BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Resident Sharps, Got a question

Now I know there are a bunch of bigger bettors/small bettors on the site, but ones who do decently well, I'm asking you this... Is having more than out THAT necessary?

For example, I have Heritage/Bovada..

I have -110 or -115 juice on Bovada and got moved off the easy lines, I can't stand how they don't offer MLs on -2, -3, +1.5 etc. I really do not get a better number ever on Bovada compared to Heritage, Bovada gives one free payout per month, and is a nice little book, but is it necessary?

I am reupping with Heritage come March, plus their cash back is a nice little perk, but should I just zero out my Bovada account and add more onto a deposit at Heritage?

I know there are other solid books, YouWager, 5dimes - I've had an issue or two with 5dimes, and I love Heritage...

So overall my question is - Does having a balance at Bovada AND Heritage benefit me in the long run? If so, how much?

BigDeem5

Title should read 'Sharps'.

I believe obvious answer is "It can't hurt, etc."

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

It can't hurt, etc.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sweep

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

depends on your gambling style grinder or shot taker etc..grinder can spread it out better b/c they wont go belly up on one play at a book.

amount of money your going to have in each book... I.e if you only have 600 bucks probably better off keeping it in one account where if you have a few grand spread it out...

lastly, sounds like you play at solid books but who know if they are going to fold up shop tomorrow..

better to only loss 1g then 3 or 4..

basically if you can play at a few and its not a hassle go for it, if it is then dont worry about it

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square
    Cuse4tw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

honestly in your situation deemer id just stick it one out like heritage....get the nice small bonus

keep a little at bovada if u want to grind the pokers

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

If you go multiple, just be careful. After I opened up at my second shop, I found myself betting the same game both places, and betting well more than I intended to on one game.

Personally, I use 5dimes reduced juice for my straight plays, and DSI for my non-open parlays, or if they somehow beat 5dimes price, I'll play it there. A point is like a 4% edge I believe I remember Justin7 saying, so if you can get a half point every game, thats big.

That being said, its the difference between being up $500 at the end of the year, or up $87. It's not really noticeable to the naked eye, but as you said, it can't hurt.

BigDeem5

Thanks guys.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Thanks guys.
    You're welcome Deemer

BON VIVANT
    I think; therefore I am.
    BON VIVANT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 397

I'm a Heritage fan, too. I just can't stand their juiced hockey lines. You seem like you focus on college hoops, so maybe this doesn't apply but just a thought.

Oh yeah and if this is not obvious, comparing lines from different books can sometimes give you an angle if you see something fishy. So maybe don't deposit large into Bovada but enough so you are not running like a bat out of h*ll to deposit if you see something.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

My best advice is to start playing at more "c" and "d" rated books. Before you ask, yes I'm serious. Good luck.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Deemer if you were ever a truly sharp gambler you'd have moved from the USA years ago...

Why do you think Walker has made a successful business from outside his home country??

Gambling in your country is so weaved in -ev government regulation that even if you do win then uncle sam takes 50%!!!

Not exactly a patriotic thing to instill on your own people, now is it??

That to me is -EV if ever i heard of it...
    Last edited by ACoochy; 02-27-13 at 01:39 AM.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Now I know there are a bunch of bigger bettors/small bettors on the site, but ones who do decently well, I'm asking you this... Is having more than out THAT necessary?

For example, I have Heritage/Bovada..

I have -110 or -115 juice on Bovada and got moved off the easy lines, I can't stand how they don't offer MLs on -2, -3, +1.5 etc. I really do not get a better number ever on Bovada compared to Heritage, Bovada gives one free payout per month, and is a nice little book, but is it necessary?

I am reupping with Heritage come March, plus their cash back is a nice little perk, but should I just zero out my Bovada account and add more onto a deposit at Heritage?

I know there are other solid books, YouWager, 5dimes - I've had an issue or two with 5dimes, and I love Heritage...

So overall my question is - Does having a balance at Bovada AND Heritage benefit me in the long run? If so, how much?
    I'd play with 5 shops minimum, I have had up to 20 accounts at various times. In order to consistently get close to market best prices with your selections you need to have plenty of outs. Otherwise you will be limiting your opportunities too often.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

2 outs is not enough. Sharp or no sharp. I have 8 locals in Macau/HK area and a handful offshore as well as Vegas. Finding ones that pay is the tough part. Good luck this season.

alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8012

Why you call sharps and then give a square post

BigDeem5

Well, 8 shops is a little excessive don't you think? And I'm not fukin Billy Walters.

sportsbetwin
    sportsbetwin's Avatar Become A Pro!

What Acoochy said!
    US players are behind to start with. You get shit odds, shit books (with very few exceptions), pay tax on winnings and cant claim losses.
    US players have to be very sharp

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by alukk View Post
    Why you call sharps and then give a square post

Nice work

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by sportsbetwin View Post
    What Acoochy said!
    US players are behind to start with. You get shit odds, shit books (with very few exceptions), pay tax on winnings and cant claim losses.
    US players have to be very sharp
    Who seriously pays taxes on winnings?

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Who seriously pays taxes on winnings?
    I do.
    Anyone bringing in significant funds in a country that taxes gambling winnings should. IRS ain't nothing to joke with.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine Stoop View Post
    I do.
    Anyone bringing in significant funds in a country that taxes gambling winnings should. IRS ain't nothing to joke with.
    Go pick up tickets at the horse track, you can easily offset any winnings with losing tickets, just being lazy really if you're paying taxes on it. And if you're too good for that, offer some kid $10 for every $1,000 worth of tickets he picks up, win win for both of you.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Go pick up tickets at the horse track, you can easily offset any winnings with losing tickets, just being lazy really if you're paying taxes on it. And if you're too good for that, offer some kid $10 for every $1,000 worth of tickets he picks up, win win for both of you.
    i tell my buddies/clients the same thing, good advice. i was at an audit where the irs said "a lot of these tickets look like they've been stepped on" and my client said "so what"

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    whats bad is when they really are your tickets... .. fukking track

deemer... dont take this the wrong way, but it doesnt matter where you have money...they are going to end up getting it all anyways... when you win, they are simply holding it for you until you lose...

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Deemer, aren't you the resident sharp??

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

I rarely have more than 3 books funded

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

The more outs the better. All about getting the best price available.

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Cant beat that cash back bonus at Heritage. ALready up $831 in 2 months.

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

I just bet on soccer, but to ALWAYS hit the better odds, just use as many books as your bankroll allow you to do. (just talking about solid books of course)