masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Got Wolfpack when it was 3.5, bought it down to -3
    SC having issues...NCST gets revenge for last year

odusmykal
    odusmykal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5944

I'm on S.C. money line.. NC State's D was 12th last season in the ACC.. I am aware that you shouldn't judge a team by its previous year, and while i do think they've improved, i'm not convinced they have improved that much.. SC SHOULD have a more stable run game this year with Sherman and Giles, which will take some pressure off Garcia.. If so, it will help tremendously.. If the OL can step up and do their job, mis-directions and play actions will take some attention off Garcia and he'll show his abillities.. I'm not worried at all about SC's D.. With Culliver, Matthews, and Norwood, the D should be solid.. Of course, all this is coming from a SC fan, and I tend to be a lil bias.. If not for that fact, i'd prolly stay clear of this game..

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Anybody have a feel on this game? Only thing I thought of was teasing USC to +10.5. South Carolina is pretty terrible offensively while NC State has it all offensively (for the most part). Defensively, I think NC State should be better this year with 7 returning starters and another year under Tom O'Brien. South Carolina's will be good as well but I think its a push at worst for NC State
    since i got to bet the game and i dont like either team ,this is what i thinking about doing..south carolina is 6 unders first month of season as ncst has had 13of 16 unders on thursday..so im leaning towrds the under

odusmykal

I also like the under, but i'm scared of how many points the defense scores.. SC can cause fumbles, and Garcia is more than capable of tossing an int.. If that is the case on Thursday, both teams D could run the score over easily..

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by odusmykal View Post
    I also like the under, but i'm scared of how many points the defense scores.. SC can cause fumbles, and Garcia is more than capable of tossing an int.. If that is the case on Thursday, both teams D could run the score over easily..
    im waiting to game time to decide ,lol

stats13
    f&ck beted
    stats13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

collegefootballnews.com predicts:

South Carolina (0-0) at NC State (0-0), 7:00 EST, ESPN, Thursday, September 3

Why to watch: Steve Spurrier vs. Tom O’Brien on opening night? It’s not the Chick-fil-A Kickoff in Atlanta, but you could do a lot worse for a mid-week offering. After straddling the .500 mark throughout 2008, both programs are hoping to use this game as a launching pad for an eight or nine-win season. In four years, South Carolina hasn’t broken through as expected under Spurrier, averaging just seven wins and failing to seriously join the SEC title race. A new season brings new hope and an equal number of question marks for a team at a crossroads. North Carolina State enters 2009 with considerable optimism after finishing last year with four straight regular season wins. With two seasons in Raleigh now behind him and QB Russell Wilson fresh off an All-ACC debut, O’Brien believes he has the Pack on the brink of a breakthrough year.
    Why South Carolina might win: The one thing the Gamecocks have consistently been able to do in the Spurrier era is play defense. Even with some losses and a very young secondary, they’ll be a swarming bunch that’s led by All-SEC LB Eric Norwood. Coordinator Ellis Johnson has a month to prepare for a flimsy Wolfpack offensive line, which is bad news for the home team. He’ll throw everything he’s got at the unit, forcing Wilson out of his comfort zone. Now that Stephen Garcia is being given a chance to pilot the offense, he’ll like what he sees on the other side of the field. NC State struggles mightily in pass defense, which will open things up for WR Moe Brown and TE Weslye Saunders.
    Why NC State might win: Wilson. He’s the reason the Wolfpack will have a shot in every game this season. Mature beyond his years and able to make plays with his arm and his legs, he has a knack for making everyone around him better and energizing the crowd. Now, the Gamecock D is perennially feisty, but that secondary is going to be a work-in-progress. With three new starters and freshmen playing an uncomfortably large role, WR Owen Spencer and TE George Bryan could both have big nights on the receiving ends of Wilson’s throws.
    Who to watch: The South Carolina offensive line. Rarely a group that overachieves, this unit needs to give Garcia time and open up some running room for the untested Gamecock backs. That won’t come without a challenge. North Carolina State sports a terrific tandem up front that’ll bring heat from Willie Young and Alan-Michael Cash on the outside and inside, respectively. If forced from the pocket, Garcia will make costly errors.
    What will happen: While Spurrier isn’t at the level he used to be in Gainesville, you still don’t want to give him or his staff too much time to prepare for an opponent. He’s unbeaten in openers with the Gamecocks, including last year’s 34-0 shellacking of the Pack. Sure, State has improved greatly since then, but the middling SEC team always rates an edge over the middling ACC team. The defense, specifically Norwood, will be the key for South Carolina, dominating that Wolfpack O-line and winning the turnover battle. While style points will come at a premium, the ‘Cocks will do just enough offensively to get out of Carter-Finley with a win.
    CFN Prediction: South Carolina 17 ... NC State 13 ... Line: South Carolina -3.5
    Must See Rating: (Mad Men 5 ... NYC Prep 1) ... 3.5 … Free Expert Football Predictions

odusmykal

Thanks for the article, Stats..

Intuitive_Edge
    Bi-Winning +EV
    Intuitive_Edge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

I wish i could go see this game

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

NC st finished the season exceptionally well compared to USC who finished it terrible, with a rookie starter for USC and playing on the road i like NC st to win this game. GL all

stats13
    f&ck beted

I'm on South Carolina +5

and in that article posted above, I can't believe CFN posted an incorrect line, they usually are very accurate in that regard

bypp
    bypp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

I think SC has the small edge on defense, but NC State's offense will pull this one out. I'm in for a small play on NC State (-4.5)

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

under. sc ridiculously low-scoring in september under spurrier.

stats13
    f&ck beted

it pains me to read anyone calling south carolina "sc" ... haha

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Under under under

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Harrison Beck won't be around to throw interceptions so this game will be close. 5 points seems like a lot. It also seems like SEC schools are getting little love on the road

BiffTFinancial

ok, how about scs?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    under. sc ridiculously low-scoring in september under spurrier.
    They play UGA in September which is usually a big defensive battle.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post

They play UGA in September which is usually a big defensive battle.
    good point. that game usually has no more than 2-3 TDs. stephen garcia was born to lead FG drives.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

line up to 5.5 at 5 dimes....... I think teasing South Carolina up to 12.5 is a decent play now. Guys, North Carolina State has an extremely good offense compared to what everybody else thinks of them

stats13
    f&ck beted

I agree with ZBOIZ on the under, which is why +5 seems decent... gotta figure the lower the score, the higher the chance the points come into play if its over 3
    Last edited by stats13; 08-31-09 at 10:44 PM.

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

USC has a couple starters on defense that will not be playing due to suspensions, plus they are starting a freshman at corner.

I like State at home with a better QB, revenge from last year's embarrassing lost, and USC lacks character and maturity they are looking ahead to Georgia.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

there's no way they are looking ahead to Georgia on the first game of the season. If this was a Sun Belt team I'd buy that. Whether or not the players realize this or not this is a MUCH bigger game for Carolina. Look at their schedule. Losing this one could set them up at 1-3 with a tough battle to make a bowl game. State always starts off slow and has had quite a few first game clunkers recently. I like State SU in this one, but w/out a few of their defensive starters I wouldn't take the points.
    Last edited by daneblazer; 09-01-09 at 06:39 AM.

odusmykal

only 2 more days..

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I would not touch South Carolina. They have lost a starting DE and DT. They also lost a lot of depth at WR. N.C. State is going to roll over them. Spurrier is a "has been" coach. He has done nothing at South Carolina. Breaking in a new set of skill players is for games against the likes of Florida Atlantic and South Carolina State, not N.C. State.

TPowell

Spurrier is a good coach but not much to work with at USC.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

i teased SC at +11. gotta start out makin some money somewhere

TPowell

so South Carolina's offense is supposed to be so much better this year AFTER being terrible last year and losing its best WR and two leading backs?

Coaches are very important but they cant be that big a deal like some experts think of USC's new offensive coaches

First 12