easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Looks like Pistorius will get away with it

The South African system is a joke and the way they are handling this case is beyond bad. At this point I don't think he will even do any jail time and once again we see how easy it is to get away with murder as long as your famous and have the money.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

He got bail. Bail doesn't really have anything to do with guilt or innocence. Looks like you've prejudged the case. Not very American.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

I think it could be alot tougher for him since he won't have a jury box full of fans or people to win over. Just one Judge to determine your life, that is scary

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 249

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    The South African system is a joke and the way they are handling this case is beyond bad. At this point I don't think he will even do any jail time and once again we see how easy it is to get away with murder as long as your famous and have the money.
    I think he got Ray Lewis' lawyer

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14055

How the F&ck can they give him bail?

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30294

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    How the F&ck can they give him bail?
    Because the prosecution didn't do a good job of making the case that he is a flight risk or that he may try to influence witnesses. I love how everyone her is a legal expert when these big name trials happen. Blame the Prosecution not the system.

Bostongambler

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    Because the prosecution didn't do a good job of making the case that he is a flight risk or that he may try to influence witnesses. I love how everyone her is a legal expert when these big name trials happen. Blame the Prosecution not the system.
    Never said I was a legal expert there asswipe! Just seems with the money he has that alone would have influence on flight risk. People are held everyday on no bail for cases involving far less circumstances

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

I think his days are numbered.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Seems pretty legit... neighbors haven't said anything. He was sleeping... she came home.... he was scared... thought it was someone out to rob or murder him... he shot the AHole 4 times or so... turn the lights on... it was his wife. Sh#$ happens... just like dropping the soap while taking a shower.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post

Aren't you a bit suspicious about why the prosecution has done such a keystone cops sounding job?

How could the lead investigator sit in the box and say there is no evidence to dispute what Pistorius said in his application?

Doesn't the angle of the bullets cause question about having legs on/off? What about the neighbors calling security about the loud voices? Surely those, and you'd have to suspect many other things, constitute evidence that calls the account into question?

And that's before you ask about the 'errors' in crime scene security and evidence collection.

The one and only thing that makes me wonder if his story might be true, is the Steencamp family seemingly being happy with proceedings. Unless they are under some form of duress to shut up.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Seems pretty legit... neighbors haven't said anything. He was sleeping... she came home.... he was scared... thought it was someone out to rob or murder him... he shot the AHole 4 times or so... turn the lights on... it was his wife. Sh#$ happens... just like dropping the soap while taking a shower.

How many robbers go into the bathroom? You don't even say "babe, is that you"? After all you are holding the weapon.
    Last edited by innovation; 02-22-13 at 11:42 AM.

Bostongambler

I thought they were heard arguing at 1:00am or something like that? I could be wrong.

Optional

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Aren't you a bit suspicious about why the prosecution has done such a keystone cops sounding job?

How could the lead investigator sit in the box and say there is no evidence to dispute what Pistorius said in his application?

Doesn't the angle of the bullets cause question about having legs on/off? What about the neighbors calling security about the loud voices? Surely those, and you'd have to suspect many other things, constitute evidence that calls the account into question?

And that's before you ask about the 'errors' in crime scene security and evidence collection.

The one and only thing that makes me wonder if his story might be true, is the Steencamp family seemingly being happy with proceedings. Unless they are under some form of duress to shut up.
    This isn't CSI Miami, this is South Africa.

South Africa

Colts03
    Colts03's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

why wouldn't someone that rich & famous have security guards or a body guard

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    This isn't CSI Miami, this is South Africa.

South Africa
    Did you read the bit about the 'CSI' team leaving one of the bullets sitting in the toilet bowl?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Colts03 View Post
    why wouldn't someone that rich & famous have security guards or a body guard
    He lived in a security controlled estate. Guards were only a minute away at any time.

Think he would be better to spend money on therapy to get over his paranoia than on a body guard personally.

Optional

Anyone else listen to Pistorius giving evidence today?

Guy sounds half believable whilst his lawyer is asking the questions.

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Still might be tough beating the rap....

From what I've seen, he doesn't have a leg to stand on

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Who the hell thinks there is an intruder in a bathroom ,at night , with a closed door, and doesn't say "who's there" before spraying the door with bullets? He says he told the intruder to "get out" but why wouldn't she respond if she heard that?

His story is complete BS.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by capone1899 View Post
    Who the hell thinks there is an intruder in a bathroom ,at night , with a closed door, and doesn't say "who's there" before spraying the door with bullets? He says he told the intruder to "get out" but why wouldn't she respond if she heard that?

His story is complete BS.
    Oh I agree it's hard to believe his story. But if you listened to him live, being led by his own lawyer, his story sounded plausible. A lot more believable than the way it had been reported his story would go.

I'm looking forward to hearing if his testimony still sounds plausible under prosecution cross examination now.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

what does Nancy Grace have to say about this?

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

its incredible that every site i read nobody wants to nail his asss to the wall. most feel bad for him.....its all about personality in life you could be a lovable guy and also be a rapist and ppl would still like u

or you could be a jerk doing great things for the community but ppl would still hate u

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Only thing that keeps me from calling bs on his story is it's in South Africa

Just about any country in the world and his story would be ludicrous, but South Africa is an out of control zoo these days

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Regardless of innocent or guilty the guy must feel terrible for what he did

6thtime
    6thtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

Quote Originally Posted by Let's Go Rangers View Post
    Still might be tough beating the rap....

From what I've seen, he doesn't have a leg to stand on

I see what you did there

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

manslaughter is what he'll end up with

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

You just gotta' ball your eyes out on the stand and you get set free!

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

this is like the oj trial.

he'll be set free...

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    this is like the oj trial.

he'll be set free...

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

judge is an old black lady. hes all done

if i was on trial and saw anything but a white guy id be terrified

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Looks like a guilty man. Guy crying all over the place. Guy scared as sh#$ right now.

Optional

Looks like a guilty man. Guy crying all over the place. Guy scared as sh#$ right now.
    He was ridiculously evasive when asked simple questions like did you fire the gun on purpose or did it go off accidentally. Maybe 10 times he repeated the same line about not intending to shoot anyone, and being in fear of someone coming out to attack him, rather than answer the question.

Prosecutor was obsessed with where the fan was plugged in for some reason.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5338

No way he does.