Madukwe
    Madukwe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Latest Blog: Is Tebow Really the Second-Coming of Jesus?

Latest blog available at http://madukwe.mysbrforum.com/blog/5...ing-jesus.html

I will also post it in this thread. Let me know what you think of it!

Madukwe

Is Tebow Really the Second-Coming of Jesus?

Is Tim Tebow really the second-coming of Jesus? Most Gator fans would like to think so. Tim’s excellence on the field and exuberance off of it has led to a very interesting story in the college game. If you are wary of another Gators fan boasting and bragging about Tebow, how Florida will Gator Chomp the SEC, or how Florida will once again win the BCS Championship, don’t turn away just yet. Born and raised in Ohio, I am an Ohio State fan (bring on the criticism) and am no fan of the University of Florida. I am a fan, however, of great accomplishments and tremendous character, both of which Tebow brings to the table every fall Saturday afternoon.

For some reason there are a lot of Tebow haters out there. My guess is that most people are jealous of what Tebow has accomplished so far in his young life. At the raw age of 22, Tebow already has won more National Championships (2) than Drew Brees, Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning combined, has become the only player in NCAA history with twenty passing and twenty rushing touchdowns in one season, and has accumulated more rushing touchdowns than anyone who has ever played in the SEC. Tebow was the first underclassman to ever win the Heisman during his sophomore year, and almost became the second player in NCAA history to receive the heralded award for a second time in 2008 by receiving more first place votes than any other finalist. What is most sickening about these numbers is that he’s not finished yet. With his final year to go, Tebow is once again one of the front-runners for the Heisman Trophy, and his Gators are ranked #1 in the preseason rankings entering the 2009 season.

While all of the numbers, accomplishments, and records are a feat all in of itself, maybe the most intriguing part of the Tim Tebow legacy is Tebow’s spotless and ever-so-clean character. Raised religiously by devout Christian parents, Tebow learned the importance of caring for others at an early age. While attending the University of Florida and playing football for the Gators, Tebow has made time to thank Jesus for all of his skills and accomplishments on and off of the field. While you wouldn’t consider Tebow to be a preacher, he has made it known that he loves God and he tries to invoke love and faith into almost all of his interviews. Not only is he a breath of fresh air to those who are tired of hearing about players’ DUI’s or barfights, but Tebow is a great influence on the millions of children who follow NCAA football and the SEC. A self-proclaimed virigin waiting until marriage, Tebow is the embodiment of the “uncool” child who fears the resistance of not following the crowd. Whether you love Tebow or despise the guy, you have to admit that he is a man of great character.

For a man with little weakness, many media scouts and NFL draft projectioneers have tried to rain on Tebow’s parade, saying he does not have the skills to be a franchise quarterback in the NFL. Some say he will be drafted in the second round, some say he will be selected the second day, and some suggest he should be moved to a secondary position, such as tailback or fullback. As for Tebow’s future, I have no idea how well he will do in the NFL. What I would like to know, however, is why we are looking to the future rather than basking in the glory of the present?!

Tebow is a hard man to bet against, both literally and figuratively. I can’t find any Vegas odds to win the BCS Championship (maybe none exist for college sports? I’m new to the whole betting thing), but I would estimate Florida’s odds of winning to be around 6 – 1. This being said, Florida still has a lot of work to do to make the trip to the National Championship game this season. Two major games in October really stick out on the schedule. On October 10, Florida will travel to LSU to take on the #11 Tigers. Three weeks later, the Gators will try to chomp out the Bulldogs of Georgia in a huge matchup at the Swamp. With everyone gunning after them at #1 (not that any team is really unprepared or motivated to win), many trap games exist on the schedule, including Tennessee on 9/26, Arkansas on 10/17, and Mississippi State on 10/24. I would bet the ranch that Urban Meyer will have his team mentally prepared for these matchups. As for LSU and Georgia, I would bet on Florida to take care of them as well. I like the Gators’ chances at making the BCS Championship game again this season.

Will Tebow take the next step and become an elite player in the NFL someday? I’d like to think so, but I really don’t know. What I do know is that Tebow will never bitchslap a woman, chokeslam a puppy, or publicly shoot himself in the leg between rum-and-cokes. With serious character-issue problems casting over the NFL like heavy rainclouds, a true spokesman of civility and charity might just be what Sheriff Roger ordered. I’d venture to say that the NFL needs Tebow just a little more than Tebow needs the NFL. Then again, maybe we all need a little Tebow in our lives. Especially in the money lines ; )

Written by Maduke, who is NOT a Gator fan. Go Bucks and Bearcats!!!

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

Nice blog Madukwe. I think the game to watch for is def @ LSU. If they win that game, then Florida runs the table and goes onto the BCS Championship game.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nice work guy

Tebow is the greatest college football player of all times

Madukwe

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanStallion View Post
    Nice blog Madukwe. I think the game to watch for is def @ LSU. If they win that game, then Florida runs the table and goes onto the BCS Championship game.
    Thanks Mexi.

It will be a HUGE game. I could def see the winner going to the BCS Game

Madukwe

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Nice work guy

Tebow is the greatest college football player of all times
    Thanks JJ.

Saying anyone is the "greatest" at anything is always a tough thing to do, but I do agree that Tebow is the best college football player EVER. The man has numbers that no one else has ever dreamed of

Afrot69
    Afrot69's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice blog. look forward to the future ones.

Madukwe

Quote Originally Posted by Afrot69 View Post
    nice blog. look forward to the future ones.
    Why thank you, afrot

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

yes

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

most guys here would probably fukk Tebow.

God bless.

MexicanStallion

Let's see what Tebow does against Charleston Southern...

Madukwe

Mexi,

Look up Tebow on Wikipedia when you get a chance. You'll find something very interesting about the day he was born lol

TheJer
    TheJer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice post Madukwe i must say that Tebow is the greatest college football player of all the worlds, maybe even... the universe!

MexicanStallion

Quote Originally Posted by Madukwe View Post
    Mexi,

Look up Tebow on Wikipedia when you get a chance. You'll find something very interesting about the day he was born lol
    Apparantly great athletes were born August 14th, 1987. Tim Tebow & The Mexican Stallion. Pretty much equal I think