C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

What is going to happen to Victor Cruz?

The Patriots showed Welker a Fahuck you offer and he left. They signed Danny Amendola and now the Patriots people are saying they signed Amendola before they dropped Welker. Who knows. Everybody assumes Amendola will replace Welker because shallowly they are both white wide receivers. Then the Pats drop Brandon Lloyd.

What if the Patriots sign Victor Cruz now and move HIM into the slot? They'd give up a late 1st round pick but it would be a late 1st round pick and no 1st round receiver would match Cruz's production. Then Amendola can play the outside.

You might say that Amendola is too small to play on the outside but not really. He's 5'11 and Lloyd is 6'. Lloyd only has 10 pounds on him. Cruz is a much better slot WR than Amendola. The Patriots could do things unusual things like put TE's on the outside to run vs CBs and put Cruz and Welker on the inside to run against LBs.

Eli Manning always inflates the value of his tight ends and receivers. If Cruz left he should only go to a team quarterbacked by Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees. He's be best off staying as a Giant or getting picked up by the Pats.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Colts will sign Cruz to an offer sheet

lightbulb

popcorn

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Colts will sign Cruz to an offer sheet

lightbulb

popcorn
    Maybe, but they already have TY Hilton who is a speedster. Do they even need Cruz? Colts better off signing brandon LLoyd the way i see it.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Cruz would be best off signing with the Giants even if they didn't give him the best deal. Where was he before? He was a nobody. What happened to Steve Smith after he left? Shockey? Toomer revived his career with Eli. Jay Ballard was an undrafted blocking TE that put up very respectable receiving numbers. Marcelles Bennet was an under performing backup TE that put up career numbers with Eli. Do you think Mario Manningham wishes he left the Giants? Everybody gets better playing with Eli.

The only other team that makes sense for Cruz is playing the slot for the high flying Patriots offense and catching passes from Tom Brady. The Saints are the only other team with a top QB that makes sense and they have no more money.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    Maybe, but they already have TY Hilton who is a speedster. Do they even need Cruz? Colts better off signing brandon LLoyd the way i see it.
    Colts have a bunch of money and Cruz is a slot guy at heart......Reggie Wayne and TY Hilton on the outside, Cruz working the middle

Cruz and Wayne on only 2 WR sets

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5937

The Texans reportedly are players for Cruz.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

I see him as expendable

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Would hate to see him leave New York
    Points Awarded:

GamblerSpirit gave easyliving 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

I can see him joining Tom Brady. That would be very fun to watch.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    I see him as expendable
    I don't like the Giants but Cruz is the man......One of the hardest guys to cover in the league and one of the best pure playmakers with the ball in his hands

Also a knack for clutch and spectacular plays

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Cruz is a really nice receiver - but if you're going to give him an offer sheet, you're doing the Giants a favor, as they wlll match it. He's different from most restricted free agents like that. No one really has the 'poison pill' money around to sign him. He shall likely be like Mike Wallace of last year - but to be fair, he's not going to get Mike Wallace money next year. Miami was stupid spending the coin they did on Wallace - but they did. NFL teams rarely do deals with 3rd year restricted free agents - and it's smart that they don't touch them. Working hard for 0 result is a bad way to spend your time with, IMO, in the craziest FA market I've seen. Cruz IS worth the money. Shame he won't get it for another year - and it won't be all that great, for him. The kid is a great player - shame he won't get paid what he's worth.

Crate Mayne
    Crate Mayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just to fill in some blanks for y'all that mentioned it.... Colts said they're in the market for a big time receiver NOT named Cruz

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I don't like the Giants but Cruz is the man......One of the hardest guys to cover in the league and one of the best pure playmakers with the ball in his hands

Also a knack for clutch and spectacular plays
    completely agree