DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Thurs ncaab - TWO PLAYS, Road Favs!?

Tonight's card looks pretty weak, but I got my eye on two games: MTU @ Troy and Zaga & BYU. I hate to do this but I'm going with two road favorites tonight!! MTU & GONZAGA

The line right now is gonzaga -5.5, I'm thinking of betting the ML as well just in case this is a close one. In the last meeting between BYU & the Zags,the Zags were straight rolling at half and ended up winning by 20 at home. Gary bell jr. played lock down D & completely shut down Haws - who is avg 20+ pts a game for BYU. In addition, Zaga out rebounded and scored almost twice as many pts in the paint. With the way zaga plays 3pt perimeter defense, (& how BYU relies on 3s), Olynyk & gang will dominate this matchup again.

Now for MTU - they are a team who consistently blows teams out at home and often wins by double digits on the road. Although I don't expect a repeat 52 point win over Troy - yes 52 POINT WIN over Troy last month, I still think MTU can go to Troy and win by 15 or more. The play here is MTU-12.

Thoughts / feedback?

KDF500
    Long time listener, first time caller
    KDF500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1117

I generally believe these plays make sense on paper. MTU is also hoping to be ranked before the big tourney starts and they need to rack up some blowouts in order to help their chances of that happening. I just don't hope they play it soft because they basically wrapped up the conference already... My thoughts on Gonzaga are simple and have been stated already...any team who goes to St.Marys and Santa Clara and blows them both out put should not have a problem with a BYU team who barely won their last game at home vs Utah st by 2..

GL and I'm parlaying both as well as we speak!
    Last edited by KDF500; 02-28-13 at 03:51 PM.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

I bought pts in a parlay: MTU-9 & Zaga ML @ 100/124.

Also got Gonzaga -5 (-110)

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Win on the parlay, push on the zags spread.

Can't believe the zaga game even got that close, they had a good chance to pull away.

Anyways, add that with my UNC bet and I'm 2-0-1 for the day $$$