spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    If the Celtics game is under 184.5 Ill have another 260 pts to give away.
    bam!

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

good luck zilla

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    bam!
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-26-15 at 03:31 PM. Reason: image does not exist

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Get em Robbie!

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-26-15 at 03:31 PM. Reason: image does not exist

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Thanks for the points rob

You are a class act, and like many others, will be missed

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

sbr has jumped the shark

chi and his ghosts have ruined the forum

and sam diamond is sammy zirconia because he's a pussy to meet me to where i would verify my athletic feets and he's zironia because he is a fake.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

greatest forum on net BY FAR

we help each other pick winners, make sikk fukkin jokes all day long to make each other laugh, and give each other great advice on life issues like chicks and tips on how to dress cool and stuff like that

and guys post great vids that they make and also from you tube like the one in the saloon about The Iceman

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

if fatty never logged in again this place would surge to the height of internet popularity

book it
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Russian Rocket

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Rob will you be logging off at midnight your time once and for all?

have you pm-ed Shari to cut the cord and ban you?

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

SBR was already on its way downhill.

The BI scandal just expedited the process.

SBR's business model was to support the posters and players, but then they got greedy.

No-one wants much to do with the place anymore. The numbers speak for themselves.

Its a shame, because SBR used to be decent forum.
    Points Awarded:

Terrapin Station gave Gee 24 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Terrapin Station

Da Beer Guy
    Da Beer Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!

its really gone down hill fast i mean i can notice a difference even between this week and last week.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

bam!

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    SBR was already on its way downhill.

The BI scandal just expedited the process.

SBR's business model was to support the posters and players, but then they got greedy.

No-one wants much to do with the place anymore. The numbers speak for themselves.

Its a shame, because SBR used to be decent forum.
    Sbr's business model was never to support the players, it was to suck players in and get a % of their losses, while getting advertising money and essentially making books pay for ratings. Posters now blame sbr for their own ignorance and naivety.

Laughable that people thought sbr resolved disputes, gave rankings, held bashes, gave out free stuff because they are kind hearted and love us so much.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Delicious

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Mike is spot on...

However, SBR is doing this wrong, all the higher-up posters, excluding Shari (moderators) have been M.I.A., people have lost trust in SBR, which will happen with a scandal, but SBR ran away from it instead of giving a statement.

They could have/have not taken blame, but something was better than nothing.

Having moderators such as (SBR_Forum) etc hurt the 'business' and the forum, because people could atleast put a face behind the name in the previous years.

Not to mention no one has heard from SBR_John since his lawsuit post and he is horrific at checking in and posting the state of SBR/direction they are heading.

SBR could have recovered from the BI scandal, if handled properly. Now, it seems like the moderators don't give two shits about the business/forum, which could be because it was sold/will be sold or this site is going to be offline soon.

You have an increase in store prices, not even the slightest announcement, little changes and no announcements, LOU used to announce server downtime - now the server will be upgrading and no announcement. All of this is poor management from the SBR higher-ups.

Could JJGold have solved this issue? No. He could have alleviated some of the pressure from SBR to totally redirect its efforts after BI though. They didn't wanna pony up the money, obviously.

I firmly believe the forum could still be salvaged because of the core of good posters who enjoy SBR/point system etc. Everyone has a different vendetta... Milwaukee Mike, Yisman, TryTryTry, SecretStash, Rudy, Louvillekid, Sweeper, Venditto lurks, Zeta, TTWarrior, Opie, BigDay, El Nino, No Coin, LakerBoy, IWYM/MUG, Giant, Seaweed, and a ton of others...

But, no one knows exactly what has happened or where this forum going, I cashed in my last 3k pts after losing 3k to Yisman , to another Gift Card before prices went up, Shari has told me point system is safe, though.

I believe what John has done with SBR has been fantastic, and very business orientated, his post-BI management has been poor. So, why doesn't he come out and hire new moderators/posters or shut this thing down, because right now the questions mark still remain.

That's my .02, either give a sh*t and try to reform the forum, or let it slowly die off with rumors circulating from every which way.

Not answering your consumers/customers questions in Business is not the way of handling things.

Questions like: The Bash, Wheres the Mods, etc

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

people confuse the business side of SBR and the "players talk" side all the time

nothing that players talks junkies think is "wrong" with the site actually matters.

that is not where the money is. for every PT forum addict with all our disorders that longs for the "good ole days"

there are 500 people that sign up in foreign countries and barely post or post only in sub forums. but they clicked on the banners, and they are the REAL traffic.

we don't matter, they don't make the majority of their money off attention monkeys and goofballs

if you want PT to matter. Make it matter, by being part of the solution and not a complainer and whiner only

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

jesus reemer settle down

who the fuk did you think is gonna read all that

Gee

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    Sbr's business model was never to support the players, it was to suck players in and get a % of their losses, while getting advertising money and essentially making books pay for ratings. Posters now blame sbr for their own ignorance and naivety.

Laughable that people thought sbr resolved disputes, gave rankings, held bashes, gave out free stuff because they are kind hearted and love us so much.
    Obviously, it is and always was a BUSINESS, so I'm not sure what your point is.

There is a difference between, for example, a restaurant that bends over backwards to help you (they aren't doing it out of love, but to build a bigger client base, which was the original model here before they got ultra greedy) and the restaurant that puts cockroach feces in your food (how it is now at SBR).

BON VIVANT
    I think; therefore I am.
    BON VIVANT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 397

What was the BI scandal?

I've been a lurker from time to time and seems the same to me. Posters hating on other posters, etc. The level of maturity on SBR is pretty bad. I guess that's just the personality of the forum. I can't think of another forum that has the traffic SBR has, so I doubt this place is going under anytime soon.

milwaukee mike

Obviously, it is and always was a BUSINESS, so I'm not sure what your point is.

There is a difference between, for example, a restaurant that bends over backwards to help you (they aren't doing it out of love, but to build a bigger client base, which was the original model here before they got ultra greedy) and the restaurant that puts cockroach feces in your food (how it is now at SBR).

Remind me to stay away from that restaurant

Everyone gets greedy, look at therx/covers/eog scandals of the past

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I made a post asking if it used to be better, it was just a question and got ripped by a ton of posters. No one seems to want to help and then I bring myself down to others level and start to argue. Just sucks that more people here aren't to help with betting. Dont get me wrong there are some good people here but I think that we know who they are by just reading posts. anyhow gl to EVERYONE dickhead or not on their plays today. Arent we all just trying to beat the books?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

I'm a good people Mitch and I can tell you are too. We need to stick together

mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    I made a post asking if it used to be better, it was just a question and got ripped by a ton of posters. No one seems to want to help and then I bring myself down to others level and start to argue. Just sucks that more people here aren't to help with betting. Dont get me wrong there are some good people here but I think that we know who they are by just reading posts. anyhow gl to EVERYONE dickhead or not on their plays today. Arent we all just trying to beat the books?
    Definitely agree. Too many douchebags here and guys that just run their mouths and hate on everybody with every post they make. Maybe this is why moderators have been told to be more strict when it comes to language and stuff.

milwaukee mike

absolutely mitchell

a lot of people have just stayed in the subforums where strictly sports are discussed

if you want a serious discussion on a game, then start a thread about it, serious threads usually get serious responses. yes there are always a couple trolls, some of which don't even bet, but there are less of those around these days

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Mike is spot on...

However, SBR is doing this wrong, all the higher-up posters, excluding Shari (moderators) have been M.I.A., people have lost trust in SBR, which will happen with a scandal, but SBR ran away from it instead of giving a statement.

They could have/have not taken blame, but something was better than nothing.

Having moderators such as (SBR_Forum) etc hurt the 'business' and the forum, because people could atleast put a face behind the name in the previous years.

Not to mention no one has heard from SBR_John since his lawsuit post and he is horrific at checking in and posting the state of SBR/direction they are heading.

SBR could have recovered from the BI scandal, if handled properly. Now, it seems like the moderators don't give two shits about the business/forum, which could be because it was sold/will be sold or this site is going to be offline soon.

You have an increase in store prices, not even the slightest announcement, little changes and no announcements, LOU used to announce server downtime - now the server will be upgrading and no announcement. All of this is poor management from the SBR higher-ups.

Could JJGold have solved this issue? No. He could have alleviated some of the pressure from SBR to totally redirect its efforts after BI though. They didn't wanna pony up the money, obviously.

I firmly believe the forum could still be salvaged because of the core of good posters who enjoy SBR/point system etc. Everyone has a different vendetta... Milwaukee Mike, Yisman, TryTryTry, SecretStash, Rudy, Louvillekid, Sweeper, Venditto lurks, Zeta, TTWarrior, Opie, BigDay, El Nino, No Coin, LakerBoy, IWYM/MUG, Giant, Seaweed, and a ton of others...

But, no one knows exactly what has happened or where this forum going, I cashed in my last 3k pts after losing 3k to Yisman , to another Gift Card before prices went up, Shari has told me point system is safe, though.

I believe what John has done with SBR has been fantastic, and very business orientated, his post-BI management has been poor. So, why doesn't he come out and hire new moderators/posters or shut this thing down, because right now the questions mark still remain.

That's my .02, either give a sh*t and try to reform the forum, or let it slowly die off with rumors circulating from every which way.

Not answering your consumers/customers questions in Business is not the way of handling things.

Questions like: The Bash, Wheres the Mods, etc
    JJGold is touching his junk as he reads this. Fukn pole smoker is gone (or ghosting) and this place is all the better for it. The free world and the net should drop that puke troll. Nothing like watching some stool pusher threaten others on the net with physical violence from some over the hill mafia wanna be. Although I'm sure some brown cats that like weights and looking at themselves drip sweat got off on it.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

yes

gotta like nebraska, i missed the 7.5 but even at 7 right?
    gotta like anaheim, i jumped on the early -140 right?
    why is portland pick em on a neutral court?
    doesn't Uconn outclass s florida and more likely than not cover?
    should tenn martin really be getting 12???

my initial thoughts on the overnight lines

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

who wants to fck me for 2 points

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe if SBR did not ban sooo many intelligent posters that actually knew something about the industry, this place would have some worthwhile content. It seems a lot of people got banned because they shed light on what SBR would rather not have the rest of us privy to. This lessening of value is the price of SBR's censorship -- I hope they are happy.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RogueScholar

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    who wants to fck me for 2 points
    you or the avatar?

do i get the 2 points or do i have to pay 2

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

absolutely mitchell

a lot of people have just stayed in the subforums where strictly sports are discussed

if you want a serious discussion on a game, then start a thread about it, serious threads usually get serious responses. yes there are always a couple trolls, some of which don't even bet, but there are less of those around these days
    I am not saying that I dont get brought into the mix and say stuff that is childish cause I do, just wish that everyone didnt have to be so miserable all the time. Not everyone but majority lately seem to be. If you read post you can see that if someone is miserable they are talking to someone for alterior motives. Just sucks.

Gee

Remind me to stay away from that restaurant

Everyone gets greedy, look at therx/covers/eog scandals of the past
    Yup, well everyone does it isn't a great excuse, but it is the industry that they are in.

You're still at this restaurant and one of the better/more active posters around!

In response to Bon Vivant: SBR promoted a book (BI) as safe and A+ in exchange for advertising dollars, when there is a strong suggestion that they knew it was about to go under. As a result, a lot of posters lost a lot of money by trusting SBR, who were only shilling for the book.

BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

I hope SBR rallies.

cruzing vato
    cruzing vato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 232

Well
    A. JJ Gold is gone
    B. I cant get money into sportsbooks from USA
    C. You have to be pro to get free pizza.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Yup, well everyone does it isn't a great excuse, but it is the industry that they are in.

You're still at this restaurant and one of the better/more active posters around!

In response to Bon Vivant: SBR promoted a book (BI) as safe and A+ in exchange for advertising dollars, when there is a strong suggestion that they knew it was about to go under. As a result, a lot of posters lost a lot of money by trusting SBR, who were only shilling for the book.
    Gee, bol in upcoming season.

Is tonights game going over 40??

cruzing vato
    cruzing vato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 232

if is basketball, I take over 40 !!

First 123 Last