Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Red Sox should beat up the Yanks & I like the under 49 in the CFL game.
    I always get suspicios when the books set a sub-50 total in a CFL game no matter whose playing.

OldSchoolPro
    OldSchoolPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 390

Caught a nice price yesterday with KC, + 160-something (+170 if you bet into the wide line, which was 8x / 2).

Put those simoleans back in today on Oakland (-124) and half as much on the Cubs (in Colorado, + 138)

If you're a degennie and you know it, clap your hands.

- OSP

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Sounds good. Count me in.
    Where do I send my CC information?

l3randonf
    l3randonf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

OldSchoolPro

I love this photo, let's have a caption contest or similar. This picture makes me laugh every time I see it, seriously.

Should have a pick or two before the week's out. Don't despair!

I'm running hot on MLB here (if not in real life), up over 20% on handle now after about ten selections.

- OSP

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

White sox +104

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Dodgers +1.5 -200

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Is D2D posting again?

What goes on in this thread?

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24834

Quote Originally Posted by l3randonf View Post

He man! That's my house! The one just past the vacant lot. Why you taking a picture of my house? Oh, wait. I get it. Its not a picture of my house its a picture of the small tree in the foreground. I get it now. My bad.

Nicksweger42
    Nicksweger42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1653

Am I the only one that thinks OSP is D2D's alter-ego? Joined 2 weeks after this thread started. D2D always had high praise of OSP and his tacky stories. Also seem to leave their signature after a post in 3 letter abbreviations. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Keep your day job.
    You're no

Nicksweger42
    Nicksweger42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1653

Lol.. I plan on it.. but u don't see any similarities?

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Don't think so.

OSP just some weirdo with far too much time on his hands.

I suppose the wack jobs are what makes SBR funny from time to time though.

OldSchoolPro

D2D, OSP, Never Seen Together

I am an extreme expert in conspiracy theory.

Your theory has some validity, in that it's true that D2D and I both sign with three letters.

Your theory is wrong, in that I think it was closer to six or ten weeks after D2D started posting that I first posted.

After that, I barely posted over the next month or two.

Your theory is idiotic, in that my high praise for D2D was limited to his amazing, documented record as a handicapper: (54-55% winners over more than 1,000 plays, if I recall correct).

His tacky stories did not get much praise from me, stories of his sales trips to Western Canada and visits to the hockey game with his father. They did speak to his basic Great Plain humanity.

Overall, I was quite insulting towards D2D (or at least I will be now, I warned that I would be if he stayed away long).

D2D is obviously a weak-willed pussy who had to disappear without even the good manners of a "fare-thee-well, degennies" after a couple of baseball bad beats.

Anyone who bets baseball suffers bad beats.

Of course D2D lost his girlfriend, he loved his reflection (NPD disorder, may I define that for you?) more than he liked her.

Of course D2D flamed out and disappeared, he has self-esteem issues: His self-worth was linked to his being a good handicapper. When he had a few bad days as a handicapper, his self-esteem went into the toilet and he had to disappear.

Or maybe the old girlfriend, or a new one, made his abandoning the thread a condition of their reconciliation.

Cliff Notes: I am a hundred times funnier than D2D (see my early post about readers thinking for themselves, one of the best things I've ever written, I'll look up the date/number for you if you're interested).

D2D is a pussy, what he did is like jumping out of a restaurant to beat the check.

D2D is a pussy, he wanted all of us to think he was such a genius, and he had the gall to post that he didn't want us picking and choosing among his recommended bets. What a douche!

D2D was a truly great handicapper, who else have you ever met that ran 55% over 1000 plays?

I am running close to 65% on my posted plays here, but that's a much smaller sample, around 10 plays.

Bottom Line: D2D is a weak-kneed douche, but a great handicapper (with no spine, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and poor self-esteem). OSP (me) is a veteran professional gambler, who has supported himself without a day job since my elementary school years during the Ford administration.

Happy to clear up any other questions, meet in person, or discuss other conspiracy theories here. RFK scorch wound, Mark David Chapman programmed, crash of TWA Flight 800, 911 inside job.

As for me being D2D, go back to the drawing board. He's a Canadian pussy, I'm a New York stud.

Glad I was able to clear that up for you.

Btw, I should have a couple baseball games for Sunday, I'll post 'em here.

Peace out, and thanks for sharing.

- OSP
    Last edited by OldSchoolPro; 07-26-13 at 03:30 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dollars2Donuts

OldSchoolPro

By the way, Gee: If you're normal, I'm proud to be a weirdo.

By me, you're a much bigger douche than D2D (who at least has some redeeming characteristics).

IMHO

OldSchoolPro

This Just In

This just in:

Mets won 11-0 this afternoon, they've been on a mini-tear since the All Star Break.

Extra unlikely they win tonight, second game of their double - header with the Nats in DC.

Washington Nationals + 120 1 unit

Mets are sending their young phenom, Matt Harvey, but even he won't be able to win after the shellacking the Nats got from the Metropolitans this afternoon.

Trollers welcome, this was just an impulse post.

- OSP

PS: Did you ever notice how when somebody posts, "No way these teams are gonna score less than a million runs tonight, Over all the way," it usually ends up a low-scoring game and falls Under? I've noticed that.

OldSchoolPro

This Just In II

This Just In II:

Matt Harvey pitches a gem, Mets still lose.

2-1 Nationals.

Almost too easy, that one.

- OSP

PS: Tanko, I love that caption for the photo, it cracks me up, you're the early leader in the contest.

OldSchoolPro

Saturday Side: Nats - 142

Nats, - 142

This ump (initials LB) is the biggest homer in the majors, by several orders of magnitude.

Besides, it's textbook Mets behavior for them to go on a losing streak after an 11-0 win.

Points Awarded:

BIoodhound gave OldSchoolPro 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

I disappear for a couple of months, and I come back to this clusterf**k? Thoroughly confused.

OldSchoolPro

Thanks, Bloodhound! My first two points.

Mets did dump another game today, so the winning streak continues.

Sunday's play: Oakland A's (I'll check and post the price later) - A's are monster value the last game of every series they play. Moneyball, me thinks.

Spargament: That's just the way the world works, Spargy. You take your hand off the tiller for one g-damn minute, everything goes to shit.

Glad you're back and the world can put itself back in order now.

Mad props for your run in the NBA play-offs!

- OSP
    Points Awarded:

BIoodhound gave OldSchoolPro 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

OSP, keep the baseball plays comin' bro.

OldSchoolPro

Well, only since you asked.

I'm away from home today, in downtown Atlanta for a card tournament. Happy to meet any locals.

Really gotta reply, I love Rocky (J) Squirrel!

Been on a mad rush with the baseball winners here, wasn't going to post, but I see your request, so:

I'm on Oakland and Baltimore today. Baltimore's some kind of insane favorite (270?), I laid 1 1/2 runs and 45 cents instead of the old straight-up. Baltimore you only got about seven minutes, but you didn't want to lay that kind of number anyway.

Oakland's a big favorite too (around 50 cents), but this is the strong situation for them.

Thanks again for asking.

Looks like my aggro-asinine comments chased the trolls.

Weirdos of the world unite!

Funny true story: I had a break an hour ago, went for a walk in downtown Atlanta, stopped in at the Army surplus store.

Grizzled vet behind the counter says to me, "Everything the kooks were saying a few years ago turned out to be right...."

Thought for the day: Only the paranoid survive.

I love Bullwinkle, mon!

- OSP

Crystos
    Crystos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 740

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolPro View Post
    "Everything the kooks were saying a few years ago turned out to be right...."

Thought for the day: Only the paranoid survive.

On another note, I really wish you would start your own thread. I feel like you do D2D a disservice by posting here and you have gone from telling stories to posting your picks which is really not cool bro...just sayin

OldSchoolPro

Who Died and Left You in Charge?

Who Died and Left You in Charge?

I have no interest in starting my own thread.

I admire D2D very much.

By posting my plays (which I do rarely, or when the thread has no activity for days in a row, or by request, or when I'm running hot, or when I use something I learned from D2D) I am doing more to keep D2D's thread alive than you, with your supercilious Hall Monitor suggestions.

Obviously, this thread no longer belongs to D2D.

Think of it this way: If you leave your bike unlocked in front of your house for five minutes and someone steals it, they're an asshole.

If you leave your bike horizontal and unlocked on your front lawn for three months, and you're pissed when somebody takes it, then you're the asshole.

D2D abandoned this thread months ago.

Just sayin'

- OSP

Crystos

I have no interest in starting my own thread.

- OSP
    Ummmm okay

Obviously, this thread no longer belongs to D2D.

- OSP

Think of it this way: If you leave your bike unlocked in front of your house for five minutes and someone steals it, they're an asshole.

If you leave your bike horizontal and unlocked on your front lawn for three months, and you're pissed when somebody takes it, then you're the asshole.

- OSP
    No, you are still the asshole and I would still fukk you up

Just Sayin

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

You all must have been really impacted by D2D's incredible record. Let the guy, breathe, jesus.

Crystos

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    Let the guy, breathe, jesus.
    Exactly what I am sayin cuz people were lettin this dude run off with D2D's thread.

I don't post here...I posted once or twice when D2D was alive. Now, I'm just speakin the truth

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO

No one should have a problem with OSP or Crystos or anyone else posting on D2Ds thread. I don't think the definition of a forum has changed yet... "A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged...".

Seems like people are exchanging views readily.

It is interesting to see your responses. Besides it passes the time while D2D takes a break. Look forward to his return. No, I do not worship the guy, but I like to see his selections and reasons for his choices.

Peace.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

I think OSP is over-reaching now!
    It's like cutting off your leg cause you can't get the knot out of your shoe.
    Either way, we don't know if OPS is D2D's ghost or if it was always OSP from the beginning.
    Either way

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

if you love something let it go. if it comes back good. if not it blew its bankroll and luck.

OldSchoolPro

D2D used to sometimes post rationale for plays.

He seemed to combine an enthusiasm for categories (Team X 7-2 ATS at home on 2 days rest) with feel ("I don't like the way this team is playing lately".)

I am more of a category guy, I don't trust my own feel, which isn't that good anyway partly because I don't follow sports all that close.

That in mind, I checked out this hypothesis over a one or two year sample:

Always play Oakland in the last game of any series.

The rationale runs: Oakland takes so many more pitches, and fouls off so many more pitches, and works so many more walks, compared with other teams, that as a result, by the end of a series the other team's bullpen is ferklempt.

If I were more diligent, I would check to see to what extent Oakland had reached the other team's bullpen over the previous 1-2 games.

Since I'm not that diligent, I just play Oakland the last game of every series. The system was pretty successful against data for the 2012 season and maybe 2011 too, I didn't look back further than that.

One play today: Oakland A's, plus a few cents

Mahalo

- OSP

Last edited by OldSchoolPro; 08-11-13 at 11:57 AM.

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO

Nice hit OSP.

OldSchoolPro

Tanks, Tanko!

Okay if I call you Daffy?

Loss in the game went to a post-journeyman pitcher for the Blue Jays, a 42 year old reliever who has pitched a grand total of 38 innings so far this year and found himself swatted around for three runs on 24 pitches in the sixth or seventh today.

I leave it to the reader to speculate on why Toronto was using him at all in this game.

Dat's all, folks!

- OSP

whtsox13
    Update your status
    whtsox13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

If I were more diligent, I would check to see to what extent Oakland had reached the other team's bullpen over the previous 1-2 games.
    Toronto was at 13 2/3 relief innings pitched over the last three games before today, that info available on this site. Nice choice on the A's.

alpinepetey
    alpinepetey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Oakland in the last game of the series vs Toronto FTW!!

First ... 106107108109110 Last