BlurredOut
    BlurredOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Losing A Basketball Teaser By 1 Point...

Had George Mason -3 today in a teaser with NC St +11. George Mason won by 2. this is the third time this week I've lost by ONE POINT in a teaser. keep in mind, the opponent they played today (William and Mary), George Mason won by 13 last time against them ON THE ROAD. now at home they win by 2.

how the hell does anyone analyze these things?

does this happen to anyone else a lot? or am I just incredibly unlucky? I'm guessing the latter. I'm a very lucky person in real life, but that doesn't apply to my betting. oh well I guess I'll take the lucky in life instead. still blows to have a 6 point teaser that loses by a point because someone nails a 2 pointer with one second left.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

betting teasers are generally -EV

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Not trying to bust your chops...but the real question is why are you betting college basketball teasers?

BlurredOut
    BlurredOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

I did very well with them when the season started. now I ALWAYS get 1 of 2, with the other one losing by a point or two.

I'm not betting basketball teasers again, I assure you. I just find it absurd how often a missed free throw results in me losing.

I always lose ATS spread too.. guess I'm just using up my bank roll before I lose it all again.
    shortly I'll make a 'fade me' thread. I think I'm 12-20 or something the past month. you'd be wise to fade my picks.

Dkid
    Play to win.
    Dkid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 614

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    betting teasers are generally -EV
    Everything is mathematically -EV or else it wouldn't be offered.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

teasers in basketball are worthless.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2733

Sorry to hear that but I've also found that teasers in basketball give the illusion your getting a fatter line to work with partucularly in your a dog player but the points get eaten up so match faster it seems....The worst is at the end of the game when the fouling happens and you lose by 1 or 2

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Quote Originally Posted by Dkid View Post
    this is not true

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by Dkid View Post
    Bookmakers offer plenty of +EV situations on a daily basis. It's a matter of being able to identify what is +EV and betting it. Basketball teasers are generally going to be less EV than backing those same picks ATS.