BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

How many people like Pitt to beat Gonzaga 2nd round? Any chance?

Listened to a kid go off at a poker table for about 30+ minutes non-stop about the tourney coming up and there was no doubt he's watched a million college games this year.
    The one thing he was adamant about was saying Pitt will win in the 2nd round against Gonzaga, and to load up on the moneyline if you like to bet.
    He also stated he is not a big sports bettor, thus making me listen to him even more, because once I know a guy is a degenerate gambler, I instantly know fading him is a better option, and his knowledge is worthless, also I turn my headphones up instead and don't even bother entertaining them. This kid was just a die-hard hoops fan who wants to be a coach one day. He knew everything about every team in the tourney, not just his favorite conference.

I barely bet anything other than baseball but I always throw some bets down for March Madness. It's the best event Vegas has to offer. Anywhere you go is just awesome.

He convinced me to stick a nugget on Pitt if they win the first round game. Im guessing they will be +6 or +7 vs Gonzaga maybe? Is that accurate?

Anyone think Pitt is that good? And feel the same way? Or is Gonzaga worth all the hype and really the best team in the tourney?

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I don't think anyone outside of Gonzaga's campus believes they are the best team in the tournament.

They were the 4th #1 seed.

Absolutely Pitt has a chance.

Pitt has beaten Syracuse and Georgetown, and lost to Louisville by 3 on the road.

So, they definitely have a chance.
    Points Awarded:

BennyBigNuts gave SamDiamond 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3177

Would guess that the line would be lower than 6/7. Pitt has a good shot to win.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Would guess that the line would be lower than 6/7. Pitt has a good shot to win.
    Yeah, College hoops is my least watched sport these days due to the lack of dedicated players to their programs. The 6/7 guess was mine so is probably a little off. I was wishful thinking maybe as well lol.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Pitt will be a 3 point dog at most

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Honestly, I dont think Pitt gets by Wichita St.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Pitt will be a 3 point dog at most
    I'd be shocked if it was 3. There would be too much of an overload of action on Gonzaga that low along with bettors pounding a small moneyline on a 1 seed. Even if you make them -6 the public will bet them. Won't they?

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

I've seen every single team play multiple games this season (exception a few 16 seeds).

I got Wichita State over Pitt first round, sorry bud, but you may not even get the chance. With that being said, Gonzaga is so overrated that they're now underrated. Kelly Olynyk is playing on a whole other level, stretching the court by hitting 3s and getting aggressive down low and also hitting FTs, and Pangos and Bell would probably be too much for Pitt to handle.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Pitt sticks out like a sore thumb as an 8 seed on Kenpom, they are ranked 7th overall ahead of Kansas.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    I'd be shocked if it was 3. There would be too much of an overload of action on Gonzaga that low along with bettors pounding a small moneyline on a 1 seed. Even if you make them -6 the public will bet them. Won't they?
    Public is not like that anymore, they are all about cute dogs and fading teams like zaga.
    No one cares about seeds that much anymore. Look how much action all these high seeds are getting right now.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    I've seen every single team play multiple games this season (exception a few 16 seeds).

I got Wichita State over Pitt first round, sorry bud, but you may not even get the chance. With that being said, Gonzaga is so overrated that they're now underrated. Kelly Olynyk is playing on a whole other level, stretching the court by hitting 3s and getting aggressive down low and also hitting FTs, and Pangos and Bell would probably be too much for Pitt to handle.
    This kid actually said Wichita St. was a horrible draw for Pitt, and said they have more a chance to beat them than Gonzaga but won't lol. He was a little Big-east biased possibly, he liked Louisville and Miami as well, but he was a Pac-10 kid from Cali. So all justified.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16534

If Pittsburgh gets by Wichita State, they will beat Gonzaga.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Gonzaga would be around -2.5 over Pitt. If it's much higher than that, Pitt has value.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Personally I think whoever wins Pitt/WichSt matchup beats Gonzaga

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15224

Why is it a LOCK Pittsburgh will even get by Wichita St.?

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Why is it a LOCK Pittsburgh will even get by Wichita St.?
    Where do you see anyone say it's a lock? Try reading. I know anything more than 2 lines is hard for some ppl, but it does say "If they win their first round game".
    Jaggggg-off

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Zaga too good to lose to Pitt.. Better at Pg, Better at pf, C and push at other positions.

Pitt highly overrated all year, but they could beat Wichita.

Fade em against Zaga.

ch3ss
    i make it rain....
    ch3ss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 376

I think the Zags will cream Pitt.... I have seen them play alot this year and Pitt is just so inconsistent... They cant score when needed....

Granted they played a good game the other week against the Cuse... But I think Zags are for real this year... they will have a chip on their shoulders... just IMO.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

my guess would be pitt +4....tops

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

again, as many have noted. Wich. St. is kinda a tough matchup for Pitt

but if Pitt does get by first round. An interesting Matchup to watch will be Steve Adams gaurding Olynyk. Adams has been a bit of a disappointment on the offensive side, but he has a great motor and athleticism on defense. Legit 7 footer with long wing span.

In my opinion I think Pitt teams have by and large under achieved in the Jamie Dixon era, because they are so well taught in team ball. When a big tourney game comes along and must score possessions come along. They don't have a pure scorer that can just take over, carry the team, create his own shot and get you a bucket.

Woodall and Patterson have shown that at times, and you gotta love their experience. but they don't really have the mentality to take those big shots.
    Points Awarded:

konck gave Chi_archie 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

Big Bang Clock
    TB12
    Big Bang Clock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1159

Call me crazy, but I have Pitt making the final 4. More of a gut feeling then anything else. You can easily make an argument that they have no chance of them getting there because of their inconsistent play this season. But I like the road they have ahead of them and Gonzaga is overrated. Put them in the Big East and they would not be where they are.

Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4583

Pitt won't even get by Wichita

dalogester
    dalogester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

I love all the wichita love. I go to wsu

number1redskinsf
    number1redskinsf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    I agree with, I have a feeling Wichita State is going to pull off the upset

Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Benny, The Zags will roll Pitt....and i mean roll em.........Big kid for Gonzaga will have a field day with big Dummy Adams from Pitt...............This Zags team is very good and has many other team players that fit into a nice system...I say Pitt wont hit 55 points off this defense......... Zags will roll em by a dime atleast 68-53..........
    Last edited by Footballtime; 03-19-13 at 12:51 PM.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5338

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2287

Im gonna bet Pitt over Wich St for sure

NjSunDvlSal
    NjSunDvlSal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

WICHITA STATE SUCKSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Pitt will not lose to that pathetic MVC team that will lose to anyone outside of their arena.

pook
    pook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 224

I have watched every minute of every Pitt game for years now and the one thing you can always count on Pitt to do is fall flat on their faces in the tournament. Jamie Dixon's substitutions are maddening and will drive you crazy if you bet on them. Someone will score 6 straight points and because he wants to rotate everyone in he will take that person out. He never rides the hot hand and I think that is one of the reasons they always struggle in the tournament.

Pitt could easily lose to Wichita St in round 1 or they could easily beat Gonzaga. Talent wise they are probably better than Gonzaga but who knows. I wouldn't bet on them but they do have a good shot at making the Sweet 16.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Honestly feel like zags getting shit on way too much, really not sure anyone in their region is strong enough offensively to beat them? Clearly there some teams like pit and wiscy that grind teams down but don't think they have enough scorers to knock zags off..

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

fade the kid if pitt gets to them. how much spare time does this kid have to know the strengths and weaknesses of 56 teams in tournament plus must know about the teams that didn't make it also. he doesn't bet but sits at a poker table for hours on end. wants to be a "coach" someday. good luck with that. sounds like a attention seeking blowhard. fade.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Gonzaga will lose in round 1

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    Gonzaga will lose in round 1
    I'll take any and all action on this. I'll lay whatever odds you want. What a joke.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    I'll take any and all action on this. I'll lay whatever odds you want. What a joke.
    I wasn't being serious..

But I'll give u a dollar if they win and if They lose u give me 2,000 dollars

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Don't waste your time on a Pitt ML against Gonzaga. Dixon had horses a few years ago and couldn't beat a higher seed or make a final four. He is the ultimate fave choker. Plus Pitt hasn't been doing well in its own conference tourney. I wouldn't bet any substantial money on Pitt win consecutive games in the tourney.

1234 Last