crap at a lot more sites recently.

LOL

snake oil salesman

bobich

Concretely! percentage???

if I remember correctly, in Gambling Wizards Billy Walters says there is 1% of 1000 punters of winners. The rest are only losers.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

You're asking for something that nobody can even remotely answer. It's why you're not getting more serious answers.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    You're asking for something that nobody can even remotely answer. It's why you're not getting more serious answers.
    Yea nobody really knows but it would be amazing to actually find out. I know lots of bettors and barely any of them ever profit and the ones who aren't doing it in the long term.

bobich

SBR has also a bookmaker? For reasons of transparency, we could have the stats loser / winner?

The bettors hide their loss and shows their wins. I do not trust the word of a punter.

For my part, my balance since I do sports paris is negative. I have to say that I'm a loser. Like as at least 95% of people who frequent this forum.

Smoke

The only way to win at sportd betting unless your billy walters of course is to either become a tout or a bookie. One is legal the other isnt but those are the only two ways to win long term

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    The only way to win at sportd betting unless your billy walters of course is to either become a tout or a bookie. One is legal the other isnt but those are the only two ways to win long term
    what an easy life a tout must have. just sit back and get paid to blow smoke up peoples ass's.

Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    what an easy life a tout must have. just sit back and get paid to blow smoke up peoples ass's.

bobich

I think the only person who can answer is justin7

tenbas
    tenbas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3855

Over or around 99%. You have to define the time series and other factors, not an easy question. But bottom line after more than 5-10 years, almost everybody is in the red, many will lie - probably even to themselves.

bobich

I found the passage of Billy Walters in Gambling Wizards. I think he knows of what he speaks.
    "Probably one thousandth of one-percent of the people that bet sports can win. The rest of them are all losers."
    ==> 99.99999% of bettors are losers ==> 1 winner / 100 000 bettors
    Last edited by bobich; 04-19-13 at 06:06 AM. Reason: mistake