BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I do not know how much you have on this. If it is a few bucks, go for it. If not, a hedge is the best play.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

HEDGE. Unless like bigdaddy said it's only a couple buks. Texas gets rolled here.

Hotdiggity11
    Hotdiggity11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    HEDGE. Unless like bigdaddy said it's only a couple buks. Texas gets rolled here.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Let's not overreact. A few examples. GB vs Denver, Nova vs GTown, GMen vs Pats, UT vs USC, Bama vs Miami, OSU vs Miama, Celtics vs Lakers, Dodgers vs A's. Big underdogs who won outright. Calm down.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I suggest that you list all of the favorites who have won. You get no points here. If you really think Texa has any chance at all against 'Bama, then you must weigh how much of a chance against the money that you can win with a hedge. As alwasy, it comes down to a risk vs reward scenario.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I suggest that you list all of the favorites who have won. You get no points here. If you really think Texa has any chance at all against 'Bama, then you must weigh how much of a chance against the money that you can win with a hedge. As alwasy, it comes down to a risk vs reward scenario.
    I have 5 weeks to think about it, or do something. I just don't see a need to rush to judgement based on last night's performances by Texas and Bama. If I had to bet today, I would jump off the bridge with everybody else and declare Bama a dominating winner, but since I am a realist and I have been in the game a long time, I know that public opinion is hotter than July at this moment. I will sit back and relax.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Ask yourself: If both teams played at 100% who would win? Then at unequal levels , 95% v 85% and so on

There is no indication either team will be flat a month from now , it is for the N.C. So , IMO Tex must play at a much higher % level than Al to win this game.

If both play up to their potential (in the 90% range) Bama wins
    Last edited by Sam Odom; 12-06-09 at 01:27 PM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

You never know who is going to flunk out, get arrested, etc...Michigan State has already lost 10 players, and we do not even know what bowl they are going to play in as of yet, thought it is a pretty good bet that it will be the insight bowl, with the alamo bowl as an outside shot.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Ask yourself: If both teams played at 100% who would win? Then at unequal levels , 95% v 85% and so on

There is no indication either team will be flat a month from now , it is for the N.C. So , IMO Tex must play at a much higher % level than Al to win this game.

If both play up to their potential (in the 90% range) Bama wins
    Big games bring out the best and worst in teams. It brings out the worst in Ohio State, it brings out the best in others. Bama probably should win, but the stakes are so high that I cannot see them providing the same ass whipping they put on Florida last night.

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Let's not overreact. A few examples. GB vs Denver, Nova vs GTown, GMen vs Pats, UT vs USC, Bama vs Miami, OSU vs Miama, Celtics vs Lakers, Dodgers vs A's. Big underdogs who won outright. Calm down.
    exactly, but sports bettors in general are a stupid lot who overreacts to things they see which is why they lose their shirts and then some every yr

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Hoopster how is the future on USC look now?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

I still have not done any hedging. This sure has a no way in hell they can win feel of the last Texas-USC Rose Bowl. I'll take it.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Not quite. In the USC-Texas game, the line actually grew, with USC becoming a 6-7 poit favorite at the end. This year, the line is shrinking, with Teas now down to +3.5 or 4. I think with the huge amount of dogs winning outright this bowl season, more money will come down on Texas, just for that reason. I do like the way Texas is coming into this game, a lot more than the way 'Bama is coming into this game. That, plus the fact that Texas has not lost in the Rose Bowl this century (2-0) also gets a little more money on the Horns. Texas is certainly not a bad play. I took 'Bama -3.5 at the Hilton early on hoping to get a good middle. Aparently I am not going to get it.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    If texas wins the national championship I will give you an account at The Greek with 1,000 dollars in it.
    Did you save your money?

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Did you save your money?
    I think there is about a 1/10 000 chance that he will be true to his word

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Jaug View Post
    I think there is about a 1/10 000 chance that he will be true to his word
    Maybe he is dead, he sure has not posted in this thread again. Or brain dead and doesn't know anything about football. Maybe both led to his demise, physically and financially.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

I can't believe it is going to end like this with a freshman who seems to not have played since the ninth grade.

First 123