Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

I really see Lasalle as a VERY live dog. I've watched every Lasalle game in the tourney and they are pretty damn good.

Plus +167 looks solid

Parlay with Ncaa Miami ML for +280 may be my move tomorrow

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Yes, I think LaSalle can and WILL win.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

They sure could, but I'd go with Wichita State here. I really like both these teams - I had them both winning 1st round and have bet both teams a dozen times in the regular season.

With that being said, here's my take:
    La Salle runs a 4 gaurd set basically. They consistently get out rebounded. They struggle against teams with defense (Butler, Temple, Saint Louis...) They also have 4 shooters and rely heavily on 3pt shots. BUT, they have gone ICE COLD in games before - for instance an 8 minute scoring drought against Temple. Temple plays D and has Bigs...

Wichita state plays D and has Bigs. They're 3 shooting seems to be really heating up lately as well. Carl Hall and Cleanthony Early are the leading scorers and are true Forwards, and will have several inches and 20-30 pounds advantage over the Explorer players guarding them. Wichita State is also very deep, while La Salle relies on 6 or 7 guys, tops. This late in March, depth, and size, should help.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    They sure could, but I'd go with Wichita State here. I really like both these teams - I had them both winning 1st round and have bet both teams a dozen times in the regular season.

With that being said, here's my take:
    La Salle runs a 4 gaurd set basically. They consistently get out rebounded. They struggle against teams with defense (Butler, Temple, Saint Louis...) They also have 4 shooters and rely heavily on 3pt shots. BUT, they have gone ICE COLD in games before - for instance an 8 minute scoring drought against Temple. Temple plays D and has Bigs...

Wichita state plays D and has Bigs. They're 3 shooting seems to be really heating up lately as well. Carl Hall and Cleanthony Early are the leading scorers and are true Forwards, and will have several inches and 20-30 pounds advantage over the Explorer players guarding them. Wichita State is also very deep, while La Salle relies on 6 or 7 guys, tops. This late in March, depth, and size, should help.
    Disagree with almost everything you said. First off LaSalle didn't struggle Vs Temple or Butler. They Beat butler once, played them close in the A10 Tourney while missing shots that they usually make, and they had a great shot at Temple, with that also being on the road. Saint Louis was tough but that was on the road, but they also beat the Havoc and VCU in Richmond.

Wichita shot the 3 great Vs Butler but I would hardly say that they are heating up after watching the pitiful 3 point shooting Vs Pitt.

Hall is really the only threat Vs LaSalle inside, but LaSalle has great Defense and is probably the quickest team Wichita will have seen all year.

Wichita plays 8 guys regularly to La Salles 7. That won't be the decider. If there is that much of foul trouble, the game would have already been decided.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

No no no. Sorry.

La Salle plays "great" defense ?!?! No they don't and they get outrebounded in almost all games.
    Wichita state plays more than 8 players almost every game. They get points from more players.
    Comparing La Salle win over VCU is like saying Michigan beat VCU so they will beat Kansas. Don't even try that - VCU plays a style completely different than Wichita State or KU.

I'm not saying The Explorers can't win this game, but I will say that if they don't make at least 10 3-pointers there is no chance they win. Wichita state might double la salles rebounds.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

They could but I will lay points and take the better team in Wichita.

qb1789
    qb1789's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

Dont know why anyone would bet this game. Both teams are on a roll who knows who will cool off after the layoff. Much better value out there (MU/MSU/IU/OSU)

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Maybe.

312's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

If Wichita state makes LaSalle play a half court game, this will be the end of LaSalles run... Tyrone Garland success this game will be based on Wichita State turnovers which will allow them to run the break, I dont see a greg marshall coached team turning the ball over to a bunch of mid major guards.

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

after watching the wich/zaga game, i thought wich not that good with the rebounding that day even though they won, so on that note if i bet the game i'm on Lasalle. And i probably jinxed myself with this post.

312's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

LaSalle is a horrible rebounding team I think they finshed around 200 in the nation in rebounding.. and Finshed 285 in turnovers

Wichita State is real capable of turning the ball over, but are a great rebounding team..

If Wichita State protects the ball they win... if they turn the ball over it will play into LaSalle running down their throat.. which would obviously play into LaSalles game plan.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Of course they can.....I like Wichita State to win but no doubt LaSalle is a live dog.....Go for it brotha

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

None of the favorites on Thursday are sure things, but I think if I'd throw a ML dog into the mix tomorrow - I'd go Marquette.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

I'm leaning 2 small ML parlay Miami and Lasalle and another small parlay Miami and Syracuse. Maybe throw Ohio st in em too

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am leaning fading the hell out of FGCU ATS against Florida. They are overrun with media and fanfare. Coach himself admitted to only getting about 4 hrs of sleep in 72 hrs, due to media obligations and fandome.

It's going to be a business trip.

I would say the same could be true of LaSalle, except for the fact that they're also playing a publicly unheralded mid-major in WSU.

That's the mental side anyway. Or at least, IMO.

As far as the game, I truly have no idea what to make of LaSalle right now. Have to get a bit closer to game time.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Quote Originally Posted by Iwinyourmoney View Post
    I really see Lasalle as a VERY live dog. I've watched every Lasalle game in the tourney and they are pretty damn good.

Plus +167 looks solid

Parlay with Ncaa Miami ML for +280 may be my move tomorrow
    miami is -230ish tomorrow. idk where u came up with that +280 number

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

Wichita state is going to the final four!

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

A 100 dollar parlay on all 4 dogs tomorrow to win straight up pays out about 6 g's

Might throw a 20 spot on it for fun

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    miami is -230ish tomorrow. idk where u came up with that +280 number
    parlay of miami and lasalle moneylines pays about +270/+280.

qb1789
    qb1789's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    None of the favorites on Thursday are sure things, but I think if I'd throw a ML dog into the mix tomorrow - I'd go Marquette.
    Sharp Man.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I think Wichita State is one of the better plays over the next two nights.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    parlay of miami and lasalle moneylines pays about +270/+280.
    oh i seeeeeeee

iwin good luck

wilson34
    wilson34's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Galloway is shooting lights out like he has been it is a real possibility. I would stay away from Miami though after watching them against Illinois, they just didn't seem that into the game. Marquette seems like they're destined to keep moving on after those two magical finishes. Too much momentum going for Marquette. Take the points.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

I just cant see my Canes losing...Reggie Johnson not being there is pretty big tho

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Whichita state is damn good and I have them going on to the next round and losing to OhSt.

but look at LASalles reg season schedule and the teams they beat. They're very much a live dog. I'm sitting it out and just gonna pull for WS for my bracket.

I also like MichSt as of now.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    I just cant see my Canes losing...Reggie Johnson not being there is pretty big tho
    Not big at all.. Haha did you see him against illinois? Dude couldn't move.

RPK2004
    RPK2004's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Not sure where all this Shocker love is coming from...Wichita is a very good team, but if you take a quick comparison of both team's seasons, Lasalle is a battle tested team from a tough A 10 playing a wich st team from a down MVC this year. State is in the fav role in the sweet 16,although both teams are in fairly uncharted territory, I can't justify why they're laying this many here in a game I can see decided in the last seconds. I think Lasalle knocks out another Kansas tournament team, but I'm grabbing the points.

TheSituation87
    TheSituation87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

WSU is going to win this game by at least 8pts. They are simply going to be to much for La Salle. WSU has a huge size advantage and will be killing La Salle on the boards. Orukpe and Hall are going to have a field day down in the post and will wreak havoc on La Salle causing them to get in foulf trouble. La Salle will be thin playing 7 deep, WSU has 9 deep. Armstead and Williams will be driving to the basket at will. WSU will have the pleasure of being able to dish it in the post or kick it back out if Hall is double teamed. Ron Baker, Early, Wiggins are deadly from the three as everybody witnessed. Smart money is WSU SU
    Points Awarded:

DOM_Toretto gave TheSituation87 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really like WSU but don't feel comfortable laying 4 points. Will probably just hope to catch a better line live. Think them knocking off Zaga inflated this line a little bit

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post

Marq could certainly win but Zona is the best live dog. They're going to win

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by qb1789 View Post
    Dont know why anyone would bet this game. Both teams are on a roll who knows who will cool off after the layoff. Much better value out there (MU/MSU/IU/OSU)
    May I ask why you're so high on Marquette?

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

I wouldn't be high on Marquette at all. They have barely squeezed by this far and now they're runnin into a red hot Miami squad - oh and I wouldn't suggest betting against coach laranaga in the Verizon center..

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

rebounding is a huge factor in these college games, la salle is clearly outmatched there. if they dont have a high field goal percentage they will lose. believe it or not i have wichita state beating ohio state and advancing to the final four. beating ohio state is a long shot i know but they will take care of la salle. better defense and better rebounding is more important then higher field goal percentage and three point shooting.
    Points Awarded:

Brock Landers gave Wulfman14 48 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90288

IWIN buddy,

Don't bet this La Salle here. You are solid in most your plays and since you asked rather than gave the play you know the answer and are just looking for a dog play. I understand just not here bud.

Best wishes and hope to hook up again soon!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by TheSituation87 View Post
    WSU is going to win this game by at least 8pts. They are simply going to be to much for La Salle. WSU has a huge size advantage and will be killing La Salle on the boards. Orukpe and Hall are going to have a field day down in the post and will wreak havoc on La Salle causing them to get in foulf trouble. La Salle will be thin playing 7 deep, WSU has 9 deep. Armstead and Williams will be driving to the basket at will. WSU will have the pleasure of being able to dish it in the post or kick it back out if Hall is double teamed. Ron Baker, Early, Wiggins are deadly from the three as everybody witnessed. Smart money is WSU SU
    Posts like this crack me up. Wst. is gonna win by 8? How do you figure? Did you advanced model spit out this number for you or is it just your "gut feeling"? Don't answer, it's rhetorical.

How much did you have FGCU winning by? Lasalle? Oregon? etc, etc, etc

Look, reality is you have no clue whats going to happen. You're chucking darts here and trying to sound smart. You think Wstate is gonna win, great. Leave it at that. But don't act like you have even the first clue how to handicap and come up with your own line or even know where the smart money is. Truth is smart money is on both sides and ML's. Some will win, some will lose.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: tatddy

12 Last