Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    What a fuking joke 12k to fight in the main event of a ufc card. Should be 100k minimum dana white making more than the fighters that scumbag bald bozo fuk
    That girl is lucky to even be fighting in the UFC.

Kermit

UFC EASILY has more household names now as well, but then again, if you watch Fox, you see UFC commercials every 10 minutes. I used to be pretty big into boxing back in the late 80's and 90's, but I haven't watched a boxing match in years.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    im sure muff eating liz made more than 12k...PPV + endorsements + locker room bonus
    I read that Dana White is furnishing her living room and also bought her a car.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Who are the biggest UFC names outside of Silva...what this guy has achieved is amazing. I know a lot of the older guys, but I am not even sure they fight anymore.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I read that Dana White is furnishing her living room and also bought her a car.
    ya it said that in the article...maybe dana's "locker-room bonus" was a bulldyke even more dyke/manly than her

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    UFC can't sell a million unless they have a WWE wash up be the star of the show...
    Or maybe it is because it costs the average UFC fan $600 a year to order every Pay per View and it isn't in everyone's budget.

I have gone to Buffalo Wild Wings a few times for the UFC Pay per Views and they are packed Wall to Wall. I went for the Manny/Cotto fight(which was the last fight that I remember watching) they were nowhere near as full.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    Who are the biggest UFC names outside of Silva...what this guy has achieved is amazing. I know a lot of the older guys, but I am not even sure they fight anymore.
    Jon Bones Jones

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

and plus boxing been around since the roaring 20's, UFC is still fairly new in the sports world
    People don't usually refer to 1020 B.C. as the roaring 20s, but to each his own.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    People don't usually refer to 1020 B.C. as the roaring 20s, but to each his own.
    get a history lessons dumbass, the first big name athletes were boxers

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    Jon Bones Jones
    you got me there, should have remember Bones. Fun fighter to watch.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

get a history lessons dumbass, the first big name athletes were boxers
    "get a english lessons"

Also, your statement, is completely unrelated to mine.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

"get a english lessons"

Also, your statement, is completely unrelated to mine.
    never heard of ya newb...post some winners then come talk sh!t

YouMama
    Losers Lose
    YouMama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

If most of these fighters don't get paid jack, how can they be professionals and maintain a performance needed to keep this sport at a high level? UFC needs to figure out how to raise more revenues and then distribute some of that revenue to its fighters. UFC needs to fight more overseas.
    you have to win to get paid, just like the real world... sponsorship $, ufc salary, win bonus, ppv share... personally, I think dana does it to get the most out of the fighters... if you get 20k for a fight, then 50k for the win and 50k for "fight of the night", think of how much more you are gonna put into winning then if you just got a gauntee purse, win or lose, like in boxing

the more you work, the more you are worth, just like the real world

Boxscout
    Update your status
    Boxscout's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't understand boxing fans who defend the sport being run into the ground. Pretending that Jon Jones is not 10 times more famous than Nonito Donaire won't change the facts. I guess you somehow take the rise of MMA personally, and see boxing as your team and want to defend it. But you anger should be directed at boxing itself and the scumbags who are sucking the life from it. It's just as much a case of boxing handing it over as MMA taking it. The UFC is run pretty much like an actual sport. Boxing is run like a poorly managed circus.

Casual fans don't give a shit about the nuances that differentiate the sports. They want to tune in a few times a year and see two guys who everyone says are the toughest bash the shit out of eachother in a packed arena full of energy for the full card. They don't want to hear about fights that never happen. They don't want to see fights take place in front of 800 people at some indian reservation. They don't want to pay for an undercard that half the crowd doesn't even bother to show up for. They don't want to see flagrantly corrupt decisions in every other fight.

Those are the reasons why, apart from Floyd and Manny, who will be gone soon, MMA is inarguably much more popular than boxing in the US, especially among non-Hispanics under 40. Denying it won't change anything. Really, nothing you can do will change it. The wheels are in motion. But you might as well be mad at the right people.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

never heard of ya newb...post some winners then come talk sh!t
    You mean like the 38u worth of winners I posted in my thread last week?

How was your week? Oh yeah, Koscheck was a lock. . .

This guy thinks boxing was invented in the 1920's and he's telling other people to get a history lesson.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

WMMA salaries are funny, those poor little girls who got the shit beat out of them by Cyborg in Elitexc and SF probably didn't even get enough money for a doctors visit

Kermit

Georges St. Pierre is a rather large name. Hell, he is an icon in Canada.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

The real reason UFC doesnt sell as many views, is they have events sometimes 3-5 consecutive weeks in a row, and some cards are really weak.

But the main reason is streaming sites such as firstrow and vipbox, are killing these guys. If there's just a couple folks at my place I stream the fights, IF ITS A BIG CARD, AND THERE MAY HAVE ONLY BEEN 5-6 Big cards since UFC 100, than it's sports bar or buy the PPV.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

You mean like the 38u worth of winners I posted in my thread last week?

How was your week? Oh yeah, Koscheck was a lock. . .

This guy thinks boxing was invented in the 1920's and he's telling other people to get a history lesson.
    blah blah blah....38 air bets??? good job bro

Boxscout
    Update your status
    Boxscout's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by beermankirk View Post
    The real reason UFC doesnt sell as many views, is they have events sometimes 3-5 consecutive weeks in a row, and some cards are really weak.

But the main reason is streaming sites such as firstrow and vipbox, are killing these guys. If there's just a couple folks at my place I stream the fights, IF ITS A BIG CARD, AND THERE MAY HAVE ONLY BEEN 5-6 Big cards since UFC 100, than it's sports bar or buy the PPV.
    I think streaming and file sharing actually helps the sport. It allows young/semi-poor people to follow it actively and at least generate some money for it, where they would be shut out of it otherwise. Maybe in the future they buy PPVs. Maybe they just buy the big ones. They support the sponsors and create enough interest to get it on Sports Center.

Nobody ever really says, "that sport looks interesting. I think, instead of watching basketball for free, I'll spend $1,000 a year to check it out and see if I like it."

YouMama
    Losers Lose
    YouMama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I stream them all... but I stream mayweather and Pac Man as well

you are right, there are 2 many of them.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    they didnt sell 500k

lol at anyone believing that
    I doubt they were too far off. My prediction is 400-425ish, maybe a tiny bit more, but definately no less.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Georges St. Pierre is a rather large name. Hell, he is an icon in Canada.
    GSP is currently the number one PPV draw. As a Canadian, its crazy when he fights up here, people who never follow the sport are filling up bars and buying PPVs just to see him, guys penetrating huge up here.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    Mike speaking that real, Dana is a POS

alibaba
    alibaba's Avatar Become A Pro!

make alot of monies

First 12