TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Online Poker is Rigged

Maybe not rigged but way less random than live poker

PokerStars Game #32175428539: Tournament #190903112, $3.00+$0.40 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2009/08/28 21:12:46 ET
    Table '190903112 1' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
    Seat 2: alacranco (7365 in chips)
    Seat 4: TPowell1990 (1120 in chips)
    Seat 6: Grilicent (805 in chips)
    Seat 7: wu64squares (4210 in chips)
    TPowell1990: posts small blind 50
    Grilicent: posts big blind 100
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to TPowell1990 [Kh Ks]
    wu64squares: folds
    alacranco: raises 200 to 300
    TPowell1990: calls 250
    Grilicent: raises 505 to 805 and is all-in
    alacranco: calls 505
    TPowell1990: calls 505
    *** FLOP *** [3s Js 9h]
    TPowell1990: checks
    alacranco: bets 400
    TPowell1990: calls 315 and is all-in
    Uncalled bet (85) returned to alacranco
    *** TURN *** [3s Js 9h] [6c]
    TPowell1990 said, "lucky *****"
    *** RIVER *** [3s Js 9h 6c] [Qs]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    TPowell1990: shows [Kh Ks] (a pair of Kings)
    alacranco: shows [9c Qh] (two pair, Queens and Nines)
    alacranco collected 630 from side pot
    Grilicent: shows [Jd Jc] (three of a kind, Jacks)
    Grilicent collected 2415 from main pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 3045 Main pot 2415. Side pot 630. | Rake 0
    Board [3s Js 9h 6c Qs]
    Seat 2: alacranco (button) showed [9c Qh] and won (630) with two pair, Queens and Nines
    Seat 4: TPowell1990 (small blind) showed [Kh Ks] and lost with a pair of Kings
    Seat 6: Grilicent (big blind) showed [Jd Jc] and won (2415) with three of a kind, Jacks
    Seat 7: wu64squares folded before Flop (didn't bet)

thats been the ending to just about every tournament I play

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Must be rigged if you had a bad beat.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

seen plenty of crazy stuff live in vegas last week

TPowell

guy, if I posted all my bad beats in this thread when post for points was going in, I'd be at 100,000

TPowell

also I said maybe not rigged, just way too friendly to action Dr Stalefuk

Kaps
    Kaps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1785

on line poker is rigged for sure .....no doubt about it

every place ive played at ive won in the first 2 weeks and then all of a sudden
    some guys would come on and would suck it all away

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

draw you in at first with a few nice wins... then BAM!!! Gotcha!

biggamerife21
    biggamerife21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2053

Bodog is just as bad as pokerstars.

Intuitive_Edge
    Bi-Winning +EV
    Intuitive_Edge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    draw you in at first with a few nice wins... then BAM!!! Gotcha!
    exactly what happened to me.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Poker's mostly luck, anyone who plays it for awhile realizes that, if it was skill dont ya think doctors and scientists would be sittin at the final tables instead of fukin cocky degenerate gamblers with a bunch of stories of how they've gone broke a dozen times or just programming computers to play online at high stakes poker and rake in a fortune making the perfect play everytime

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

Quote Originally Posted by biggamerife21 View Post
    Bodog is just as bad as pokerstars.
    even worse, im done there only play free rolls once in a while or sbr tournaments, the suck outs are rediculous, thats why to win ya gotta play like a total tard and just be wild, so dumb

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

I think it isn't a matter of it being rigged, but rather perception.

First, you're going to see a lot more hands playing online than you would at a live game. The increased exposure to hands being played means you're going to see a lot more situations unfold that you probably wouldn't see live because you just don't have enough time with players thinking and dealers shuffling.

The second reason, and the bigger one I think, is that with online poker you can't see your opponents. You can't tell if when you push all in with AK and get called by JTs, if the guy is a fat, sweaty retard or has a kid in his lap or what. The inability to evaluate our opponents as we would live is the biggest drawback. When you get bad beat, it's not just because the cards ****ed you over, it's also because your opponent made a very questionable call in the first place.

For instance, I lost today to a guy who called my all ins on 3 seperate draws off the flop, a flush draw, straight draw, and when he has two overcards and an inside straight draw. All 3 plays were absolutely retarded by him, and I would bet anything that if I saw him in person, he probably looked like an idiot

But there's a third thing. Not only can we not see how stupid our opponents look, or how good, it's that they can't see us. They don't know if we're the kind of player who knows what the **** we're doing. Online poker takes away personality and table image, and leaves us wondering "is my opponent the kind of moron to reraise all in with A5o?"

If you're going to play online poker, my advice is almost never commit preflop. Most of your opponents are going to be idiots, and if you are a solid player you can outplay them on flops. Most onine players love leaving it to luck, pushing all in with practically anything and leaving it to luck since they don't know what the **** they are doing. Don't get caught playing Yahtzee with these assholes. See a flop and beat them with solid logic and betting.

TPowell

dr stalefuk where are ya pal?

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Kaps View Post
    on line poker is rigged for sure .....no doubt about it

every place ive played at ive won in the first 2 weeks and then all of a sudden
    some guys would come on and would suck it all away

I will say this does seem to be the standard for online poker, I fukin pwned em at Bookmaker for like a month back end of last year, now I couldnt win a hand with fukin quads there, went from winning every hand to not bein able to buy a hand, I start to think that poker sites are programmed like that, to reel in the new players get em hooked then slam em

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post

First, you're going to see a lot more hands playing online than you would at a live game. The increased exposure to hands being played means you're going to see a lot more situations unfold that you probably wouldn't see live because you just don't have enough time with players thinking and dealers shuffling.

The second reason, and the bigger one I think, is that with online poker you can't see your opponents. You can't tell if when you push all in with AK and get called by JTs, if the guy is a fat, sweaty retard or has a kid in his lap or what. The inability to evaluate our opponents as we would live is the biggest drawback. When you get bad beat, it's not just because the cards ****ed you over, it's also because your opponent made a very questionable call in the first place.

For instance, I lost today to a guy who called my all ins on 3 seperate draws off the flop, a flush draw, straight draw, and when he has two overcards and an inside straight draw. All 3 plays were absolutely retarded by him, and I would bet anything that if I saw him in person, he probably looked like an idiot

But there's a third thing. Not only can we not see how stupid our opponents look, or how good, it's that they can't see us. They don't know if we're the kind of player who knows what the **** we're doing. Online poker takes away personality and table image, and leaves us wondering "is my opponent the kind of moron to reraise all in with A5o?"

If you're going to play online poker, my advice is almost never commit preflop. Most of your opponents are going to be idiots, and if you are a solid player you can outplay them on flops. Most onine players love leaving it to luck, pushing all in with practically anything and leaving it to luck since they don't know what the **** they are doing. Don't get caught playing Yahtzee with these assholes. See a flop and beat them with solid logic and betting.
    EXACTLY.

Powell, I can only argue with your stupid ass in one thread at a time.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

if your just figuring this out than your behind the curb.
    years ago I used to play regulary on "Pokerroom". the shit I seen was rediculous to say the least. I've since played on other sites and its all the same, some worse than others.
    the first time I've played online poker in probally 5 yrs was the other night on the SBR tournament at Bodog. To my surprise it wasnt as bad on Bodog as I remember on the other sites.

I was on the recieving end 1 time though. won about $700 on a hand Xmas Eve 1 yr drunk as hell. 4 of us went all-in on the flop. I had JJ, the others had QQ, KK, AA. Imagine that

mmike032

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    I will say this does seem to be the standard for online poker, I fukin pwned em at Bookmaker for like a month back end of last year, now I couldnt win a hand with fukin quads there, went from winning every hand to not bein able to buy a hand, I start to think that poker sites are programmed like that, to reel in the new players get em hooked then slam em
    there used to be a site like SBR except for online poker. I dont remeber the name but they reviewed all the sites and gave their recomendations.
    At that time there were no recomended sites

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by mmike032 View Post
    there used to be a site like SBR except for online poker. I dont remeber the name but they reviewed all the sites and gave their recomendations.
    www.pokerlistings.com

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by mmike032 View Post

That's pretty bad, there's like fukin hundreds of poker rooms online and they couldnt recommend one ouch, I would think that one of the two biggies FT or Pstars would possibly be legit but having played at Pstars and been rivered half the time idk

GoGoGadget
    GoGoGadget's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3088

what a joke of a thread

mmike032

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    nope thats not it, it wasnt advanced as that one but this was probally 5 yrs ago.
    I do remember they had records of player complaints and the outcomes which usually was nothing.
    They claimed to have proof of sites using shills to drain players funds, along with sites keeping records on players.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Sharp individual ..................

bettilimbroke999

This article about proof online poker is rigged made me laugh

http://www.billrini.com/2004/11/30/p...ker-is-rigged/

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

dont we have this thread about once every couple of weeks???

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

good lord, ive got money spread out all over the online poker sites and they have one thing in common...poker software is keyed towards drawing action. plain and simple. some sites flop straight/flush draws every flop or flop 2pr with a set or make the set on the turn. its keyed towards getting the maximum amount of action on the table so there is more rake for the site.(bodog is the absolute worst ive seen) you dont like people calling your raises or all-ins with garbage cards, then move up in money where they respect your raises and the money means a little more. if you dont wanna do that, multi table more and hope that the bad breaks get evened out with good ones...

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    its keyed towards getting the maximum amount of action on the table so there is more rake for the site.
    That doesn't explain why people complain about tournaments where there is no rake, but still seemingly the same amount of nonsense.

raydog

haha keyboarding...its the same shitty software boss. it doesnt change from cash game to tournament. same not-so-random program. when you say "no rake tournaments", i hope you mean no rake from hand to hand. every single tournament on an online poker site has a pre paid rake or else it is a specified freeroll.

Enogsiwon
    Dead
    Enogsiwon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    also I said maybe not rigged, just way too friendly to action Dr Stalefuk
    In Sit n Gos and Tourneys.. The player with more chips gets the edge.. It's all about turnover.. More tourneys, more money.. Quite simple..

Say you have 2000 chips and I have 1000.. You have AK suited and I have 10-10 all in pre flop.. Even though it's close to a coin flip,, you having more chips makes you about a 70-30 favorite.. Don't believe me? Keep track.. They reward pre flop raising and aggressive play.. These are the keys to beating sites like pokerstars. Small sites with true random results make this even more evident..

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Smart man.

Online poker is not rigged. If you can't handle the variance, maybe you're just not as good as you thinl.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Very well played sir. I couldn't have put it that well myself. Nice hand

ijustwant2bpaid
    ijustwant2bpaid's Avatar Become A Pro!

better change ur title bud, someone just won 6000 points..

Vincepcion
    Fading Tha_Diesel
    Vincepcion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sure the Pokerstars head honcho organizes daily meetings on how they can rig your $3 tournies. Not you specifically TP, but everyone who thinks its rigged (I know you didnt exactly say it was rigged but many on here are).

Seriously guys, Pokerstars/Full Tilt make money by raking pots. They don't make money when YOU specifically lose. Even while you were winning they were making money. Stars/Full Tilt are in a billion dollar industry, why would they fk with your micro limit games?

We all suffer bad beats, so what? Even if the guy has a 1% chance of winning he is still gonna win the pot once out of 100...but since it happened to you NOW it's rigged....cmon now

Not specifically on here, but I love hearing people claim that "garbage hands always win"...if that were the case then why don't you play garbage hands all the time? Isn't that the way to beat the system?

In before the "Vincepcion is an online poker shill working for Full Tilt" claims....lol.

fsugolf
    fsugolf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

wow this hand is so unbelievably standard it's ridiculous to post you got a "bad beat", or "online poker is rigged".....guy had 8 bb's and he got it in pre w/ JJ....wtf do you think he's going to do, fold?

This hand would have played out the same way live or online.....quit bitching and enjoy getting your money in as a 4-1 favorite all day. Major online poker sites have no reason to "rig" games. You lost get over it and move on to you next 3 dollar sng

raydog

like i said...online poker isnt rigged to beat up certain indviduals. the software is developed to draw action on the tables. how people play their hands is up to them. because of the obvious action situations the cards bring, i dont believe any place deals 100% random hands, but i dont think the software plays favorites either.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

What interest me is why the hell you didn't get it all in preflop...

12 Last