VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vegas Dave's 2009 College Football Picks Video Week 1!

IT IS FINALLY HERE!

To a fun and prosperous season for all of us!

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

GL

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by mmike032 View Post
    GL
    Thanks Mike!!

You on your Dawgs this weekend?

onthewhat
    onthewhat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will you be playing any week 1 games in our contest?

jml7z2
    jml7z2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I just wanted to comment on the Missouri/Illinois game. It's being played at the Edward Jones Dome in STL. I do like all your picks though, thanks for doing this.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by jml7z2 View Post
    I just wanted to comment on the Missouri/Illinois game. It's being played at the Edward Jones Dome in STL. I do like all your picks though, thanks for doing this.
    Ha, made the same mistake last year... go figure. Thanks. Fortunately I liked this game a lot more for the on the field matchup then I did where it was being played

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by onthewhat View Post
    Will you be playing any week 1 games in our contest?
    By "our contest" do you mean the beat Vegas Dave contest? All four of my picks will be from these selections, yes.

gavin
    gavin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9025

good luck dave

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Dave can you give me your reasonings of not playing LSU at -17 over Washington ?

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    Dave can you give me your reasonings of not playing LSU at -17 over Washington ?
    I definitely lean LSU.

As good as Jordan is going to be, road starts are always tough, and this should be an extremely hostile crowd. Sark really has these guys fired up.

Seems like forever ago, but it was only last year that Jake Locker almost beat BYU. LSU also has an annoying habit of playing to their opponent's level; case in point Troy last year.

I think LSU covers, but the Huskies keeping it close until late wouldn't shock me. Good luck though!

riggs
    riggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great stuff as usual Dave, BOL this year man, lets feed off each other!

SoonerBS
    SoonerBS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very interesting way of presenting your picks, Dave, good luck to you . . . .

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice vid, dave. i caught you on the mistake last yr about the illinois-mizzou venue, and again you missed it! that game for the past 5 yrs or whatever has always been played in st. louis. and one thing about revenge, it is a very very overrated thing in cfb and is usually best when the revenge gm is played at hm. oregon and boise look a lot alike but i give the nod to boise because of hm field, espn night gm, their coach is back. oregon's coach was obviously their oc last yr but has never been a hc. there is some adjustment for the players who used to see bellotti and now they see kelly. this could hurt them in the 4th quarter if boise pulls ahead by 10 and they look to the sideline as if to say "now what". i like boise here to win by double digits...but if they dont, to at least cover the spread

gl

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    i'll give you my reasoning fwiw, lsu does not have an explosive offense by any means w/the qb questions, wash is very pumped up w/a new coach and many players back from a winless team, they are dying for a win or to at least give their all, the crowd will be nuts and espn is there for the night gm, i think wash can hang w/lsu til the 3rd quarter and will keep it w/in 17 pts

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    Great stuff as usual Dave, BOL this year man, lets feed off each other!
    Sounds good to me my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    Very interesting way of presenting your picks, Dave, good luck to you . . . .
    Thank you! Haven't talked with you much but read all of your stuff around here and really love the info, thanks for taking the time to write it out and share it with us!

Quote Originally Posted by hoopster42 View Post
    nice vid, dave. i caught you on the mistake last yr about the illinois-mizzou venue, and again you missed it! that game for the past 5 yrs or whatever has always been played in st. louis. and one thing about revenge, it is a very very overrated thing in cfb and is usually best when the revenge gm is played at hm. oregon and boise look a lot alike but i give the nod to boise because of hm field, espn night gm, their coach is back. oregon's coach was obviously their oc last yr but has never been a hc. there is some adjustment for the players who used to see bellotti and now they see kelly. this could hurt them in the 4th quarter if boise pulls ahead by 10 and they look to the sideline as if to say "now what". i like boise here to win by double digits...but if they dont, to at least cover the spread gl
    Hahaha, I know, apparently I'm still a moron

Like I said, I should have stayed away from that game, but I'm not going to ignore an extremely strong gut feeling week one. I don't think the revenge angle is overrated at all though! I don't think Boise State is a bad pick at all, but I do think that Chip Kelly will transition in just fine as head coach and this should be a hell of a ball game. Good luck!

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Always look forward to the vids!

Have a great season............

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL vegasdave...

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Thanks Pags... hoping Oregon wins outright tomorrow to get both of our seasons kicked off right!

And Nevada thanks as always for the support

Down Wind Pheew
    Down Wind Pheew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Utah St will cover...!!! The line makes me Good Luck...

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best of Luck This Year David!

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck dave. May all your bets be winners.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by pat venditto View Post
    Good luck dave. May all your bets be winners.
    Thanks Pat - to you as well. Any plays lined up for this Saturday?

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think I will sit out a few weeks and attack when I feel its necessary.

rossta4i
    rossta4i's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4613

GL dave....as always i enjoy your vids.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Thank you rossti! Feeling good about week 1

bypp
    bypp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

I was beginning to wonder where your picks were at. Theyre all soundin pretty good. Best of luck to you this season!

Perfect Haze
    Perfect Haze's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey VegasDave, I'm new this year I have a little bit of knowledge, I use to work at different sports books at Panama and Costa Rica. I've being following the threats of the guys which I think are the best cappers from all these forums. So far I'm following pags, soonesb and zbois(who I think that has future on this) advises.. I see your picks and I have to say that I agree with the way you pick ur picks.. and you definetly have to be on that list also.. If there is anything I can do (that maybe nothing) just let me know BOL..

Thanks for UCLA under, Stanford -16.5, UAB - 5 and California (which still is a tough game for me). I Prefer to go with Mizz +7 and the over on that game but... I would like to know your opinion on Texas game and more than the game I'll like to know what do you think about their OL for this season.. cheers!
    Last edited by Perfect Haze; 09-03-09 at 04:53 PM.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Glad to see we are on some plays this week. GL to you this week Dave, I always check out your videos. Nicely done.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by bypp View Post
    I was beginning to wonder where your picks were at. Theyre all soundin pretty good. Best of luck to you this season!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    Glad to see we are on some plays this week. GL to you this week Dave, I always check out your videos. Nicely done.
    Thanks for the support guys! Good luck this year!

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Haze View Post
    Hey VegasDave, I'm new this year I have a little bit of knowledge, I use to work at different sports books at Panama and Costa Rica. I've being following the threats of the guys which I think are the best cappers from all these forums. So far and following pags, soonesb and zbois(who I think that has future on this) advises.. I see your picks and I have to say that I agree the way you see this.. and you definetly have to be on that list also.. If there is anything I can do (that maybe nothing) just let me know BOL..
    Thanks for the nice feedback! Pags and SoonerBS are a step above in my opinion, I definitely don't belong in their category yet, but I'm trying ! ZBOIZ let's his heart get in the way a little too often on his Tigers, but he's a good guy. Looking forward to getting to know you this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Haze View Post
    Thanks for UCLA under, Stanford -16.5, UAB - 5 and California (which still is a tough game for me). I Prefer to go with Mizz +7 and the over on that game but... I would like to know your opinion on Texas game and more than the game I'll like to know what do you think about their OL for this season.. cheers!
    Good luck on your Mizz play! I'll end up far under 100% by season's end, and never expect anyone to blindly follow me. Could definitely be a close one, those points could come in handy.

Texas should roll easily enough, I just didn't feel like laying that kind of chalk in game one. All it takes is a rusty first quarter to make that one a nail-biter.

O-Line should be very good with all four starters returning. Having a QB with Colt's mobility helps, too. It might be a slight concern against an elite D-Line like, say, Oklahoma's, but its pretty amazing what experience and cohesiveness does for a unit. They'll definitely be better than they were in '08.

Good luck if you play it!

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Wow, I hope this Oregon performance isn't an indication of signs of things to come for me in 2009 .

This is one of the worst offensive displays I have ever seen. I feel like I'm watching a Raider game .

Madukwe
    Madukwe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

love the jersey, davey!

Down Wind Pheew
    Down Wind Pheew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Down Wind Pheew View Post
    Utah St will cover...!!! The line makes me Good Luck...

Utah St

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Down Wind Pheew View Post
    Utah St
    Congrats! Glad Thursday night treated you better than it did me .

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would you post your picks in text also..watching a video takes too long...just your picks in text..Thanks

123 Last