View Poll Results: Can the Knicks take down the Heat in the playoffs?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

15 26.79%
  • No.

41 73.21%
    BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Can the Knicks beat the Heat in a 7 game series?? Contenders or Pretenders?

First off, I'm a die-hard Knick fan since I was 5 years old. Mark Jackson and Patrick Ewing were on my television 82 games a year growing up. It's been a terrible struggle since the Ewing era ended. We have waited a long time for some excitement.

Earlier in the year, I told my fellow New Yorkers on f-book that we should aim for 45-47 wins and getting past the first round of the playoffs- a pretty decent and achievable goal. I figured we needed a full year to develop as a unit and see if we could win with this squad. I saw this squad as a potential contender next year possibly, depending how Felton worked with everyone and after we weeded out all the old guys we signed as bench players and replaced them after the season (Wallace,Kidd, Camby, Thomas).

This 12 game winning streak (All without Stoudemire who I hate more than any Knick and I'm not surprised they play twice as good without him around) has gotten lots of birds chirping about how far they can go. Can this team make a run at Miami this year????????

The Knicks have had more injuries than just about any NBA team this year. They have played well adjusting with tons of different lineups and rotations this year. JR Smith has been an absolute beast in making it so easy to mix guys around, as he may have been the best 6th man in a season I have ever witnessed. He's basically the only guy on the team who hasn't missed 15-20 games as well.

The Knicks beat the heat 3 out of 4 regular season. Granted, one game the Heat sat Lebron, Wade, and Chalkmers. But the Knicks also beat them at the garden without Melo. I understand the it's just the regular season but regular season actually means something in a matchup like this because any avid basketball fan knows there's just a certain elevation of hype and anxiousness playing in the best arena ever- Madison Square Garden. Guys always seem to amp up and play harder. The atmosphere just automatically sparks good players to perform to the max. You always get their best efforts. And you can tell when Lebron is in the building how he feels that way as well as any other superstar who comes into town.

Let's face it, the Heat are the best team in the NBA. But if anyone can challenge them, aren't the Knicks the most likely to give them a series??

I don't wanna get too excited at the thought for now, as we are a 2 seed and won't play them until the eastern conference finals. The Knicks have to get there first. The Heat will obviously be there waiting. But I must admit, after watching the Knicks all season, and witnessing this current streak they are on, I am starting to pump my expectations up a little higher for this year and ever MORE for next year.

It's probably a better debate for anyone who isn't a Knicks or Heat fan, but I'm definitely hoping we do work early and get a chance to make some noise against these divas, who basically scammed their way to greatness teaming up, taking pay-cuts, etc, etc.

Let's Go Knicks!!!!!!!!!!!

boombaby1987
    boombaby1987's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

They can't beat the Pacers, so it won't be an issue.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Barring injuries can't see the Knicks beating the Heat. James led heat are similar to Jordan led Bulls. Knicks could not get past Bulls back in the day and see the same result against the Heat.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Felton is old, Kidd is old. Shumpert can play defense on Wade. Who guards lebron?

Lebron owns melo.

Melo can't even get out of first round, he's a cancer.

He's playing lights out right now but still gives 0 effort on defense end, he's a pathetic defender.

Heat in 5
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Delicious

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

might not even get passed boston chicago or atlanta if they play in the first round somehow .. smh chicago owns NY this year

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i said "yes" they can beat the heat

but they won't

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

i like their chances with proven leaders/champions (Kidd, Chandler) on the helm. NY might have a chance beating Miami. But they should get out of the 2nd round first.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Think they could. Thing I like the most is that they barely turn the ball over which will force Miami to play in the half court.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Felton is old, Kidd is old. Shumpert can play defense on Wade. Who guards lebron?

Lebron owns melo.

He's playing lights out right now but still gives 0 effort on defense end, he's a pathetic defender.

Heat in 5
    Felton is old? I don't even think he's 30 yet brah? Could be wrong though.
    This is the first year in Carmelo's life he's actual even tried to play defense. Definitely not a good defender, but vastly improved this year compared to his past. Woodson got him to buy-in with that. I would like to See Melo get his rebounds up 1 or 2 more per game though.
    Kidd doesn't really play much. And Chalmers isn't much of a PG either. They definitely are a wash at that spot if not small advantage to the Knicks. I'd definitely take Felton over Chalmers anyday.
    Shumpert has been terrible since coming back, I'm waiting on his old LOCK-DOWN defense like he showed last year. He was one of my fav Knicks last year, but a disappointment since his return this year. He needs to wake the fk up when playoffs come. We are gonna need him for Wade to have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Think they could. Thing I like the most is that they barely turn the ball over which will force Miami to play in the half court.
    I was going to add this as well, excellent point.

g_sept1
    g_sept1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Heat in 6 games. If it goes to 7 games its because the refs had cash on the Knicks in game 6.

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Nobody can beAt te Heat in a 7 game series. The second LeBron signed that dotted line they became unbeatable as far as a series goes. But good luck w/ that you loser ass Knicks fans. Probably can't even beat Indy, Atlanta or Boston.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post

Lebron owns melo.

Heat in 5
    Melo almost led the Nuggets past Stern and the Lakers a handful of years back. He was playing out of his mind in that series, if I recall correctly. I was still in college, so I probably watched every game drunk.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

I guess some of you forgot how great Melo/JR/Kmart played in Denver, they were solid!! Only problem was they had to play the Lakers but they were close to winning only to lose games by single digits/foul at the end fts. Melo scores at will not even Lebron can lock him down, which is saying ALOT. But I doubt they can do it. If they couldn't beat the Lakers a few years ago doubt they will beat this Heat team.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Not sure if the Knicks would be in the East finals. lakerboy says the Bulls will win the East this year and he is always right on target.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

They would have to win early in series cuz they aren't winning game 7 in Miami

BennyBigNuts

Guys, try reading all of the post before you go off hammering.
    I am aware, as stated, the Knicks can lose in ANY round. They shouldn't lose to Boston or ATL, but can definitely lose to Chicago, a team that owned us all year without Rose.
    If it's ok to talk about on ESPN for hours at a time, we can surely chat about a hypothetical on here as well.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Won't happen....don't let the regular season fool you. Miami are a whole different animal in the playoffs and Knicks simply can't beat them in a series.

I bet there are Pacer fans right now also that are so hopeful that if they face Miami, their team could beat them because they won the regular season series

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

knick fan here had season tickets this year. the knicks can compete with miami but they cant beat them. they are going to have a hard time getting past boston imo.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

In my 72 years of watching basketball i have never seen a better all around team than this knicks team

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    knick fan here had season tickets this year. the knicks can compete with miami but they cant beat them. they are going to have a hard time getting past boston imo.

They will slap Boston that era is over. No Rondo, no chance.

Sport_Fish

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    In my 72 years of watching basketball i have never seen a better all around team than this knicks team

This is team is shit...they're a 1st-2nd round playoff team, nothing special, plenty of those in the league have come and gone. Wont make any finals, let alone win rings.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Greatest team of all time

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Greatest team of all time

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

I am a Miami fan, but I have to come across on this issue...they are beatable...but it is a toss up as to whether the pacers, bulls or knicks can really get it done...When Pacers do what they are capable of doing..they can win...same with this Knicks team...if they can play 7 games and shoot like that..knicks beat miami but will they? People should be wise enough to realize by now that in order to beat Miami u have to hit them in the mouth like Bulls did...will they ? Can't believe I am saying this but the round to the final is just as difficult in the east this year as it is in the West...if not more so...

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

Knicks are peaking way too early - cannot keep up this pace. Heat fine-tuning for the playoffs. When the series happens in mid-late May Miami wins in 5-6 games.

Sport_Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    I am a Miami fan, but I have to come across on this issue...they are beatable...but it is a toss up as to whether the pacers, bulls or knicks can really get it done...When Pacers do what they are capable of doing..they can win...same with this Knicks team...if they can play 7 games and shoot like that..knicks beat miami but will they? People should be wise enough to realize by now that in order to beat Miami u have to hit them in the mouth like Bulls did...will they ? Can't believe I am saying this but the round to the final is just as difficult in the east this year as it is in the West...if not more so...
    so u think Miami has a 50% chance against those teams ??

East is just as difficult as West? haha give me a break. First off, any of the top 5 West teams would eat up any of the East playoff teams (less Miami). And West is way more difficult. Whoever makes it out of East (obv Miami), will gave to go through teams like Bucks/Nets/Pacers/Knicks. And look at who the Western teams have to go through - MUCH MUCH harder path in that conference because they have like 4 legit contenders for the conference where East has only 1.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    They will slap Boston that era is over. No Rondo, no chance.
    i would have to disagree. pierce scares me he has proven he can get it done end of game where melo hasnt on the big stage. terry neutralizes jr imo. and garnett is a better offensive player than tyson. they can give the knicks a run for it

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    so u think Miami has a 50% chance against those teams ??

East is just as difficult as West? haha give me a break. First off, any of the top 5 West teams would eat up any of the East playoff teams (less Miami). And West is way more difficult. Whoever makes it out of East (obv Miami), will gave to go through teams like Bucks/Nets/Pacers/Knicks. And look at who the Western teams have to go through - MUCH MUCH harder path in that conference because they have like 4 legit contenders for the conference where East has only 1.
    how can you make that statement? the knicks have a +500 record against the west playoff teams

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

The only way Knicks when series is if Chandler dominates inside.

BennyBigNuts

i would have to disagree. pierce scares me he has proven he can get it done end of game where melo hasnt on the big stage. terry neutralizes jr imo. and garnett is a better offensive player than tyson. they can give the knicks a run for it
    They slap Boston in a series, trust me. The Celtics are garbage. Only thing I'd be confident about as far as matchups in the playoffs.

how can you make that statement? the knicks have a +500 record against the west playoff teams
    Don't listen to this sportfk guy, he sounds like a tool just from reading 2 posts. The top 4 teams in the East are just as good as the top 4 in the West. Actually, the East may have passed them this week, with Denver losing Gallinari for the year and no longer being a threat.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heat over Knicks in a series.

Lebron does not let it happen

too many weapons...;.../.'..*

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    Heat over Knicks in a series.

Lebron does not let it happen

too many weapons...;.../.'..*
    Ratshit..........since you're on record stating that your TWO FAVORITE TEAMS ARE THE HEAT AND THE THUNDER (yup...one of those types of fans ).............who will you root for if they meet in the finals?

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Ratshit..........since you're on record stating that your TWO FAVORITE TEAMS ARE THE HEAT AND THE THUNDER (yup...one of those types of fans ).............who will you root for if they meet in the finals?

ROFL
    That sir, is what they like to say on SBR,

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

The Heat easily win 4-0 or 4-1. Miami's defense is much too good for an offense like the Knicks. LBJ contains Melo and Battier D's up on Smith The Knicks wouldn't even be competitive in a 7 game series with MIA.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

benny you going to any playoff games?

12 Last