PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Luke Schenn Is A Fukkin Monster

So watching the Devils game last night. I notice that Flyers defenseman Luke Schenn is back in the Flyers lineup after missing the previous game against the Devils with the flu.

He starts off the first and lays a nasty hit along the boards which sends a Devil to his ass. He then goes on the next possession and stiffs arm a Devil to the ice. He hits Andrei Loktionov and sends him out of the the rest of the game after Max Talbot scores a goal for the Flyers in the first period. He records 5 hits after the first period.

At the start of the second period, I notice that there's a difference in the behavior of the Devils players whenever Luke Schenn is on the ice. All of a sudden , they avoid his area of the ice whenever they enter the offensive zone. They became reluctant to battle for the puck in the corners where Schenn was.

Luke didn't stop hitting though. He starts hitting everything around him. At the end of the second you can clearly observe the affect he's having on this game. At the start of the third, the Devils are not going anywhere near him and are actively avoiding him. Yet, Luke keeps on hitting anyone near him.

By the end of the third, the Devils appear to be beaten up and exhausted. I counted at least 15 hits for Luke this game but somehow he only got credit for 9 hits in the game. Believe me, it was way more than 9 hits.

So I asked myself after the game, what was the main difference in this game that the Flyers won and the previous game with New Jersey when the Flyers lost 5-2?

The answer is Luke Schenn.

I don't know if I've ever seen a more physical defenseman. He hits with hatred in his heart. He's injured about 5 players so far this season. Loktionov being his latest victim last night.

What a monster.

All I can say is......thank you Toronto.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

And it still took a shootout to win

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    And it still took a shootout to win
    Well, in all fairness, you can blame a combination of a lack of offense and the fact that the Devils play a pretty strong defensive game for that.

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Frustrating season although he has been a nice surprise. His little brother needs to step his game up. The Flyers desperately need one or two more puck carrying defenseman that can actually SHOOT the puck though. Never thought I'd regret them dumping Carle so much. If I was Laviolette I'd leave Matt Read at one of the point positions on the power play from here on out because the only Flyers defenseman that consistently gets point shots to the net is Mezaros. How much of a nice surprise has Rinaldo been by the way?
    Last edited by Roy Halladay; 03-16-13 at 11:06 AM. Reason: spelling error

Roy Halladay

Btw, I've only made it down to one game thus far but it was a nice tilt against Ottawa. Bryz was big, Alfreddson got tossed for cross checking Rinaldo in the back of the head, and Zolnerczyck had that charge he's still suspended for. Damnit I need playoff hockey!

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Halladay View Post
    Frustrating season although he has been a nice surprise. His little brother needs to step his game up. The Flyers desperately need one or two more puck carrying defenseman that can actually SHOOT the puck though. Never thought I'd regret them dumping Carle so much. If I was Laviolette I'd leave Matt Read at one of the point positions on the power play from here on out because the only Flyers defenseman that consistently gets point shots to the next is Mezaros. How much of a nice surprise has Rinaldo been by the way?
    I actually agree with Read being on one of the points on the power play. Not only can he shoot but he can also cover defensively as well.

Luke is the Flyers best defenseman this year by a wide margin if you believe in Corsi stats.

Letting Matt Carle walk away for nothing is going down as one of the dumbest fukkin moves made by Paul Holmgren. Now look at us because of it.

Holmgren does some shit sometimes that make me scratch my fukkin head.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Btw, I've only made it down to one game thus far but it was a nice tilt against Ottawa. Bryz was big, Alfreddson got tossed for cross checking Rinaldo in the back of the head, and Zolnerczyck had that charge he's still suspended for. Damnit I need playoff hockey!
    That was a great game.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Schenn is a pussy which is the reason the leafs shipped him out of town. No player is AFRAID of being hit. They play hockey and have their entire lives.

wtfkevo
    wtfkevo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Rinaldo is becoming one of my new favorite players. Every game, every period, every shift, he is giving 110% and just absolutely destroying people with his hits. Been a while since Ive seen such a nice combination of grit and passion
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Roy Halladay

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Schenn is a pussy which is the reason the leafs shipped him out of town. No player is AFRAID of being hit. They play hockey and have their entire lives.
    You are a dikk with no knowledge of hockey, schenn, or the leafs.

Crawl back into the hole you crawled out of.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by wtfkevo View Post
    Rinaldo is becoming one of my new favorite players. Every game, every period, every shift, he is giving 110% and just absolutely destroying people with his hits. Been a while since Ive seen such a nice combination of grit and passion
    Pound for pound, he's absolutely one of the best hitters I ever saw.

Roy Halladay

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    I actually agree with Read being on one of the points on the power play. Not only can he shoot but he can also cover defensively as well.

Luke is the Flyers best defenseman this year by a wide margin if you believe in Corsi stats.

Letting Matt Carle walk away for nothing is going down as one of the dumbest fukkin moves made by Paul Holmgren. Now look at us because of it.

Holmgren does some shit sometimes that make me scratch my fukkin head.
    Yep, I don't lay much blame on Laviolette. Holmgren seemed to have a nice start to his GM era but this past offseason is making him look foolish. Enlighten me about corsi stats please?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Many role players you see this with and it's a nice trend. Tootoo, Brown in Edm, Rupp, etc. Only play 8-10 min a night but they go all out.

wtfkevo

How exactly? I can say dumb sh*t too without any facts or reasoning. Instead of blurting out your first thought, show some intelligence and explain

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Yep, I don't lay much blame on Laviolette. Holmgren seemed to have a nice start to his GM era but this past offseason is making him look foolish. Enlighten me about corsi stats please?
    Agree. Laviolette has no blame in this mess. This one lies squarely on the shoulders of Holmgren.

Corsi stats are advanced stats using specific formulas to calculate the effectiveness of players. For example, it can measure the level of competition faced by player A compared to that faced by player B and then you can compare where each player stands.

For example, Luke Schenn has been the defenseman on the Flyers that has faced the hardest competition among all Flyers defensemen (including the Penalty Kill). Yet, his Corsi says that he's among the least defenseman for the Flyers that the competition scores against.

Conversely, Bruno Gervais faces the weakest competition among Flyers defensemen, yet he's on the ice for the most goals scored against.

Basically, their Corsi stats are telling you that Schenn is playing at an elite level while Gervais is pure garbage.
    Last edited by PhillyFlyers; 03-16-13 at 11:36 AM.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

How exactly? I can say dumb sh*t too without any facts or reasoning. Instead of blurting out your first thought, show some intelligence and explain
    If you ever watched any leafs games you'd know. He was torched on coaches corner weekly. He didn't fit in there. He almost cost the team the game last night when the bone head left his feet "SCARING" the devil forwards.

ChicagoBlackhawk
    ChicagoBlackhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

That was a great game.
    trust us, it really wasn't. your goalie played the best game of his life and u still barely won in a SO

ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

My friend who's a rabid Leafs fan said he was unwanted. I guess it's mutually beneficial since JVR is the top scorer for the Leafs.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

OP, i wouldnt say lukes so much of a monster. id just say youre a really big pussy.
    Points Awarded:

ChicagoBlackhawk gave cecil127 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Meanwhile...the other Schenn

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

All I can say is......thank you Toronto.
    21 points in 28 games, 14 of them goals... JVR.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Toronto didn't want him? Wait, am I still a dumb shit who is clueless? Oh.

wtfkevo

Lol first of all I said I can say dumbshit too. When you criticize a player its dumb to insult instead of actually "criticizing". Saying hes a pussy...thats just a worthless post. I dont think Luke was as valuable as JVR, but James had more than enough time to prove he deserved the #2 ovr pick. Luke Schenn is what the Flyers needed. And I still have yet to see anything that backups your claim to being a pussy

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

If you ever watched any leafs games you'd know. He was torched on coaches corner weekly. He didn't fit in there. He almost cost the team the game last night when the bone head left his feet "SCARING" the devil forwards.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Luke Schenn is a BAWSE.

Tonight vs. Toronto Game high 25:42 played 6 hits 4 blocked shots 1 goal +3.

An absolute fukkin monster.

Thanks Toronto........SUCKERRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSS SSSSSSS!!!!!!

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Luke Schenn is a BAWSE.

Tonight vs. Toronto Game high 25:42 played 6 hits 4 blocked shots 1 goal +3.

An absolute fukkin monster.

Thanks Toronto........SUCKERRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSS SSSSSSS!!!!!!

2 Goals 6 Assists +1 on the season

/thread

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

/thread
    Stupid dikk that knows nothing about hockey.

He's a shutdown defenseman not an offensive one.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

/thread
    BTW retard, your stats are wrong.

He's got 3 goals 6 assists for 9 points (with hardly any power play time at all too) and he's a +4 for the season. He also leads the league among defensemen in hits and is top 25 in blocked shots. All at 23 years of age. He's a fukkin monster already and he's nowhere near his peak yet.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

BTW retard, your stats are wrong.

He's got 3 goals 6 assists for 9 points (with hardly any power play time at all too) and he's a +4 for the season. He also leads the league among defensemen in hits and is top 25 in blocked shots. All at 23 years of age. He's a fukkin monster already and he's nowhere near his peak yet.
    +\- has nothing to do with powerplay dick head. There are 60 defenseman in the league better than him. Anyone who doesn't want to suck his rooster and has a clue about what hockey is will see that. He is mediocre. JVR is still a better overall player for their team. Say what you want, fluff the jerk off nuts here and there, doesn't take away from the fact his stats are bullshit. Hey, at least he has more blocked shots than Mr. Universe.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

+\- has nothing to do with powerplay dick head. There are 60 defenseman in the league better than him. Anyone who doesn't want to suck his rooster and has a clue about what hockey is will see that. He is mediocre. JVR is still a better overall player for their team. Say what you want, fluff the jerk off nuts here and there, doesn't take away from the fact his stats are bullshit. Hey, at least he has more blocked shots than Mr. Universe.

You stupid fukk. I never said it did.

Learn to read you fukkin moron. Then learn the game dikkhead.

60 defensemen in the game better than him? No fukkin way.

JVR is an overrated bum. He didn't do shit the last 10 games for the Leafs before tonight when he scored a worthless goal that meant nothing.

Wait until he misses two weeks because his twat hurts him. Leafs fans will really love him then.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

he sure is helping the team this year

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

You stupid fukk. I never said it did.

Learn to read you fukkin moron. Then learn the game dikkhead.

60 defensemen in the game better than him? No fukkin way.

JVR is an overrated bum. He didn't do shit the last 10 games for the Leafs before tonight when he scored a worthless goal that meant nothing.

Wait until he misses two weeks because his twat hurts him. Leafs fans will really love him then.
    I've played ice hockey for 23 years and I know the game in and out like I do your sister.

His stats are horse shit and I would extremely like it if you could properly refute that case. Jakub Kindl and garbage defensemen for the red wings has better stats who also doesn't play the "powerplay". JVR is overrated? Seems to be doing quite well for Toronto.
    And yes every single number one and two defensemen in the league is better than Schenn. Without question.

You're like arguing with a whore on the rag. You know you're wrong and dig yourself deeper and deeper into a hole you cant get out of. It just goes to show how clueless you really are.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    he sure is helping the team this year
    PuckIt

You have no idea how much he's helped this year bro.

People who don't watch the Flyers have no clue about this kid.

He's leading the team in TOI for the last month and a half. He's become our #1 defenseman. Leads the league in hits among defenseman. Is top 25 in blocked shots. Has a + rating on a team that has been outscored as ateam overall. Is contributing offensively even when he gets no credit for it. For example, he started the rush tonight on the goal scored by Voracek. He got no credit for it, but he started the play.

I have absolutely no trouble saying that without Luke this year the Flyers are close to the bottom of the league and fighting for the #1 overall pick in the draft.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I've played ice hockey for 23 years and I know the game in and out like I do your sister.

His stats are horse shit and I would extremely like it if you could properly refute that case. Jakub Kindl and garbage defensemen for the red wings has better stats who also doesn't play the "powerplay". JVR is overrated? Seems to be doing quite well for Toronto.
    And yes every single number one and two defensemen in the league is better than Schenn. Without question.

You're like arguing with a whore on the rag. You know you're wrong and dig yourself deeper and deeper into a hole you cant get out of. It just goes to show how clueless you really are.
    You don't have a fukkin clue. You are absolutely clueless. The Flyers would be a train wreck this year without Luke. Jakub Kindl couldn't suck Luke Schenn's dikk on his best night.

You're so clueless you're not worth replying to anymore. You can't even post correct stats.

Have a good night dikkhead.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

You don't have a fukkin clue. You are absolutely clueless. The Flyers would be a train wreck this year without Luke. Jakub Kindl couldn't suck Luke Schenn's dikk on his best night.

You're so clueless you're not worth replying to anymore. You can't even post correct stats.

Have a good night dikkhead.
    Because I didn't post tonight's useless stats I can't post stats correctly?

Fukk you're funny, kiddo. When all else fails play dumb and back out. Your shitty teams problem is their defense and Luke has horrible stats. Keep thinking he is amazing. He is dog shit like the rest of the Flyers.

12 Last