danthaman101183
    danthaman101183's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Matchbook problems with Live Betting-Major Issue

I made 2 absolutely large plays today in matchbook today. I chose -320 Raiders first half +6.5 and raiders +10.5 -1300 towards the beginning of the 4th quarter...

I checked my slip and they are graded as losses and somehow changed my bets... They said I picked chargers -6.5 first half +285 and under 42.5 for game.. How can they do this? I just drained my account on that raiders pick -10.5 because it was sure and they showed I picked the under for the same amount instead of that... !!! Unreal!!! Who do I contact about this? I contacted their live chat right after they happened and they claim they cannot do anything about it and to contact info@matchbook.com...

What is going on with this book? How can they change my 2 winners and now I am left with almost nothing in my account.. Can someone help me please!!! So mad!

danthaman101183

Fishhead I know you love that site and I have followed you for years and respect you immensely.. can you shed some light on what I can do? These are two no brainer picks I put in that were basically gimmes that they did not grade right.. I am getting no where with them.. they have great lines but I can have my sure picks changed.. I have no clue what is going on!

topgame85
    Follow @TopGameWinner
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

Wow if this is true thats ridiculous I hope you get it worked out fill out a complaint form

InTheHole
    InTheHole's Avatar Become A Pro!

sure you didnt get tricked? People have been known to putout reverse bets to see if someone mistakenly bites on a reverse line.

danthaman101183

Thanx for the feedback guys.. how would I go about filling out a complaint form? I checked both, I see many fishy, faulty lines out there but was very careful.. these are big amounts I wagered here thinking it was no risk at all..

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4122

Did you do this online or by phone?????

danthaman101183

I did it online.. It showed confirmed as a bet and on both occasions it showed something and unmatched bets that were live as well which I was shocked to see and canceled.. this is how I found out it was putting in the wrong bet.. I contacted live on the first occasion and was told to email info@matchbook.com ( which I did) and the second occasion the chat was closed.. this was about an hour a go.. the second is the one that hurts the most.. we are talking 98 percent of my bankroll at the beginning of the 4th quarter when the game was tied.. I had oakland +10.5 ( somehow it was still on there) and then they claimed I was on the under 42.5 ( which still would have been a decent bet at the time but in no way the sure bet the other one was, especially at -1300).. Not sure how to handle this.. they have some great lines but their live betting has many flaws from what i see

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4122

Hopefully Justin can help you.......He does a good job

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 892

very strange case

please let us know how this turns out

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

CarpeDime

matchy seems to be down right now

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

danthaman101183

Thanx again.. Yes, I would like to talk to anyone I can about this.. I cannot sleep.. If i lose a wager then fine, I am man.. move on.. I have been in this game for a while.. But to see wagers I did not authorize in place of what should of been, I have a real problem

danthaman101183

Yes, i will be sure to let everyone know what the outcome is.. I am still in disbelief.. I cannot trust my account with large sums of money in there with this nonsense.. I need this resolved ASAP

danthaman101183

Just filled out the complain form on the this site so I hope to get somewhere.. I am a longtime player and just started posting but this will certainly inspire me to post more in here.. This book owes me an explanation tomorrow.. They have great lines, what a shame.

danthaman101183

I just woke up and spoke with one of their reps this morning.. They claim something like this has never happened before on their site and are looking into it.. The CSR would not allow me to speak with the dept that was looking into it and said they will email me later.. no timeframe to expect at this point.. I will keep you updated

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Dan...how long have you been using MB?

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005

danthaman101183

I am new to that site and joined late last week.. The entire weekend went fine and I until Monday night I had no problems. Then, the problems occurred during the same game during live action... I love the live action but not sure if their is some delay on their site or simply they are grading my bets wrong

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 415

sorry to hear this dan. but this is the price people can pay for betting with computers.

SBR
    Sharp
    Bettor

$$$$$

MrX
    MrX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just a reminder to everyone. Take screen shots of every bet that you make. At the very least, take screen shots of your larger bets.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    sorry to hear this dan. but this is the price people can pay for betting Swith computers.
    I'd trust an operation that can be dealt with via SBR a hell of a lot more than I trust a human being. I've never seen a complaint like this about Matchbook, this is incredibly rare. To fault "betting with computers" because of this incident is quite stupid.

BOL Dan, Matchbook is about as legit a book as you'll find so with SBR's assistance you should be taken care of.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 415

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    I'd trust an operation that can be dealt with via SBR a hell of a lot more than I trust a human being. I've never seen a complaint like this about Matchbook, this is incredibly rare. To fault "betting with computers" because of this incident is quite stupid.

BOL Dan, Matchbook is about as legit a book as you'll find so with SBR's assistance you should be taken care of.
    ok there guy cause computers never timeout or go down. yes im stupid and your smart have a good day

SBR
    Sharp
    Bettor

$$$$$

danthaman101183

Yeah I really think matchbook has great potential.. I will play there a long long time if I can get this figured out or to see what may have caused this ( if anything on my end).... Thanx for looking out for me guys and I am I will continue to update things as they come along. I trust any book that SBR supports so I hope they can provide a logical explanation of the events.. thus far, I have not received any explanation that makes sense.

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4501

Very odd. I have a feeling you clicked on the wrong side of the wagering options and didnt pay enough attention. It has happened to me before. In any case, I hope you get proper resolution from Matchbook if otherwise.

MrX
    MrX's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm afraid this won't end well for you, Dan.

It seems very unlikely that the system on Matchbook's end simply changed your bets. What sounds most likely, of course, is that you mistakenly made the wrong bets and didn't notice until grading. The fact that you're new to MB makes this sound very likely. Unfortunately, even in the unlikely event that something went wrong with the client side which made it appear to you that you made one bet, while sending another bet to MB, without a screenshot, there is no way for MB to come to that conclusion.

I hope I'm wrong.

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Exchanges cause more errors than betting at a regular book. Those who play learn this the hard way. Reverse bets have got many new and longer playing bettors.

The worst thing about about live betting is that your mistakes will get picked off quickly, whereas if you are putting in the plays in a less popular sports or time, you can often cancel them before they cost you.

Either way, hope this works out, but like MrX says, your situation is not that uncommon when new to exchanges.

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

agree with MrX.

This will be hard to win.

CaneDawg
    CaneDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

hopefully the honest folks in this world catch a break from time to time

MonkeyF0cker
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 901

Yep. Expensive lesson apparently.

bleedblue
    bleedblue's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    I'm afraid this won't end well for you, Dan.

It seems very unlikely that the system on Matchbook's end simply changed your bets. What sounds most likely, of course, is that you mistakenly made the wrong bets and didn't notice until grading. The fact that you're new to MB makes this sound very likely. Unfortunately, even in the unlikely event that something went wrong with the client side which made it appear to you that you made one bet, while sending another bet to MB, without a screenshot, there is no way for MB to come to that conclusion.

I hope I'm wrong.

I have to agree with this. I started live-betting a year ago, and in the first couple weeks, I bet the wrong side 3-4 times. There can be confusing offers and when you are new to it and rushing to get your bets in quickly, mistakes happen. I doubt that it was a software error, but wish you luck.

ABEHONEST
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6651

Here's my experienced opionion on what actually happened...especially since you are new to their website..First of all, live betting is like the "Wild Wild West",you shoot fast from the hip and sometimes you miss your target,like playing the opposite pick you intended !
    I have done it more than once,especially in the "heat of the battle".
    Most likely you made at least one play backwards, on the other play I have no opinion ?

If you are fairly young,say twenties, you are probably just to geared up to be playing "live" sports ?
    How old are you and how long have you been gambling on line ?

Only trying to help !

danthaman101183

Thanks for all of the support guys... I have been back and forth with their team there and they cannot explain what happened besides possibly a user error issue on my end. I was very sure I did not but cannot be 100 percent of course.. I will be doing screenshots in the future most certainly so this will not happen again.. I am deciding to reload with them and give it another shot because of their attractive lines.. I will be sure that if an offer far seems too good to be true I must have clicked the wrong option. and have a second and third look. Lesson learned, but I will get my money back no problem

I have been capping sports ever since I was in high school.. lol..I live to do this.. been in the capping world with betjm and other books many of you use for many years..Yes, I am in my twenties..

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Sucks to here that bro. Anyway, Matchbook is a must have for any serious players. Their lines are simply unbeatable. Also, I find that they are one of the more honest books out there.

danthaman101183

Thanx "GiveMeaBJ".. wow.. cant help but to chuckle when I read your Screename.. I am glad to hear you feel they are honest.. I will give them another chance

InTheHole
    InTheHole's Avatar Become A Pro!

How much was your bankroll...

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with the posters that suggest you made a mistake. I have made nearly 10,000 offers at MB. I have had my share of horror when I clicked the wrong team. It happens. You really have to concentrate when you do this stuff. I still make mistakes.

SBR Founder Join Date: 12/29/2005

CarpeDime

you have to be careful with matchy, especially if you are using firefox

when i enter in numbers, it is not uncommon for extra zeroes to get added, both in the odds box and in the bet amount boxes

i don't live bet there but I would guess it would be treacherous

For instance, if you match an offer and miss out on it, and then decide you'll take a slightly worse line, and adjust the odds in your offer box - you will sometimes get DOUBLE the amount you want - because your automatic hanging offer and new match go through simultaneously

not the greatest software for an exchange

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

12 Last