Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Down year for the Big East...

3/8 & 2/4...

Are we really gonna play cuse again!!!

how often has 2 teams from same conference played for the ship?

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

I hope it happens

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

In 85 in was St John's, GTown, and Nova. All the conferences have a chance to do this based on seeding rules. If Marquette is in another bracket probaly would be three of four in the final four this year.

Wilfred

Marquette got lucky to get were they were. They wouldn't be in the final 4.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Marquette got lucky to get were they were. They wouldn't be in the final 4.
    They won three games and played a conference member in the elite 8, probably would have beaten Wich state/OSU, or Mich/Florida today.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think CBS would probably love Michigan-Louisville more or anyone other than Syracuse and someone. Love the Orange, but they are not aesthetically pleasing - probably one of the ugliest Final Four teams in quite a while. There's been teams that play lock down defense that at least still have a passable offense. Syracuse's offense still looks just out of wack most of the time to me. Of course, that's kind of the Jim Boheim way. They've got good skill players, he just does not craft the offense to suit any style in particular. For me a Louisville-Syracuse rematch would reak of the UConn-Butler final a few years ago. Get ready for some ugly shit.

Personally don't see 'Cuse getting past Michigan. Full week of prep. Beilein has seen the 2-3 plenty and unlike most of the teams the Orange have played, the Wolverines have the shooters and now apparently an inside game too.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

off the top kansas/oklahoma and nova/gtown

both HUGE upsets

doesnt bode well for the ville

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square
    Cuse4tw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I think CBS would probably love Michigan-Louisville more or anyone other than Syracuse and someone. Love the Orange, but they are not aesthetically pleasing - probably one of the ugliest Final Four teams in quite a while. There's been teams that play lock down defense that at least still have a passable offense. Syracuse's offense still looks just out of wack most of the time to me. Of course, that's kind of the Jim Boheim way. They've got good skill players, he just does not craft the offense to suit any style in particular. For me a Louisville-Syracuse rematch would reak of the UConn-Butler final a few years ago. Get ready for some ugly shit.

Personally don't see 'Cuse getting past Michigan. Full week of prep. Beilein has seen the 2-3 plenty and unlike most of the teams the Orange have played, the Wolverines have the shooters and now apparently an inside game too.

man your like a fukking vacuum always sucking the fun out of cuse hoops....enjoy the ride. this team was written off to be a bunch of scrubs...people on this board all said "Jim cant coach in the tourney" "theyll be out rd 1 or 2"

and u know what....FUKK EM....FINAL 4...im just enjoying the god damn ride right now and u should to as a "cuse fan"

sidenote: u an alum or just from area?

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square

also i may be wrong but i believe Jimmy B is 7-0 or something like that vs Beilein.....different teams obviously but still not too shabby a record

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I had cuse, I knew they would be the forgotten team...

fukkin 4th time we will play this year, Louisville -7??

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    I had cuse, I knew they would be the forgotten team...

fukkin 4th time we will play this year, Louisville -7??

i have to say LKid if both teams advance......it would be poetic justice for cuse to win it all.

regardless of the upcoming games...Im so proud of what this team has done when everyone counted em out

Wilfred

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    They won three games and played a conference member in the elite 8, probably would have beaten Wich state/OSU, or Mich/Florida today.
    They didnt even control their own destiny in 2 of the games. If Davidson throws a non horrendous pass the clock runs out. Andrew Smith makes the 3 it's over. Marquette was decent but I doubt they make a run in the other regions.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Round 4 coming up man. It shouldn't be any other way, the two best defensive teams in the nation.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Florida had won today before tip off, too...

shooterman
    shooterman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18498

Being the total degen that I am, it will be tempting to take Syracuse plus the points and play it against my Louisville at 8 to 1 to win it all. Walk away with a nice little hedge/middle.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Marquette should have lost first game to Davidson

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2486

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Marquette should have lost first game to Davidson
    If And's, If's and But's were candy and nuts, It would be Christmas everyday!.......that is why this beloved "hobby" of ours is called gambling!...

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

In advance, I apologize to all those people that are not in love with big east basketball, because the championship game will be a rematch of Louisville Cuse and it will be an ugly big east slug fest. To all those Cuse fans and haters who like to say that cuse has no offense, you really don't watch Cuse games. The Cuse offense isn't great against BIG EAST opponents but the Big East is a slug it out conference with intense defense and no team has a great offense in that conference. Their offense is plenty good and exciting to watch when they are playing non-big east schools. P.S. Cuse Louisville should be the ACC championship game pretty soon as well.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2486

I'm probably the biggest BE fan on this board, bar none...I've made no bones about it ever since I joined this forum years ago!...It was funny how all the BE haters came out in full force on the CBS, ESPN, etc. message boards and talked about how overrated the conference was because three of our teams lost in the first round!.....Pitt losing to Wichita St doesn't look so bad now, does it?...but yet the top teams in our conference steamrolled the competition and now with 2 teams in the final four and hopefully an all BE matchup for the National Championship!..another little footnote, only conference to send at least one team to the Elite 8 the last 12 years!...and that ladies and gentlemen, is why the BE sends anywhere from 8 - 11 teams in the dance....Now that this is the final year of the BE in all sports, I want to congratulate the conference on 35+ years of excellence and basketball dominance second to none!...ACC being in 2nd place...Speaking of which, when Syracuse, Pitt, and Louisville join the ACC, the ACC will basically be the old BE!.......BTW, which is the only conference in division I-A football to have a winning record against the almighty SEC in head to head matchups since the BCS era?!..yep!..that's right...The Big East!...Something like 23 -17........I was happy to see the BE go down fighting in all sports and hold their own against the other BCS conferences while being on life support and nearly extinct...and no, I don't count the C-USA schools joining next year or the Catholic 7 with Butler, Creighton, etc!...After this NCAA tournament is over, the BE, as we love and know it, will officially be no more...I will sorely miss the rivlaries...penetrate the money grubbing NCAA, AD's, commissioners, etc. that have ruined college sports in the name of the almighty dollar!...
    Last edited by Da Manster!; 04-01-13 at 11:37 AM.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Round 4 coming up man. It shouldn't be any other way, the two best defensive teams in the nation.
    if by two best you mean louisville as the best and some other team theyre much better than, then youre spot on

isotopes

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    if by two best you mean louisville as the best and some other team theyre much better than, then youre spot on
    He was talking about the defense and to say that Syracuse doesn't have one of the best defenses in the nation is just stupid. The fact that you put a guy laughing next to that means you have no clue what your talking about. Louisville is a great team this year, they are tough on D and have some good offense, I favored them to win the tourney before it started and I still think they have the best shot of winning. But to say that they are so much better at defense than Cuse or so much better than Michigan that you laugh, well that is just dumb.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by isotopes View Post
    He was talking about the defense and to say that Syracuse doesn't have one of the best defenses in the nation is just stupid. The fact that you put a guy laughing next to that means you have no clue what your talking about. Louisville is a great team this year, they are tough on D and have some good offense, I favored them to win the tourney before it started and I still think they have the best shot of winning. But to say that they are so much better at defense than Cuse or so much better than Michigan that you laugh, well that is just dumb.
    relax fukface i wasnt addressing you

you must be fun at parties

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Line moved from PK to Michigan -2.5 awfully quickly...

isotopes

relax fukface i wasnt addressing you

you must be fun at parties
    Wow, anger issues in a public forum. What a douche.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

It was a down year for the big east. No question about it. Syracuse was AWFUL all year long. Marquette couldn't score either. Pitt had a down year, Villanova had a down year, Georgetown was extremely up and down, especially the first half of the season.

Louisville is the only legit team.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

8-8 ats

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    It was a down year for the big east. No question about it. Syracuse was AWFUL all year long. Marquette couldn't score either. Pitt had a down year, Villanova had a down year, Georgetown was extremely up and down, especially the first half of the season.

Louisville is the only legit team.
    Syracuse wasn't awful all year long. They were bad in February.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by isotopes View Post
    Wow, anger issues in a public forum. What a douche.
    anger? because i called you fukface?

pussy much?

Cuse0323

Much better indeed, Syracuse already beat them on their home court and had them down double digits in the BE tourney before collapsing when James went out with foul trouble. Spot on, spot on.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Much better indeed, Syracuse already beat them on their home court and had them down double digits in the BE tourney before collapsing when James went out with foul trouble. Spot on, spot on.
    cuser how do we feel about cuser +480 to win it

a little going away present for ya?

Cuse0323

cuser how do we feel about cuser +480 to win it

a little going away present for ya?
    I would have a smile on my face the entire time I was violated in the clink. I think it's a toss up if we get past Michigan and play the Ville. If they turn us over, they win and if we handle the pressure, we win.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

I would have a smile on my face the entire time I was violated in the clink. I think it's a toss up if we get past Michigan and play the Ville. If they turn us over, they win and if we handle the pressure, we win.
    i like cuser on saturday....just have a hard time thinking theyll beat ville...especially since theyre all but a lock to get past wichita

theyll neutralize burke and unless hardaway magically gets out of his funk and plays great they shouldnt have a problem...stauskas aint getting 20 in a half vs the cuser

MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Finals will be Michigan vs Louisville

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

It was a down year for the big east compared to previous years. L-ville the Big East was not the best conference for the first time in ages. They've come through in this tourney and I think we're looking at a big east title game but overall the conference was not as strong as we're used to.

isotopes

anger? because i called you fukface?

pussy much?
    Hahaha, Cool Story Bro

12 Last