govolz
    govolz's Avatar Become A Pro!

should refs be suspended for a couple of games for making an oblivious bad call

anyone see the call where the refs went to the monitor for spurs game?... watched it for two minutes... ball wasnt even close i mean ten inches maybe from touchin manu and give it to the warriors? changed the whole OT...

why dont they suspend refs for making these horrible calls? they suspend and fine players for the simplest things... i can understand a live call being wrong... but to go to the monitor and still miss an obv call???

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

yes, and maybe more games... who blew the seattle green bay call...?

thewhiteguy
    thewhiteguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spurs ML Last leg of 6 game parlay.....40-1

Untied
    Untied's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Same thing happened at the end of the LAL/PORT game.

World Peace hit Batum's arm and went out of bounds. Foul should've been called, but Batum touched it last. And it was Lakers ball after they went to the monitor. Then the same thing happens in the Spurs game, but the refs go the other way. I'm sure they'll be reprimanded, but it'll stay in house.

dodgergabe
    dodgergabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 896

No, the extra pressure would not help them to ref better games if anything it will make them worse. I recommend offering bonuses for well reffed games, if you sucked no bonus. This would motivate them to ref better and let them know when they sucked.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Refs get dropped from 1st grade duties for making mistakes in NRL rugby league quite often.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

Some accountability should be in place.

chevy6
    chevy6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

that is the 6th time this year ive seen refs go to the monitor and make a bad call.....they can't be that stupid

Da Beer Guy
    Da Beer Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!

its called point shaving . ever heard of phil donahue?

nba is fixed man , hate to break it to ya.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Da Beer Guy View Post

Yeah, Phil had a talk show, but I'm sure you are referring to Tim Donaghy.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Frisco

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

The only reason Curry lost control of the ball was because Manu hack his arm as he was dribbling. It was a blatant foul they missed. That's probably why they didn't change the call.

Had Manu not fouled him, Curry wouldn't have lost possession.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Does not matter Bigdof that's not what they were supposed to be looking at. In football lets say if you are reviewing a fumble by a running back you don't go under the hood and notice that you missed the guard holding on the play and change what the call should be based on that! Nba is the most rigged league in all of sports and it's blatantly obvious.... next!

KuLaPhU
    KuLaPhU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 482

Quote Originally Posted by govolz View Post
    anyone see the call where the refs went to the monitor for spurs game?... watched it for two minutes... ball wasnt even close i mean ten inches maybe from touchin manu and give it to the warriors? changed the whole OT...

why dont they suspend refs for making these horrible calls? they suspend and fine players for the simplest things... i can understand a live call being wrong... but to go to the monitor and still miss an obv call???
    the reason why they gave the ball to gs.. Manu did foul steph in the wrist that was a clear foul. it was a fair call steph touched it out of bounce and Manu fouled steph. penalty was offset.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Does not matter Bigdof that's not what they were supposed to be looking at. In football lets say if you are reviewing a fumble by a running back you don't go under the hood and notice that you missed the guard holding on the play and change what the call should be based on that! Nba is the most rigged league in all of sports and it's blatantly obvious.... next!
    This was a little bit different though. Manu's foul caused Curry to lose the possession. I've seen similar calls in the NFL.

Basically Curry was dribbling along and Manu grabbed the arm he was dribbling with so the ball kept traveling until it went out of bounds. The refs obviously saw this and gave the Warriors possession.

In the end, they got the call right did they not? With out the hack by Manu, Curry wouldn't have lost the ball.

KuLaPhU
    KuLaPhU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 482

rigged? only lousy players/bettor used this word. people who lost a lot gambling.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Rigged has nothing to do with our side I did'nt watch the game and did'nt bet it. With the billions of dollars generated annually on sports gambling much of which is in the underworld you are a naive fool to believe it does not happen at times! Donaghey was just the tip of the iceberg just like the people who thought Barry, Sammy, Mark were the only ones probably roiding up in mlb when that story broke lol.

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by Da Beer Guy View Post

That is the funniest thing I have ever read in any posting........Classic. Thanks for the laugh.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Obliviously the answer is yes

govolz
    govolz's Avatar Become A Pro!

i went back and watched the play a few times last night... first curry had lost the ball before manu hit him on the arm. the foul did not have anything to do curry losing the ball.

but that has nothing to do with it... if youre gonna have instant replay you should follow by the rules... and if you cant you should be suspended. you cant go to the monitor to look at a foul but you can for possession call. they saw that manu didnt touch the ball and should be suspended plain and simple.

refs have takin over the game so much by foul calls... for me its made basketball boring... you see hardly any skill shooters in the nba anymore bc you dont have to be one... if you cant hit a shot simple... drive to the basket, uncontrollably loosing the ball if you want and youll get the foul call. now if you even look at a dude wrong the refs will call a foul. so theyve ruined the game in that aspect for me... and now they get to decide the game bc they look at the monitor and say well we may have missed a call... were at golden st also so well give it to them??? its not fair and they should be suspended every time they miss a call like this

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Does Vince McMahon suspend referees for making "bad" calls?

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

NBA isn't fair... understatement of the century

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    The only reason Curry lost control of the ball was because Manu hack his arm as he was dribbling. It was a blatant foul they missed. That's probably why they didn't change the call.

Had Manu not fouled him, Curry wouldn't have lost possession.
    Exactly, i watched the whole game and i thought the game was officiated very well,
    even the announcers noticed the hack on Curry's arm, i was surprised he was able to keep playing

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone notice the clean block by Biedrins on Tim Duncan's shot that was
    whistled a foul? San Antonio went on a 9-0 run after that.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Suspended with or without pay? Gotta hit 'em where it hurts: the wallet. Slap 'em with a fine.