1. #1
    FreddeSwe
    FreddeSwe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-15-05
    Posts: 46

    Warning for Bet365 if you want to win money

    I have just had my account limited to 5% of my former maximum bet amount.

    I have had this after betting with them for over a year with little success. During this time i have had a profit of 1.5% (ROI 101.5). During last months I have had a poor period with them and lost a lot of money and still they want to limit me.

    Bet 365 beats all of my other betting companies for a very coward approach against their customers. Had I won a lot then fine but now my winnings would be gone with two lost medium bets.

    For pretty large scale of the bets they offer I know how the fantastic max amount of $1.1 and for others I got $85.

    They explain why I am limited with this email yesterday:
    "Dear Mr xxxxxxx,

    We are writing to you with regards to your recent query over your betting limits at bet365.

    As requested, we have referred your account to our trading team to review. Unfortunately at this time there will be no changes made. However, accounts are reviewed on a regular basis and any updates will be made accordingly.

    The amount offered to a customer depends on the nature of the event and our Tradersí estimate of the likely profitability of that customerís business. We are sorry that the limits offered are sometimes less than you would like to have staked."

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/15/2005


  2. #2
    FreddeSwe
    FreddeSwe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-15-05
    Posts: 46

    How this bookmaker can have the grade of A from Sportsbook review is non-understandable.

    I know more people that have had this strange treatment from them after winning money from them.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/15/2005


  3. #3
    Pedro
    Pedro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-23-05
    Posts: 260
    Betpoints: 2551

    join pinny and forget them.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/23/2005


  4. #4
    mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-31-05
    Posts: 1,278

    For sure Pedro,
    Any book that limits the amount allowed to be wagered are bums and do not know what they are doing. Join Pinny and forget these losers.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/31/2005


  5. #5
    FreddeSwe
    FreddeSwe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-15-05
    Posts: 46

    Pinny do not offer what I usually bet on. Neither do they offer the highest oddses at what they offer. I got an account at Pinnacle that I use once in a while. They are good for tennis and some soccer but not much more.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/15/2005


  6. #6
    LGBoots
    LGBoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 742
    Betpoints: 30

    In the UK Bet365 are known by punters as Bet£3.65

    Even if you have been a long time loser there, once you start winning they will put stupid limits on you.

    I was offered a max of £8 on a tennis match a while back !

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  7. #7
    denn333
    Update your status
    denn333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-16-05
    Posts: 1,191
    Betpoints: 12

    So true, i caught one hot streak and after i requested a payout they closed my account.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/16/2005


  8. #8
    mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-31-05
    Posts: 1,278

    Are you kidding me denn and LG?

    I have heard a few rumblings about these guys before but never really paid it much notice as i don't do business with them.

    What do these lunatics think we (their customers) are here to do? Obviously just there to give them money !

    Must be nice to live in La-La land.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/31/2005


  9. #9
    Betman
    Betman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-20-05
    Posts: 300
    Betpoints: 961

    Well SBR ! Did you hear this ?

    It is time to downgrade Bet365.

    Their deceptive business tactics warrant it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MTek

    SBR Founder Join Date: 10/20/2005


  10. #10
    BadAzz
    BadAzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 324
    Betpoints: 78

    Not sure, but I don't think the SBR ratings have nothing to do with bookies limiting players. They are graded on different basis. I agree that limiting winners is highly annoying and I'd like to see reviews from this point of view as well. I try to steer away from bookies that are doing this, but it is hard to say before you win something. They don't really advertise it

    Here is my stay away because of limiting list (aca where have been limited), if it helps somebody.
    -BetAndWin
    -Nordicbet
    -Eurotip
    -Interwetten
    -Scandic bookmakers
    -SportingBet
    -24HBet, aca 24HPoker
    -I am thinking that also Fonbet is headed that direction

    If you want to bet more exotic euro sports I recommend Centrebet, Unibet and Expekt

    /BadAzz

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  11. #11
    bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 55,430

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro
    join pinny and forget them.
    or cris... are both fine choices

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  12. #12
    maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-26-05
    Posts: 474

    Add Legendz to the list of books that limit you after going on a hot streak. They limited me so much I had to close the account. I go mostly with Cris & Bodog now. I like that Cris can still claim that they have never kicked a player out or limited their bets because the player won. Does anyone know contrary to this?

    SBR Founder Join Date: 10/26/2005


  13. #13
    denn333
    Update your status
    denn333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-16-05
    Posts: 1,191
    Betpoints: 12

    Mad ,i am not kidding, i received a phone call and the lady said that the company made a decision that it was in their best interest to close my acct. they netellered my remaining funds that same day.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/16/2005


  14. #14
    pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-18-05
    Posts: 12,264

    yeah, I'd leave these guys in a heartbeat...scared to take your action because you get hot...unbelievable...

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/18/2005


  15. #15
    FreddeSwe
    FreddeSwe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-15-05
    Posts: 46

    Could any admin of Sportsbookreview please give a comment on why they don't consider customer treatment as widely important in their rating?

    It is certainly poor customer treatment to limit people that got a small winning or not a winning at all at a betting company.

    Bill? John? Illusion? Anyone else who can comment on why this factor has very little value in your grade of the bookmaker?

    I think that there is no point in giving an A to a bookmaker that allows you to bet for not more than $10.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/15/2005


  16. #16
    pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-18-05
    Posts: 12,264

    fredd,

    good point here, this should definitely be one of the criteria when grading a book...sportsbooks here in Reno do this too and it's one of the reasons I no longer play with them...

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/18/2005


  17. #17
    marc
    marc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-15-05
    Posts: 1,166
    Betpoints: 200

    FreddeSwe,

    My opinion is that just as players have the right to choose where they want to place their action, books have the right to choose whose action they want to take. In theory, if we could force books to take everyone's action, you would likely see quite a few books go under. Not everyone is equipped to handle sharp action. IF you look at the books that have really good dog lines, how do they do it. The answer is, they limit the number of sharp players they have. If a book says they wnat to limit the amount of sharp action they take, it's in everyones bets interest to let them do so.

    As for the ratings, the main issue is when they give you the boot, do they do it nicely, and pay you right away, or do they show you the door, and then slow pay you. As long as you get paid right away, I don't think there is much to complain about.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/15/2005


  18. #18
    rm18
    rm18's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-20-05
    Posts: 19,392
    Betpoints: 84

    Cris has cut limits, not to me personally but I heard they have.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/20/2005


  19. #19
    SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-12-05
    Posts: 16,497
    Betpoints: 38834

    Pedro
    Member


    Join Date: 08-23-05
    Posts: 81

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    join pinny and forget them.
    Exactly! You can bet $50,000 at Pinny over the net and never have to worry about getting cut down.

    Pick the book that is right for you.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/12/2005


  20. #20
    pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-18-05
    Posts: 12,264

    marc, I see your point, but I still think this is chicken scratch of the book not to keep taking a players action...no one stays hot forever...

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/18/2005


  21. #21
    Max Levine
    Max Levine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-12-05
    Posts: 614

    Quote Originally Posted by marc
    FreddeSwe,

    My opinion is that just as players have the right to choose where they want to place their action, books have the right to choose whose action they want to take. In theory, if we could force books to take everyone's action, you would likely see quite a few books go under. Not everyone is equipped to handle sharp action. IF you look at the books that have really good dog lines, how do they do it. The answer is, they limit the number of sharp players they have. If a book says they wnat to limit the amount of sharp action they take, it's in everyones bets interest to let them do so.

    As for the ratings, the main issue is when they give you the boot, do they do it nicely, and pay you right away, or do they show you the door, and then slow pay you. As long as you get paid right away, I don't think there is much to complain about.
    Excellent post, Marc!

    I remember placing a bet at bet365 only to get a message telling me that my wager was over the limit permitted. I didn't think twice, entered the limit bet and placed the same bet elsewhere to cover the difference. They can manage their book as they see fit, as long as they're honest and pay promptly. When it's too low for me, I go elsewhere.

    But the main problem is this:
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddeSwe
    Pinny do not offer what I usually bet on. Neither do they offer the highest oddses at what they offer. I got an account at Pinnacle that I use once in a while. They are good for tennis and some soccer but not much more.
    Which lines are you looking for, Fred. Maybe we can help with your research.

    Max

    SBR Founder Join Date: 10/12/2005


  22. #22
    FreddeSwe
    FreddeSwe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-15-05
    Posts: 46

    Max:
    Swedish Icehockey, Swedish bandy, trotting, smaller Swedish football leagues, European basketball leagues and similar things. I do not bet that much on football and US sports which is what Pinnacle mainly focus on. Doubt you can help with these smallr betting objects because Pinnacle never focused on it and probably never will. They got a different market.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/15/2005


  23. #23
    FreddeSwe
    FreddeSwe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-15-05
    Posts: 46

    Quote Originally Posted by marc
    FreddeSwe,

    My opinion is that just as players have the right to choose where they want to place their action, books have the right to choose whose action they want to take. In theory, if we could force books to take everyone's action, you would likely see quite a few books go under. Not everyone is equipped to handle sharp action. IF you look at the books that have really good dog lines, how do they do it. The answer is, they limit the number of sharp players they have. If a book says they wnat to limit the amount of sharp action they take, it's in everyones bets interest to let them do so.

    As for the ratings, the main issue is when they give you the boot, do they do it nicely, and pay you right away, or do they show you the door, and then slow pay you. As long as you get paid right away, I don't think there is much to complain about.
    Can you really be considered a sharp bettor when you made 2% profit? Can you be considered it when you got a rather big loss last 3 months? Not in my opinion. This is enough to get limited by Bet £3.65 and I am not the only one that is suffering from this.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/15/2005


  24. #24
    marc
    marc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-15-05
    Posts: 1,166
    Betpoints: 200

    There is actual profit and loss, and there is theoretical profit and loss. If you are getting a good number, and have positive expectancy going into the game, some books will lable you sharp, regardless of the outcome of the game. Books also tend not lto like players who are quick to withdraw funds. Laspalmas is a perfect example of that. Books like legendz will sometimes keep players while they are losing, but once they get on a winning streak, they will send them packing.

    Again, just as players can line shop, books can player shop. It's always frustrating to be kicked out of a book, but if I was abookmaker I would do the same.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/15/2005


  25. #25
    Max Levine
    Max Levine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-12-05
    Posts: 614

    Quote Originally Posted by FreddeSwe
    Max:
    Swedish Icehockey, Swedish bandy, trotting, smaller Swedish football leagues, European basketball leagues and similar things. I do not bet that much on football and US sports which is what Pinnacle mainly focus on. Doubt you can help with these smallr betting objects because Pinnacle never focused on it and probably never will. They got a different market.
    Alright, Fred. I found a few just looking for Swedish hockey.

    Ladbrokes (rated A+)
    Centrebet (Rated B+)

    BetAndWin (Rated C)
    Multibet (Rated C)
    Nordicbet (Rated C)
    Expect (Rated C-)

    Cris (Rated A+) offers Swedish hockey lines but had none available for today. Same for Diamond (DSI, Rated A-). Also Fonbet (Rated C-). I thought William Hill would have them but I'm not sure.

    I suggest you ask our posters opinion before playing a book that is rated below B.

    Hope that helps.

    Max
    Last edited by Max Levine; 11-03-05 at 02:20 PM.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 10/12/2005


  26. #26
    Max Levine
    Max Levine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-12-05
    Posts: 614

    Also, have you checked into Eurobet (Rated A-), BetFair (rated A+) and Betsson (Rated B-)?

    There's also EuroSportWetten (Rated C-) and SportWetten.de (not rated).

    Max

    SBR Founder Join Date: 10/12/2005


  27. #27
    FreddeSwe
    FreddeSwe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-15-05
    Posts: 46

    Quote Originally Posted by Max Levine
    Alright, Fred. I found a few just looking for Swedish hockey.

    Ladbrokes (rated A+)
    Centrebet (Rated B+)

    BetAndWin (Rated C)
    Multibet (Rated C)
    Nordicbet (Rated C)
    Expect (Rated C-)

    Cris (Rated A+) offers Swedish hockey lines but had none available for today. Same for Diamond (DSI, Rated A-). Also Fonbet (Rated C-). I thought William Hill would have them but I'm not sure.

    I suggest you ask our posters opinion before playing a book that is rated below B.

    Hope that helps.

    Max
    I use all those bookies but Betcris and Diamond. But I just commented on Pinnacle that was mentioned before because they do not cover some of the sports that interests me. That Ladbrokes got A+ rating is also ridiculous. They also got a poor reputation for the way they treat their customers. Sure, they do payout but they got many odd things around them.

    Centrebet, Unibet and Expekt are in my opinion way better than both Bet 365 and Ladbrokes. I can't understand how bookies are rated really. I like the rating in itself but in some ways it tends to focus on wrong things.

    It gets me upset to see an unserious bookmaker like Bet365 get better rating than Centrebet and Unibet. Both of these bookies are very well-known to allow high stakes and to not limit customers unless they win big money.

    They also got a big range of betting objects and they are really fast with payouts and never read about any complaints from customers.

    They also offer odds at US Sports.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/15/2005


  28. #28
    FreddeSwe
    FreddeSwe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-15-05
    Posts: 46

    Quote Originally Posted by marc
    There is actual profit and loss, and there is theoretical profit and loss. If you are getting a good number, and have positive expectancy going into the game, some books will lable you sharp, regardless of the outcome of the game. Books also tend not lto like players who are quick to withdraw funds. Laspalmas is a perfect example of that. Books like legendz will sometimes keep players while they are losing, but once they get on a winning streak, they will send them packing.

    Again, just as players can line shop, books can player shop. It's always frustrating to be kicked out of a book, but if I was abookmaker I would do the same.
    A good number surely can't be a long-term loss at a bookmaker, or? That is how Bet365 works. They can limit you only because you do not loose money fast enough for their liking. A 2% profit with a rather big loss last three months also obviously are enough to get limited. Your example works when they got a customer that on long-term basis wins a lot. Not a customer that with two poor bets are on a loss suddenly.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/15/2005


  29. #29
    FreddeSwe
    FreddeSwe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-15-05
    Posts: 46

    Quote Originally Posted by Max Levine
    Also, have you checked into Eurobet (Rated A-), BetFair (rated A+) and Betsson (Rated B-)?

    There's also EuroSportWetten (Rated C-) and SportWetten.de (not rated).

    Max
    Eurobet are also laughable to have such rating. They only allow triples on MANY of their betting objects. That is useless.

    Betfair is top class betting exchange. Betsson is also betting exchange but can't compete with Betfair.

    Eurosportwetten is simply sportingbet who I do not rate either because of poor customer service and a very poor computer system (complaint about it here before). Thanks for your suggestions but I fully know where to bet on different sports and my comment was just that I can't do it at Pinnacle, nothing else.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/15/2005


  30. #30
    pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-18-05
    Posts: 12,264

    still not impressed by these books cutting limits so quickly...players are at risk all of the time, the best books put themselves at risk at times, but know that they will come out ahead in the long run...

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/18/2005


  31. #31
    Witver
    Witver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-28-08
    Posts: 24

    you dont even have to tart winning there to get a limit lost my first bet then lost another then i won a small bet lost another and had a 800$ loss off total and still got a limit GG

  32. #32
    RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-31-06
    Posts: 3,422
    Betpoints: 186

    Ah, the good ol' days...

  33. #33
    SPECULATOR 13
    SPECULATOR 13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-12-07
    Posts: 767
    Betpoints: 12

    WELL FREDDY OLD CHUM,NOW YOU KNOW TO
    STAY WELL THE F*CK AWAY FROM THE U.K./EUROPEAN BOOKS.
    If you look at the top of the website there in the ranking area is everything you need,however if you are not betting 5k+minimum from what the boys have said in the past you will better off to go directly to MATCHBOOK and forget the rest.
    If you really want to use a U.K. books at all cost than please do yourself a favor and go Betfair and/or tradesports(tradesports as liquidity issues sometimes that can drive one nuts but they're solid).(To be accurate these are exchanges & better than books)

    All the u.k. books will f*ck you around after you win a few times with them,if you go to the search engine you will find page after page saying the same thing about these assholes.I do not know why they are not all rank as C(or lower)books by SBR.

  34. #34
    xxxlim
    xxxlim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-17-08
    Posts: 1

    I should have read this before I signed up with them. I joined Bet365 two days ago, and took a $500 bonus, depositing $3334.

    Luckily (and maybe unluckily), I took 2 bets, winning a total of $8666. And I carry on betting on other matches today. Next thing I know was, I received a message from them that I am not a profitable customer, and I can only bet like $10/$20........
    And I and still about $3500 away from getting my money out. For rollover purposes, Baseball Moneyline doesn't count (of which I won $6666 on Pittsburgh today), Soccer Asian Handicap, Goals Total, and lines above -200 don't count.

    I tried asking for a pro-rate of bonus and was refused. What do you guys think I can do or should do now?

  35. #35
    durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-06
    Posts: 13,182

    Quote Originally Posted by SPECULATOR 13 View Post
    WELL FREDDY OLD CHUM,NOW YOU KNOW TO
    STAY WELL THE F*CK AWAY FROM THE U.K./EUROPEAN BOOKS.
    If you look at the top of the website there in the ranking area is everything you need,however if you are not betting 5k+minimum from what the boys have said in the past you will better off to go directly to MATCHBOOK and forget the rest.
    If you really want to use a U.K. books at all cost than please do yourself a favor and go Betfair and/or tradesports(tradesports as liquidity issues sometimes that can drive one nuts but they're solid).(To be accurate these are exchanges & better than books)

    All the u.k. books will f*ck you around after you win a few times with them,if you go to the search engine you will find page after page saying the same thing about these assholes.I do not know why they are not all rank as C(or lower)books by SBR.
    when the original post was made bet365 was a sponsor of the sbrforum

12 Last
Top