BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Rondo will be a Celtic for life and a Hall of Famer...Book it boys

Let me state for the record while writing this, I AM NOT A CELTIC fan. I am a basketball fan.

Ok, For everyone getting jacked up over one game last night vs. the Heat (The Celtics lost by the way), here's a reality check and common sense on why the Celtics will never try to trade Rondo again. That window has passed.

You can't just watch one nationally televised game and think you know something about a team.

First off, the Celtics explored trading him already. The problem is even though he's a bigger name now, he's STILL underrated and you're never going to get any value dumping him. You aren't going to get a superstar in return. They had a shot to get Dwight Howard for him, although the talks didn't sound serious, but that would have been a total disaster had they done it just for a rental player.
    What Rondo is going to need is a superstar WITH him. This guy will still win a cpl rings with Boston when they turn over all these washed up guys they have right now.

KG, Pierce, and Terry are all pushing to the end of their careers obviously. Still solid players, but let's face it, that Celtic era is over. Turn out the lights, the party's over, stop living in the past, and start cleaning house!!!

The worst move the Celtics made this year was not trading Pierce at the deadline when there were actually teams interested. They should have done anything they could to get involved in that Josh Smith sweepstakes while the Hawks were interested. By the time the season is over, the teams interested in Pierce earlier at the deadline will mostly no longer want him. You're gonna hear crickets as far as interest and getting anything decent in return for him after the season is over is very unlikely.

I heard a couple people say it's ok to trade Rondo because they have Bradley and a few other young guys to build around. Let me say this- ROFLLLLLLLL.

Avery Bradley's defense is All-Nba, but he doesn't have any tools to run a team. He can never be a starting PG for one, and his %'s are way to low to even move to a 2 guard position. You definitely can't end up contending with him running the offense. His only asset is defense, everything else is below average.

Jeff Green- AWESOME display last night, no doubt about it.
    REality? Green is nothing but a one dimensional player with an occasional hot stroke like we saw vs the Heat last night. He's had chances to produce and hasn't. I've been watching him since he was a young buck at Georgetown and like seeing him have a night like he did, but it was just a career game for him and definitely nothing to get excited about as a Celtics fan. He can definitely hit a shot to win a game though. He just isn't consistent enough and he doesn't do much else. I hope I'm wrong and he surprises me, but not likely.

Bass is just another average fill-in. He can't produce enough to be an effective starter. He can bang a little and serve as a good body, but he's another guy who has failed when given the chance to produce and be a starter.

The one guy who has an outside chance to be an above average contributor is Crawford. Crawford is raw and a bit of a headcase, but the guy can flat out ball and with someone like Rondo, could probably become a 17pt-20pt a game guy easily. I'm not sure if Rivers likes him though, as he's not getting many minutes, but it's possible this kid blows up and becomes a possible All-star if he buys into Doc's coaching and learns the game. Bookmark this.

The Celtics only option is to clear space and build around Rondo by adding a star with him. Trading him would not only be a bad idea, but make no sense whatsoever, as Pg's like him are gettin harder n harder to find these days. I think as a Knick fan what I would do to see him on that team!! WOW!! A pass first PG with a team-ful of guys who can bury 3's non-stop and at the same time wouldn't interfere with Melo's requirements of getting his 20 shots a game lol.
    Rondo is a ruthless animal, with a killer instinct even though not as a dynamic scorer, but he will bring that ball into the paint against 4 guys with no fear, and makes the right decision every time what to do with it at that point. He is an absolute clone of Jason Kidd when he was his age. His shooting will eventually improve if he works at it (His FT % especially), just like Kidd did. And there is no question this guy is fun to watch. He's feisty, and has clashed with a few ppl, but remember the kid is young, and can learn from his mistakes. And he has showed he's always going to give you 100%.

Perfect situation for the Celtics? Say hello to Dwight Howard along side of Rondo- and not getting traded for him!!!! Ideal player to put on this squad even though I probably hate Howard more than any other NBA player right now. If they can finally get out of denial with KG, Pierce, and an aging Terry and start over, they would have plenty of cap-room to sign Howard and then another solid scorer as well to go along with Crawford.

Either way, Rondo is possibly the 2nd best PG in the NBA when healthy behind CP3, even though Westbrook and Kyrie can make a case for that spot as well. If Rondo stays healthy (This was basically his first major injury I believe, I don't recall him missing many games previously but I could be wrong), he will go out as a top 5 all-time assist leader and probably own a few rings.

This was written in freestyle fashion boys, no need to tear apart anything I said if it's not accurate.
    Just my analysis for the Celtic fans and NBA fans in general.

mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

Why did you start a new thread about it and not just post this in the thread that is already going? Dumbass.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by mcduggly View Post
    Why did you start a new thread about it and not just post this in the thread that is already going? Dumbass.

Too much info and effort for a comment, so I made it a thread, grasshopper. I actually posted it first on another forum, a forum where less homo's like you just jerk off to criticize ppl ASAP, but I also posted it here because this site needs more ACTUAL threads. Some people actually want to read about sports and not look at 2 word threads of degens like you jerking yourself off to "picking winners" lol.
    POST-UP for MLB.
    DUMBASS.

BennyBigNuts

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by mcduggly View Post

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I see why you're bitching now Mcfaggly. I forgot you masturbate to beating Bigdeem5 for the PPOTM (Pathetic POster of the Month) award next month. I didn't even notice glancing at your 1-liner thread that you made it. I know you just make 50 threads with a cpl words in them then click on them all day long to get VIEWS n everything. But Deemer does it better apparently. ROFL

Sorry I shit all over your thread and spit out some knowledge as an NBA fan. I could care less about being a "Poster" brah.

The good news is your followers won't be into a thread like mine because it's long and requires reading and actually took effort unlike yours saying "Should Rondo be traded? AKA (God, I hope this can get 2,000 views like Deemers threads do)"haha.

You're safe dude. Pop a Xanax n relax.
    I wasn't trying to hate on you.

RJKing
    RJKing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3847

book what? is there a line on this?

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by RJKing View Post
    book what? is there a line on this?

Naw, just my opinion brah.

Erock87
    Erock87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

I agree with your point about Crawford - kid has raw talent and can score, but I don't see Doc giving him the minutes to reap the results.

As I said in the other thread, I would trade Rondo for a young big, but I don't see any suitors. A core of Rondo, Bradley, Green, and Lee is not a bad core to build around, especially if Sullinger can come back next year and stay healthy (a big if at this stage of his career). If we could dump some of these older salaries (KG, Pierce, Bass, Jet - as talented as they are, it's time to move on), and sign Dwight in the offseason, I think we would have a championship caliber team. Unfortunately, I know KG signed a 2 year deal, and I don't see anyone interested in taking those salaries off our hands. Plus, we owe it to Pierce to let him retire a Celtic, as we should guide him to retirement at the end of this deal.

Good post, and I'm optimistic about how well this tea can be if Sullinger gets healthy, and KG can aid his development.