InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    yeah it really is very hard to call a game consistently in the nba. there's a handful of players that are just too fast and too athletic and most things are judgement calls. Honestly I think most refs do a great job in the NBA consideration the circumstances. It's much harder to be a ref in the NBA than the NCAA. They don't just take anyone. But the best team usually wins every year or at least makes it to the conference finals at minimum, so that's why I like the NBA and which is why I'm a fan of the NHL too. A 7 game series rewards the best teams.
    yeah its definitely a dilemma because there really arent many guys who can be great refs as fast as the game moves...i do believe the nba refs are the best but it can be virtually impossible to see everything...hell i used to ref a summer league for beer money where guys were up to 6'7" and fairly athletic...there were a lot of times under the hoop where i just called a foul on the guy who looked guilty...so easy to miss shit when there are 6 guys in the paint...needless to say i sucked

frankly the same thing is happening in the nfl...there are some terrible refs but the guys are so fukkin big and fast that its a miracle they get such a high percentage of the bang-bang calls correct

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    yeah its definitely a dilemma because there really arent many guys who can be great refs as fast as the game moves...i do believe the nba refs are the best but it can be virtually impossible to see everything...hell i used to ref a summer league for beer money where guys were up to 6'7" and fairly athletic...there were a lot of times under the hoop where i just called a foul on the guy who looked guilty...so easy to miss shit when there are 6 guys in the paint...needless to say i sucked

frankly the same thing is happening in the nfl...there are some terrible refs but the guys are so fukkin big and fast that its a miracle they get such a high percentage of the bang-bang calls correct
    lol

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    lol
    you hear a slap and you gotta blow the whistle....if a guy was going crazy and said it wasnt him id change it and say i made a mistake with the jersey number

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

NBA-bring hand checking back

soccer-harsher penalties for diving

mlb-this is off field but get rid of DH

NHL-get rid of the shootout we know it was only implemented after lockout to increase fans, nothing wrong with a game ending in a tie.

wwe- instant replay after the matches so the refs can see everything that happened while they were knocked out.

golf- that new putting rule is absurd even though I'm not sure about the full details.

also nba needs to go back to 5 games in the first round. If your an 8 seed you shouldn't get 4 chances to win a game.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    golf- that new putting rule is absurd even though I'm not sure about the full details.
    not many details to it....you cant anchor the top of the putter against your body....its a good rule and it never should have been allowed in the first place....why is it absurd?

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    not many details to it....you cant anchor the top of the putter against your body....its a good rule and it never should have been allowed in the first place....why is it absurd?
    Super debatable, I don't think you can disallow it now honestly. Too many guys who grew up playing with it. Lots of aspiring pro's who have always anchored it.

It's an advantage on short putts getting rid of the shakes, but its infinitely harder to lag putt with the anchored putter. It's a messy situation, I'd prefer it be banned, but I just don't think its fair at this point.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Cheerleaders should be naked.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Super debatable, I don't think you can disallow it now honestly. Too many guys who grew up playing with it. Lots of aspiring pro's who have always anchored it.

It's an advantage on short putts getting rid of the shakes, but its infinitely harder to lag putt with the anchored putter. It's a messy situation, I'd prefer it be banned, but I just don't think its fair at this point.
    common tto dont be a puss just because its been around for 10 years....the game did just fine (actually better imo) for over 100 yeare before this nonsense

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Cheerleaders should be naked.

in a lot of countries what they wear now is considered nudity

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

I agree that it needs to be phased out somehow. But there are a lot of guys whose lives revolve around it that would be unfairly affected. I just am hoping that they don't even consider different regulations for pros/amateurs, cause that will ruin the sport. They tell the average golfer to Tee it forward, then want to reduce the distance a ball can go? Dumbest shit I've ever heard.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Play by the fukking rules Mcduggle...

Phildo
    Phildo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6228

I hate the offsides rule in soccer. Not sure how to fix it without just getting rid ot if, but it makes me crazy. If the refs actually get the call right, it usually just rewards bad defense.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    I hate the offsides rule in soccer. Not sure how to fix it without just getting rid ot if, but it makes me crazy. If the refs actually get the call right, it usually just rewards bad defense.
    one of the best rules in all of sports. you get rid of it alot of games would just end 0-0 because each team would have 4-5 players playing deep in defense trying not to concede. the offside rule allows defenders to push up.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Absolutely you need to keep offside in soccer. Played it for 6 years, referreed it for 13. Also keeps a team from sending two players to camp inside their opponents 18 just waiting for a big kick.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

green hippo says i came up with a good one
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greenhippo

First 12