Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Alabama, Wisconsin, Texas A&M all turn down Louisville for 2013 NCAAF Season

Coach Sumlin and Coach Strong had come to an agreement to open the season with each other in Houston. Johnny Football vs Teddy Ballgame but the school couldn't work it out.

Bama and Wiscy also backed out.

Louisville schedule is awful this year...

Fukkin frustrating transition year waiting for the ACC
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 04-15-13 at 03:10 PM.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

wisconsin only plays complete candy-ass patsies, and only plays them in madison

with the exception of alabama in 2015 at a neutral site

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Just saw their schedule. God damn. But hey, here's to an undefeated season!

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Welcome to college football style scheduling. The powers that be at the top do what it takes to protect themselves and each other while throwing the rest of Division 1 under the bus.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Most large conference teams are looking to play out of conference games at home because of larger stadiums and the amount of money they can generate. Guess my question is was Louisville willing to go to Texas A&M, Alabama or Wisconsin? I don't know the situation so just asking.

Example this season: Nebraska was schedule to play at Southern Miss this year. Instead, for a $2.1 million payday, USM agreed to play in Lincoln.

Almost all SEC teams play non-conference games in their home stadiums. Money!

WorkHorse

I keep up with Alabama football and had never heard of Alabama scheduling...much less backing out of a game against Louisville...so I did a little research.

Louisville targeted a game with Alabama in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic in Atlanta. Alabama already had the game scheduled with Virginia Tech. The Hokies were thinking of backing out of that game if QB Logan Thomas had left early for the NFL. He didn't leave, Virginia Tech didn't back out, and Louisville was left without a neutral site opening game against the Tide.

I don't know the situation with Wisconsin or Texas A&M....but Alabama did not back out of any game with Louisville.

Richards
    Richards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    wisconsin only plays complete candy-ass patsies, and only plays them in madison

with the exception of alabama in 2015 at a neutral site
    Didn't they play at Oregon State last year, away in non-conf schedule? LOL Utah State was a shanked kick from beating them at Camp Randall so they hired the coach!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    I keep up with Alabama football and had never heard of Alabama scheduling...much less backing out of a game against Louisville...so I did a little research.

Louisville targeted a game with Alabama in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic in Atlanta. Alabama already had the game scheduled with Virginia Tech. The Hokies were thinking of backing out of that game if QB Logan Thomas had left early for the NFL. He didn't leave, Virginia Tech didn't back out, and Louisville was left without a neutral site opening game against the Tide.

I don't know the situation with Wisconsin or Texas A&M....but Alabama did not back out of any game with Louisville.
    Thanks for the info!

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

don't want to hear any bitching when Louisville plays in the BCS title game.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Teams like Alabama will usually play one above average team out of conference, but it has to be a name team with a huge following and tradition. Michigan, Ped State, Virginia Tech are teams they have played in the past that fit that bill. Louisville is not one of those teams... strong teams that do not have a large following or tradition have a hard time scheduling marquee games. I follow TCU and they have to schedule teams years in advance, and most of the time those teams try to back out when the year actually comes up. LSU had a home-and-home scheduled with TCU for 2013-2014, but LSU tried to back out of it altogether so finally TCU/LSU agreed to their neutral site game this year instead. But Arkansas, Texas Tech, Ohio State and Ole Miss are teams that have backed out of games with TCU over the past 5 years.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

b/c why risk losing a game if you dont have to.

In college football its all about hype and style points. If you lose 1 game your season may be over essentially.

Thats why we need more than a 4 team playoff!

oh well , weve known this for decades...

Ohio state will go undefeated again this year! Suck on that SEC!!!

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Bama is already playing one cupcake to begin the season (Virginia Tech)

yes, i'm a huge hokie fan

WorkHorse

Mr. B, I wouldn't sell Virginia Tech short this season...I know Bama fans haven't.

Bit of a let down last year at 7-6 but take a look at 10 year run for Frank Beamer and DC Bud Foster.

11-3, 11-3, 10-3, 10-4, 11-3, 10-3, 11-2, 10-3, 8-5, 10-4 = 102-33

Beamer and Foster haven't forgotten how to coach and the Hokies will bounce back this season.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Mr. B, I wouldn't sell Virginia Tech short this season...I know Bama fans haven't.

Bit of a let down last year at 7-6 but take a look at 10 year run for Frank Beamer and DC Bud Foster.

Beamer and Foster haven't forgotten how to coach and the Hokies will bounce back this season.
    hahahhaha what a fukkin joke.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    b/c why risk losing a game if you dont have to.

In college football its all about hype and style points. If you lose 1 game your season may be over essentially.

Thats why we need more than a 4 team playoff!

oh well , weve known this for decades...

Ohio state will go undefeated again this year! Suck on that SEC!!!
    Exactly... there is no need to schedule a tough non conference game anymore, I don't see why teams do it... Just look at Texas A&M's pathetic excuse of a non conference schedule this year. But if they go 12-1 and win the SEC, they will still be #1 in the BCS.

broadway6
    on to the next one

hoping the new o-coordinator, o-line, and WR coach make some magic in the next few years. I'm not sure it will be in 2013 though.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

They already have their schedules set

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Let's get a few things straight. Starting next season, SOS will beome a rather large part of a teams potential standings when it comes to the NC game. Remember this will be a playoff, chosen by a "committee" of people. If your team wants to beconsidered, they had better play and defeat some "name" team out of their conference. Teams like USC and Stanford play Notre Dame every year, so they need not worry so much. Teams like Auburn, are going to have to schedule some tougher teams than they have lately.

This season, Louisville is a #10 team that can back into the NC game because they play a very soft schedule. The only possible losses I see are games at USF, and that is very doubtful, and at Cincinnati to end the season. They will get killed in the NC game by whomever they play, if they make it that far.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Let's get a few things straight. Starting next season, SOS will beome a rather large part of a teams potential standings when it comes to the NC game. Remember this will be a playoff, chosen by a "committee" of people. If your team wants to beconsidered, they had better play and defeat some "name" team out of their conference. Teams like USC and Stanford play Notre Dame every year, so they need not worry so much. Teams like Auburn, are going to have to schedule some tougher teams than they have lately.

This season, Louisville is a #10 team that can back into the NC game because they play a very soft schedule. The only possible losses I see are games at USF, and that is very doubtful, and at Cincinnati to end the season. They will get killed in the NC game by whomever they play, if they make it that far.
    That's what they said about Florida last year, before we dominated them.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    Bama is already playing one cupcake to begin the season (Virginia Tech)

yes, i'm a huge hokie fan
    Week 1 is going to be a tough game for the Hokies, but for a team looking to rebound from a poor year, it also sets the bar high from the very beginning. With months to prepare for one of the most talented teams in the FBS, everyone will work that much harder in the offseason and even an 0-1 start will pay dividends over the course of the season.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 04-17-13 at 01:46 PM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Louisville would NOT finish in the Top 3 in ANY other AQ conference. Do not even try to deny this. They play in a Conference that is weaker than the MWC. They should be disqualified from NC competition because of their schedule. You also had better learn that you do NOT just try to schedule a game at the last minute. 'Bama gave Louisville a shot IF Va. Tech backed out. They did not. Texas A&M NEVER agreed to a game. All you have said is nothing more than a ouple of HC's talking. HC's do NOT make the schedule. Did the Louisville AD EVER contact A&M? NO. As far as Wisconsin goes, I am sure they did NOT back out of a game against Louisville. They host BYU, and go to Arizona State this season, which is a lot tougher non-con schedule than Louisville scheduled when the scheduling of games was actually done.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Come to C-Bus. This year. I'd love to see that game unfold...

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

It will take a miracle for them to play for the title. No way Louisville is jumping a 1 loss SEC team if they're undefeated. They probably wouldn't jump a 1 loss Big 10 or Big 12 team. Pretty much need to clobber everyone on their schedule, hope the Big East can eek out a few good OOC wins and hope for 2007 style chaos. They can't live on that Florida win for two seasons. Too bad they aren't in the ACC this year.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    That's what they said about Florida last year, before we dominated them.
    People will never stop making that argument though. Going to have to get used to it pal.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    It will take a miracle for them to play for the title. No way Louisville is jumping a 1 loss SEC team if they're undefeated. They probably wouldn't jump a 1 loss Big 10 or Big 12 team. Pretty much need to clobber everyone on their schedule, hope the Big East can eek out a few good OOC wins and hope for 2007 style chaos. They can't live on that Florida win for two seasons. Too bad they aren't in the ACC this year.
    It really is. They can't join soon enough. Really looking forward to ACC basketball for years to come

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Teams like Alabama will usually play one above average team out of conference, but it has to be a name team with a huge following and tradition. Michigan, Ped State, Virginia Tech are teams they have played in the past that fit that bill. Louisville is not one of those teams... strong teams that do not have a large following or tradition have a hard time scheduling marquee games. I follow TCU and they have to schedule teams years in advance, and most of the time those teams try to back out when the year actually comes up. LSU had a home-and-home scheduled with TCU for 2013-2014, but LSU tried to back out of it altogether so finally TCU/LSU agreed to their neutral site game this year instead. But Arkansas, Texas Tech, Ohio State and Ole Miss are teams that have backed out of games with TCU over the past 5 years.
    add clemson, florida state

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

Isn't it funny how just because a team would not agree to drop a game already scheduled to play against a different team means they are "backing out"?

Dumb Lville fukks

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Louisville goes to the NC game this season if they run the table and only one other team also does the same. The reasons are so obvious that i am surprised that no one has figured it out in here. First, it is the last season for the computers to weigh in and losses count heavy in computer land. Next, they are going to the ACC next season and ACC HC's and voters will vote them #1 or 2 before any one loss SEC team, or any other team for that matter. Three. They are the NCAA Mens Hoops champions. Do you really think that the NCAA and ESPN will blow that opportunity? An advertising dream made in heaven.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

I think UK will give them a run for their $$$

broadway6
    on to the next one

Lkid, your boys are going to South Bend in 2014. A year to late

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Really? UK? The worst team in the SEC?

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

you clowns were doing the same song and dance before we prison raped an overrated SEZ team ranked in the top 5

k4cowboys4k
    k4cowboys4k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Come to C-Bus. This year. I'd love to see that game unfold...
    Stop dreaming, everyone knows Ohio State hasn't played a quality team in decades

govolz
    govolz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    you clowns were doing the same song and dance before we prison raped an overrated SEZ team ranked in the top 5
    you really think bama or tex am is scared to play louisville? be serious now u really think that? lol

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

They don't get anything out of playing them. Why waste their time when they can ass fukk Arkansas Pinebluff.

12 Last