riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Parlay Hedging Advice

I have this parlay pending...The payout won't be as high as what is listed below because Giants pushed.

The Donskoy tennis match got delayed to tomorrow due to rain, which probably helps me if I hedge. How much do I put on the Red Wings tonight? And if Kings win, how much do I put on Dodig tomorrow? Thanks in advance guys.

Risk To Win Status Wager
    $27.99 $2119.95 Pending 7 Team Parlay
    Win 2/27/13 3:05pm MLB Baseball 963 Los Angeles Dodgers -107* <small>vs</small> Chicago Cubs (Fixed Price)
    Win 2/27/13 3:05pm MLB Baseball 967 Seattle Mariners +101* <small>vs</small> Cleveland Indians (Fixed Price)
    Cancelled 2/27/13 3:05pm MLB Baseball 969 San Francisco Giants -105* <small>vs</small> Los Angeles Angels (Fixed Price)
    Pending 2/27/13 10:05pm NHL Hockey 58 Los Angeles Kings -160* <small>vs</small> Detroit Red Wings
    Win 2/27/13 2:45pm England Soccer 101 Chelsea (ENG-FA Cup) -192* <small>vs</small> Middlesbrough (ENG-FA Cup)
    Win 2/27/13 2:30pm Germany Soccer 138 Bayern Munchen (GER-Cup) -142* <small>vs</small> Borussia Dortmund (GER-Cup)
    Pending 2/27/13 2:00pm ATP Tennis 226 Evgeny Donskoy +140* <small>vs</small> Ivan Dodig

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

I wouldn't hedge it at all but if I did I'd atleast wait untill after the Wings game to hedge.

The payout as is is only around $1000 which is a solid payday but if you hedge now and what would the payout be $350 or so. I'm also not a fan of hedging when the last game is a fairly big dog (+140) so hedging would be betting -160.

I say let it ride and go for the $1000.

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by Stocks View Post
    I wouldn't hedge it at all but if I did I'd atleast wait untill after the Wings game to hedge.

The payout as is is only around $1000 which is a solid payday but if you hedge now and what would the payout be $350 or so. I'm also not a fan of hedging when the last game is a fairly big dog (+140) so hedging would be betting -160.

I say let it ride and go for the $1000.
    Thanks for the input bro. Still something to think about... I'm also going to the Kings game so this should be fun either way.

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Why place a 7 team parlay if you are going to be searching for ways to hedge once you get to 4 wins?

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    Why place a 7 team parlay if you are going to be searching for ways to hedge once you get to 4 wins?
    What kind of question is this? Isn't guaranteed money a good thing?

And I am only asking for input. It doesn't mean I will or won't take it. Thanks for your extremely valuable input that I couldn't do without by the way.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is ALWAYS posted when someone asks about buying out of a 5-7 team parlay a couple games early. Almost always the OP gets offended even though the question if worded more delicately would be very very good advice.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    What kind of question is this? Isn't guaranteed money a good thing?

And I am only asking for input. It doesn't mean I will or won't take it. Thanks for your extremely valuable input that I couldn't do without by the way.
    He's asking about the point of putting in a 7 teamer in if you are looking to try to get out with profit after 4 games.

You're effectively now trying to turn your 7 teamer into a 4 team parlay, except you're going to lose a bunch of juice hedging out. It just doesn't make any sense. Why bet 7 teams in the first place?

riffraff24

I get your guys point. But I think I am just seeing it a different way. To me I am not "making 7 teamers just to buy out at 4". The way I look at it is I set myself up for guaranteed profit regardless of what happens. If guaranteeing yourself money is a bad thing, then I will have to continue disagreeing.

GL all

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Why even think about hedging? Just bet a 6 teamer next time

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

I get your guys point. But I think I am just seeing it a different way. To me I am not "making 7 teamers just to buy out at 4". The way I look at it is I set myself up for guaranteed profit regardless of what happens. If guaranteeing yourself money is a bad thing, then I will have to continue disagreeing.

GL all
    But if you liked the first 4 teams in it, and just played them as a four teamer, you would already have your entire profit. Not having to deal with hedging out and paying more vig.

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    But if you liked the first 4 teams in it, and just played them as a four teamer, you would already have your entire profit. Not having to deal with hedging out and paying more vig.
    Well I appreciate all the advice...

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL all

Riff,

You are buying out of a seven teamer at 4 games to guarantee a profit. The profit would have been bigger and the guarantee would have been 100% if you just made it a four teamer. It would have been done, money in acct. No need to be betting both sides which is in effect what you are doing.

You seem like a real good dude, 90% of the time when these threads happen the OP becomes a defensive A@@hole when people are just trying to be helpful. You on the other hand have been quite the gentleman. I would guess you are a good dude in real life.

Best of luck

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

fukk all these douchebags OP, i dont know why they even waste their time posting anything if they werent willing to contribute something for your cause. gl finding a helpful answer from these assclowns like playersonly and crew

sometimes i feel like im back on 2 plus 2 with all the young pricks thinking they know everything
    Last edited by sourtwist; 02-27-13 at 10:12 PM.

Gee

GL all
    I think you need to stop gambling. You seem to lack the ability to comprehend what you are actually doing. Its surprising, considering how many posts you have.

I reckon I could explain it to my girlfriend and she would get it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RyanLeafOfBets

JonahHFalcon
    JonahHFalcon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

To answer for the OP...

He probably made the 7 team parlay with no expectations of any return...but now seeing that a guaranteed profit is there he wants to cash it out. Been paying my life insurance for 12 years, now they want to buy me out for 4k...I paid in a total of 8k (arbitrary numbers)..damn I want a big screen TV...why didn't I say screw the insurance in the first place? His 28 bucks was probably an amount he was willing and expected to lose, whereas cashing out his parlay now may be a nice sum for him.

From a logical standpoint this makes no sense but for the average gambler it's a whole lot different when the money is right there.

Sorry some of you can only see black and white.

riffraff24

edit: no need to stoop to his level
    Last edited by riffraff24; 02-28-13 at 09:35 AM.

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by JonahHFalcon View Post
    To answer for the OP...

He probably made the 7 team parlay with no expectations of any return...but now seeing that a guaranteed profit is there he wants to cash it out. Been paying my life insurance for 12 years, now they want to buy me out for 4k...I paid in a total of 8k (arbitrary numbers)..damn I want a big screen TV...why didn't I say screw the insurance in the first place? His 28 bucks was probably an amount he was willing and expected to lose, whereas cashing out his parlay now may be a nice sum for him.

From a logical standpoint this makes no sense but for the average gambler it's a whole lot different when the money is right there.

Sorry some of you can only see black and white.
    Thank you for this response. I told everyone I get their logic behind it, yet the child"Gee" wants to act like an internet tough guy for no apparent reason trying to make this a personal issue. We are all here for one reason and that is to help eachother out to make money.

I respect and thank those of you who gave me input without feeling the need to be a douche bag. For the others like "Gee", I truly feel sorry for you that you spend your time behind a computer trying to bring yourself up with know-it-all dickhead responses.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

How often do you win 7 team parlays?

Might as well profit something. ~$400 > $0, maybe he can hedge LIVE, see how the line moves,etc.

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    How often do you win 7 team parlays?

Might as well profit something. ~$400 > $0, maybe he can hedge LIVE, see how the line moves,etc.
    Glad some people see my point. There are options in this scenario is the bottom line... why not explore them

dmiles1021
    YouWager.eu
    dmiles1021's Avatar Become A Pro!

damn you lucked out on that kings game...

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by dmiles1021 View Post
    damn you lucked out on that kings game...
    Yeah but even going into the third I still felt they would at least tie it up to make a game out of it. Kings are on fire right now.

riffraff24

Okay so now that the final leg lost, I would like to ask Gee and others who said hedging was a bad idea, if they still think hedging was a bad idea? I hedged with $500 and that is $500 I wouldnt have seen otherwise. This was a bad decision why?

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    I think you need to stop gambling. You seem to lack the ability to comprehend what you are actually doing. Its surprising, considering how many posts you have.

I reckon I could explain it to my girlfriend and she would get it.
    What's surprising is that if you were in my shoes, and made this same parlay, you'd have $0 to show for it. And I have $500 to show for it. I think i'll keep gambling. Thanks though.

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

What's surprising is that if you were in my shoes, and made this same parlay, you'd have $0 to show for it. And I have $500 to show for it. I think i'll keep gambling. Thanks though.
    Your initial post (the one everyone was giving advice about) was asking how to hedge out of two games, not just the final leg.

riffraff24

Your initial post (the one everyone was giving advice about) was asking how to hedge out of two games, not just the final leg.
    Right...I felt strongly about the Kings so didn't hedge there. But that is besides the point. The comments I was getting here like Gee's, "you should stop gambling" comment is what I am referring to in my most recent post. I came out with $500 on a $28 wager. I would take that every day of my life. And I rarely EVER do parlays. So for some clown to tell me to stop gambling over that is comical to me.

Again - I appreciate all the folks who provided real input. Fuk you to the folks who felt the need to act like they're in high school. Thats all i'm sayin...

riffraff24

How did I know the quick responses from Gee would stop? Weird...

Gee

Nope, actually, didn't even come back to this thread for fear of the stupidity I would be forced to endure... and I regret it.

Glad you got rich. At least you won't need to reload for at least 2-3 days.

Some people will probably never understand this game. I guess if they did, bookies would not exist. We'd all bet $28 to win $500 any day, but you clearly don't get what just happened or what you just did. The concepts are quite advanced I stand by my previous post. I'd wager you've never been limited by any book ever. Your action is obviously welcome.

riffraff24

Nope, actually, didn't even come back to this thread for fear of the stupidity I would be forced to endure... and I regret it.

Glad you got rich. At least you won't need to reload for at least 2-3 days.

Some people will probably never understand this game. I guess if they did, bookies would not exist. We'd all bet $28 to win $500 any day, but you clearly don't get what just happened or what you just did. The concepts are quite advanced I stand by my previous post. I'd wager you've never been limited by any book ever. Your action is obviously welcome.
    LOL you're hilarious. Acting like you know me. I guarantee I make more in a week than you do in a month in salary. I gamble for fun and haven't reloaded in 2 months. But cute attempt at being Nostra-dumbass

Gee

We believe you with great bets like that one. Somehow, I don't think you earn more than me, given your inability to grasp simple concepts, but I'm not getting in a pissing contest about that.

Were you ever going to play the full 7 (turned to 6) teamer?

Or were you always going to hedge out on the last game, which was started well after the others finished and pay some juice after winning the first 5 (assuming one wasn't cancelled)? And therein lies the abject stupidity. What was the point of even including the last game?

riffraff24

We believe you with great bets like that one. Somehow, I don't think you earn more than me, given your inability to grasp simple concepts, but I'm not getting in a pissing contest about that.

Were you ever going to play the full 7 (turned to 6) teamer?

Or were you always going to hedge out on the last game, which was started well after the others finished and pay some juice after winning the first 5 (assuming one wasn't cancelled)? And therein lies the abject stupidity. What was the point of even including the last game?
    Just trust me lil boy. My car is worth more than your life.

Gee

I see someone nominated my post and agrees you should stop gambling.

Please stop being so delusional. You have already embarrassed yourself.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

One guy out of thousands agrees with you so, you cling to it to give credibility to you ignorant posts?
    You're a real piece of work.
    if SBR allowed us members to take your points for your posts you'd never accumulate points.

riffraff24

lol. Hilarious that you guys care so much about me hedging a parlay. You must have very boring lives.

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    One guy out of thousands agrees with you so, you cling to it to give credibility to you ignorant posts?
    You're a real piece of work.
    if SBR allowed us members to take your points for your posts you'd never accumulate points.
    Glad you value points so much. When you go to Vegas do you play in the arcade to accumulate prize tickets?

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

your hedge doesnt have to be exactly half of the winning wager...but this is what you have to ask...how much is is a 6wins ouit of 7 teamer pay?????so if you can guarantee some money to re wager and there may also be a possiblity of getting a middle and cashing in all te tickets

12 Last