Betpoints: -23

duke -1 or ML or whatever!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    i hate jim boeheim
    Biggest scumbag in college basketball. Biggest fraud, too. Would love to see where he'd be without his Michigan "connections." At some point, the shit will hit the fan and this program will face the NCAA music.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    LaSalle a dog again... when will people learn.

Going to hit that hard...

I had them getting to the elite 8 from the get-go, didn't think it would actually be achievable come sunday.
    You Picked LaSalle to make the elite 8?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

The cuse zone will completely take away Zeller, why are you saying they have no chance to win? Its a horrible match up for Indiana.

Cuse ML all day

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like Cuse, Zona, MSU, KU, and Shockers. No chance i'd fade Louisville and like Marquette but probably won't bet that game. Also like under in Cuse/IUo and over in OSU/Zona.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Really liking Louisville, Zona, Marquette, and Michigan.

Louisville just beat Colorado St by 25. Colorado St matches up much better than Oregon with Louisville. Oregon turns the ball over like crazy and has very young guards. Louisville should handle them. There are also no pressing teams in the Pac12, so this will all be new to Oregon.

Marquette has the upper hand in every category of this game except for offensive fire power. Only way I see the Canes covering here is if they are lights with their perimeter shots, which is possible. But Marquette is tougher, better coached, more disciplined, and plays better defense. And most importantly, they have been here before, Miami is inexperienced. Have not been impressed with Miami at all ever since their loss to Duke last month. Barely squeezing by weak opponents.

Talent wise, Zona might have more talent than Ohio St. Zona will also have the fans in LA as well. Playing Zona is more of me fading Ohio St. I still don't think they are very good. They should have lost to Iowa St, and that was pretty much a home game for them. If the refs get the right call, Ohio St is sitting at home right now. I think Zona makes the final four. Big Sean Miller fan, one of the best coaches in this tournament.

Love Michigan here. Their guards will outplay Kansas' guards. McLemore and Johnson are way too inconsistent. Seems like everytime there is a big game, McLemore is no where to be found. The only guys on Kansas who seem to show up on a consistent basis are Withey and Releford. The rest of the team is too hit and miss for me. You can count on everyone from Michigan to show up. Michigan is also much improved since inserting McGary into the starting lineup. I just think in the end, Michigan's talent could take them very far in this tournament. Typically you need two things to make a deep run in March: Great guard play and future NBA players. Michigan has both. Probably the only team left that has three first round draft picks.

Kind of like Duke too. Just not sold on Sparty's guards. They throw the ball all over the place and I just think Duke's backcourt has a big edge over them.
    Last edited by Speedy88; 03-25-13 at 03:54 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Oregon had 18 Turnovers against STL, how many will they have against UL? 30?

Speedy88

Oh forgot to add Wichita. La Salle is a great team with loads of talent, but I think Wichita will be too physical for the smaller La Salle team. Bad matchup for La Salle in my opinion.

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Oh forgot to add Wichita. La Salle is a great team with loads of talent, but I think Wichita will be too physical for the smaller La Salle team. Bad matchup for La Salle in my opinion.
    End of the road for La Salle. Duke might have an advantage against MSU in the backcourt but MSU has a big size and rebounding advantage. Gary Harris has been impressing me a lot as the season progressed too

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Oregon had 18 Turnovers against STL, how many will they have against UL? 30?
    You playing the -10 w/ your Cards? Right now 5D has them @ -102 in the reduced section thinking it might be possible to get them at -9.5 at some point.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Yeah I really don't see how we all can't play them @ -10...

I mean could you really bet against them right now? That might not be fun, it would feel like holding a huge Minnesota ticket in you're hand like I was and watching that first half yesterday against Florida

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Really liking Louisville, Zona, Marquette, and Michigan.

Louisville just beat Colorado St by 25. Colorado St matches up much better than Oregon with Louisville. Oregon turns the ball over like crazy and has very young guards. Louisville should handle them. There are also no pressing teams in the Pac12, so this will all be new to Oregon.

Marquette has the upper hand in every category of this game except for offensive fire power. Only way I see the Canes covering here is if they are lights with their perimeter shots, which is possible. But Marquette is tougher, better coached, more disciplined, and plays better defense. And most importantly, they have been here before, Miami is inexperienced. Have not been impressed with Miami at all ever since their loss to Duke last month. Barely squeezing by weak opponents.

Talent wise, Zona might have more talent than Ohio St. Zona will also have the fans in LA as well. Playing Zona is more of me fading Ohio St. I still don't think they are very good. They should have lost to Iowa St, and that was pretty much a home game for them. If the refs get the right call, Ohio St is sitting at home right now. I think Zona makes the final four. Big Sean Miller fan, one of the best coaches in this tournament.

Love Michigan here. Their guards will outplay Kansas' guards. McLemore and Johnson are way too inconsistent. Seems like everytime there is a big game, McLemore is no where to be found. The only guys on Kansas who seem to show up on a consistent basis are Withey and Releford. The rest of the team is too hit and miss for me. You can count on everyone from Michigan to show up. Michigan is also much improved since inserting McGary into the starting lineup. I just think in the end, Michigan's talent could take them very far in this tournament. Typically you need two things to make a deep run in March: Great guard play and future NBA players. Michigan has both. Probably the only team left that has three first round draft picks.

Kind of like Duke too. Just not sold on Sparty's guards. They throw the ball all over the place and I just think Duke's backcourt has a big edge over them.
    Nice write up speedy. I disagree on Ohio State-Zona. That is actually the one game I like most right now with OSU.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Agree on this, Michigan and Zona.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

EP - Florida has been the victim of refs working hard to keep games close. In both games this past weekend and UF's last 2 Elite 8 games they've had huge leads then all of a sudden the refs call it different in order to let the other team make a run and they couldn't recover. The second half of Minny, they were getting every call and put all of UF's bigs in foul trouble. Murphy picked up 2 ridiculous ticky tack fouls along with Yeguete. Not only do those calls put players on the bench but it gives extra possessions to the other team.

UF has been blowing almost every team they play out. Refs get disinterested and stop calling fouls in UF's favor. They were beating Louisville by 18 points in last years Elite 8 and Butler by 14 points all with just 10 minutes left. All of a sudden the refs either subconsciously or get a phone call from CBS and freeze the fouls called for UF. Once the other team makes a run, the crowd gets in it and the pressure becomes unbearable. It's very similar to the Heat's current streak. They've gone down early to some shit teams, then the refs make every call for Miami and they grind their way back and the shit team folds like a tent. UF isn't a shit team but they're college kids that don't know how to handle the emotion.

I think they overcame that hurdle against Minny. Huge run by them and brought the game down to single digits but UF closed the show. That was huge for them.

FGCU will not get any closer than 20 in this game on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I'd actually take them +12 if they were playing again tomorrow with the wave of momentum. I saw Florida play in person both games this weekend. They looked like a machine in the 1st half of both games and like a team ripe to get knocked off in both 2nd halves. The Northwestern State coach had no game plan or game adjustment ability, so Florida rolled them. Minnesota spent a lot of energy to get back into the game today and a little better team might have taken it all the way back - still should be a big warning light that Florida blew a massive lead and that perhaps teams need to look at pressing them more because they didn't like it.

Be more interested in totals myself.

Speedy88

No love for Marquette in here?

t-wizzle

No love for Marquette in here?
    Not sure yet speedy. I think miami is a fraud squad. I don't think that much of marquette either i had them going out first round to davidson.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Fade Miami ATS and ML. Almost got them against Illinois. Canes will not make Final 4.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Duke up to 2

Guess there isn't the MSU love (outside of this thread) that I thought we would see. Still got of few days for Sparty nation to whip out their wallets.

Ferndog68
    Ferndog68's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    My favorite plays are Ohio State and Indiana at first glance.
    agree

Poison-Nut
    Poison-Nut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

If Indy vs Cuse goes to -6 you can't touch this game. I expect this game going down to 3-5 pts. Michigan has surprised me so far, I didn't expect them to be playing this well. I really think that this is the game they come back down to earth and trip up against Kansas. With my Buckeyes (which I never bet on), everytime they have a full week to prepare for top games, they show up, but when they have a short week or time to prepare they usually struggle. So with this they should beat Zona.

I am not going any where near the Duke/MSU game. To me this is a total coin flip.

I actually like the Florida and Wichita St games. Maybe leaning Maimi as well.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Biggest scumbag in college basketball. Biggest fraud, too. Would love to see where he'd be without his Michigan "connections." At some point, the shit will hit the fan and this program will face the NCAA music.
    Makes zero sense but enjoy losing your money on Indiana because of the Michigan connection.

Owls
    Owls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

I like Florida -13. Florida Gulf Coast going to be partying all night for 5 days straight, reading their press clippings. In the front page of all the sports sites. Florida is merciless against mediocre teams, they will roll, I see a 25 point blowout.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Makes zero sense but enjoy losing your money on Indiana because of the Michigan connection.
    "Makes zero sense"? We'll see. Get back to me after it all goes down.

Fact: despite all of his recruiting "connections" and elite talent year after year, Boeheim has been past the Sweet 16 three times since 1989. That's right. Three Elite 8 appearances in 24 seasons. That's it.

He's a Carmelo Anthony away from being the biggest postseason joke in sports over the past quarter century. Without even getting into character issues, that speaks for itself.
    Last edited by No coincidences; 03-26-13 at 09:54 AM.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Boeheim is a piece of shit. I hate him so much.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Indiana, OSU, Louisville, Duke, Florida, Kansas, all winners as of now.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Indiana, OSU, Louisville, Duke, Florida, Kansas, all winners as of now.
    Chalk City.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Only dog I kind of like is Marquette.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Only dog I kind of like is Marquette.
    Like Miami to win, but think 5.5 is too high. Also like Syracuse and AZ + the points. Lean towards KU and Duke.

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    You playing the -10 w/ your Cards? Right now 5D has them @ -102 in the reduced section thinking it might be possible to get them at -9.5 at some point.
    Ville down to -9.5 -107. Think i'll put my play in now before it jumps back up to DD

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

squares will be on Cuse and Zona.

The public typically over reacts and this
    will be the case here since IU and OSU both are
    coming off close games.

t-wizzle

What do you guys think about msu-duke? I originally liked msu. still do but not as sure.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    What do you guys think about msu-duke? I originally liked msu. still do but not as sure.
    MSU has the bigs to contain and bother Plumlee. They should hold a pretty big rebounding edge in this one.

I don't know, though. Seems like Duke should be -3 if they were the play. Hard to get a read on MSU because Appling is all over the map right now.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

yes

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

If for no other i'm taking MSU bc of the principle of it.

Duke is soft. They are a finese team and if they aint
    lighting it up from downtown they are in trouble.

Duke struggles with these athletic and physical teams.

Bottom line is Michigan State has some bad ass gangsta's on that
    team and they will wreak havoc with their physical style of play.

Plumlee, Curry, and Kelly will get punked. Seriously
    think private school yuppies vs street ball thugs

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

i'm taking this ML parlay

Ohio State over Zona

Indiana over Cuse

MSU over Duke

Michigan over Kansas

First 123 Last