lock$mith
    lock$mith's Avatar Become A Pro!

lebron couldnt even wipe mj's azz

First of all, lebron runs from the ball in crunch time. That right there means he comes nowhere close to Jordan. Jordan had the killer instinct to rip hearts out with his game winning shots. Another thing, lebron has been too 3 nba finals and lost 2. When mj went to the finals, he didn't lose. Jordan avg 37 a game in 87-88. Jordan didn't recruit players to play with him. Da bulls built everything thru the draft unlike lebron, wade and bosh teaming up thru free agency. I can go on all day about how lebron isn't in mj's league. Once mike won his first ring, he never lost again. He's got 6 and remember something else. If he didn't take 2 years off, da bulls woulda won 8. Unbelievable that these dumb fukks can think lebron is better than mj. There was only 1 player better than mike. Wilt chamberlain. that's it.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32799

Quote Originally Posted by lock$mith View Post
    There was only 1 player better than mike. Wilt chamberlain. that's it.
    Bill Russell was a five time league MVP, was a 12 time All Star (he only played 13 seasons) won 11 NBA rings in his 13 seasons.
    Think about that, he played 13 seasons, won 11 NBA rings.
    Think about this too, before going to the NBA he led his college team (USF) to back to back NCAA championships.
    In between winning 2 NCAA rings and 11 NBA rings, he led USA to a gold medal in the Olympics, that was when pros weren't allowed to play in the Olympics.

For his career, Russell averaged 22 1/2 rebounds a game, every game, from rookie season to last season.
    22+ rebounds a game ! Every night ! He wasn't a physical freak like Wilt, he was 'only' 6 foot 9 inches.

Russell was to NBA defense what LT was to NFL defense. Redefined it.

Wilt got the accolades, Russell got the rings.

Wasn't Russell as good as Wilt or MJ?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greenhippo

lock$mith

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Bill Russell was a five time league MVP, was a 12 time All Star (he only played 13 seasons) won 11 NBA rings in his 13 seasons.
    Think about that, he played 13 seasons, won 11 NBA rings.
    Think about this too, before going to the NBA he led his college team (USF) to back to back NCAA championships.
    In between winning 2 NCAA rings and 11 NBA rings, he led USA to a gold medal in the Olympics, that was when pros weren't allowed to play in the Olympics.

For his career, Russell averaged 22 1/2 rebounds a game, every game, from rookie season to last season.
    22+ rebounds a game ! Every night ! He wasn't a physical freak like Wilt, he was 'only' 6 foot 9 inches.

Russell was to NBA defense what LT was to NFL defense. Redefined it.

Wilt got the accolades, Russell got the rings.

Wasn't Russell as good as Wilt or MJ?

Nash, Russell was one of the best but was not as good as wilt or Jordan. Russell won all those rings but there were only 8 nba teams in the whole league at that time.( I believe that was around 1960 when the celts went on that run). Wilt averaged crazy numbers. One year he averaged something crazy like 50 pts and 25 boards. He put up unbeleivable numbers consistantly. They even had to change the rules of the game because of wilt. I can go on forever about him too. If there were 8 or 9 teams total in the nba when mj was there, he woulda won it every single year instead of just half the years he was there. You are right though, Russell was very good, but defenitely not as good as mj and wilt.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Locksmith.....

Although I find this thread crude, inarticulate, and practically illegible.......somehow I still agree with your sentiments.

Well done, pal!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsPedagogy

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

It's funny how most Jordan supporters pick the wrong path to argue but they're still right anyway.

Lightbulb

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Nash, Russell was one of the best but was not as good as wilt or Jordan. Russell won all those rings but there were only 8 nba teams in the whole league at that time.( I believe that was around 1960 when the celts went on that run). Wilt averaged crazy numbers. One year he averaged something crazy like 50 pts and 25 boards. He put up unbeleivable numbers consistantly. They even had to change the rules of the game because of wilt. I can go on forever about him too. If there were 8 or 9 teams total in the nba when mj was there, he woulda won it every single year instead of just half the years he was there. You are right though, Russell was very good, but defenitely not as good as mj and wilt.
    i think Russel is better than Wilt. Wilt was just a freak at the time that was so much taller than everyone of course he could do anything he wanted. Locksmith you are correct IMO though MJ did things that Lebron cant do. LJ has more career to go but a lot of work to do if he ever wants to be better than MJ

virtualguru28
    virtualguru28's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol i too agree that the argument is wrong, but the point being argued is spot on

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

I would put MJ somewhere around 6th or 7th all time.
    He was great for sure but he also played during the era
    where super-stardom was being promoted as a marketing tool.
    Also, he was never challenged as physically as the old battle
    axes were. I don't think he had the strength to be the same
    level of star if he played 10 years earlier when the refs would
    allow more.
    I also do not believe the comparisons with Lebron are off-base.
    LeBron is superior to MJ in some ways.
    Last edited by Snowball; 02-19-13 at 09:28 AM.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Disgusting

lock$mith

Snowball, your a fukkin retard
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: virtualguru28, and Luckycharms2012

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Kobe and MJ failed before they started winning rings.

What if Lebron rips off a string of championships? He is the best player on the best team.

celticsboy
    celticsboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1621

Lebron best player of all time. Stop fuking hating. U guys dunt kno shit bout basketball so please stop talking. Im tired of reading all this garbage u guys put on here. If mj played in todays game he would b an average player. I aint saying mj isnt good. But todays game is alot different than what it was. Mj is the bestest troll of all time. Dude needs to stfu and continue making ppl think hes great. Keeps talking shit about lebron making himself look stupid. Hes 50 still talking shit smh. Lebron is def the best player to every play the game.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by celticsboy View Post
    Lebron best player of all time. Stop fuking hating. U guys dunt kno shit bout basketball so please stop talking. Im tired of reading all this garbage u guys put on here. If mj played in todays game he would b an average player. I aint saying mj isnt good. But todays game is alot different than what it was. Mj is the bestest troll of all time. Dude needs to stfu and continue making ppl think hes great. Keeps talking shit about lebron making himself look stupid. Hes 50 still talking shit smh. Lebron is def the best player to every play the game.
    How old are you?

celticsboy

Dunt worry about it. I kno more basketball than u. U guys r all trolls that prolly never pick up a basketball in ur life. Dunt talk shit wen u dont know the game.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    How old are you?
    he puts the boy in celticsboy

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Dunt worry about it. I kno more basketball than u. U guys r all trolls that prolly never pick up a basketball in ur life. Dunt talk shit wen u dont know the game.

Speak English, motherfukker.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

another 19 year old who thinks lebron is better then mj.

Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

ENGLISH ************...DO YOU SPEAK IT???

But for real you probably aren't old enough to know where that quote is from much less old enough to have seen MJ play so please piss off.

BigDofBA

This response says it all. Lol.

MJ was winning titles when you were still sucking your mom's tit.

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

Azzurri
    Azzurri's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Quote Originally Posted by bruins35 View Post
    another 19 year old who thinks lebron is better then mj.
    19??? ummm try again my o/u is 13.5 he lied to get an account (if an age limit is required )

celticsboy

Lol look at all these fools sucking each others nuts. You guys are all fat guys sitting on your moms couch thinking you guys know basketball. Please don't talk scrubs.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Lol look at all these fools sucking each others nuts. You guys are all fat guys sitting on your moms couch thinking you guys know basketball. Please don't talk scrubs.
    facts are facts, Lebron is a diva

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

All i know is... LeBron sucks in late stages of All Star games... unreal.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

sailtics boi done evin no thee propurr weigh two tipe a sintense

Reign Man
    Reign Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

If mj played in todays game he would b an average player
    this right here proves you know nothing about the game of basketball, just leave this thread and save yourself the embarrassment

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

First Bron thread in a while that isn't a bunch of bullshit.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Chamberlain better than MJ? lol.

Chamberlain not even close to Hakeem. Chamberlain is lucky if he's in the top 10-15 of all time, put it that way.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Chamberlain better than MJ? lol.

Chamberlain not even close to Hakeem. Chamberlain is lucky if he's in the top 10-15 of all time, put it that way.
    Chamberlain not even close to David Robinson

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Chamberlain not even close to David Robinson
    david robinson not even close to tim duncan

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6765

First of all, lebron runs from the ball in crunch time. That right there means he comes nowhere close to Jordan. Jordan had the killer instinct to rip hearts out with his game winning shots. Another thing, lebron has been too 3 nba finals and lost 2. When mj went to the finals, he didn't lose. Jordan avg 37 a game in 87-88. Jordan didn't recruit players to play with him. Da bulls built everything thru the draft unlike lebron, wade and bosh teaming up thru free agency. I can go on all day about how lebron isn't in mj's league. Once mike won his first ring, he never lost again. He's got 6 and remember something else. If he didn't take 2 years off, da bulls woulda won 8. Unbelievable that these dumb fukks can think lebron is better than mj. There was only 1 player better than mike. Wilt chamberlain. that's it.
    LeBron is bigger and he averages more rebounds and assists because he likes to pass the ball instead of taking critical shots. LeBron plays in a different era where its even harder to win...its hard as hell to win the East recently with all the monster teams. LeBron plays the game for fun, he doesn't have the competitive drive of MJ or the killer instinct.... he just likes to have fun. LeBron crapped himself after letting Cleveland down so long, but he is knows how to be the man and he knew to save face and go to hot spot Miami and join his buddy Wade plus company so he could get a ring or 2 and be seen as a legit top 5, top 10 or whatever. LeBron will also play more seasons and have more total stats than MJ... so of course that makes him better too.

LeBron is more artistic with his dunks and moves on the court, more fluid... he doesn't just do the same break away dunk 9 out of 10 times.

Its not funny to poke fun at the man just because he was good enough to get through a tough East but then get swept away out of the Finals looking a fool.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Fuk MJ. We've been blowing smoke up that ingrate's butt for way too long.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    david robinson not even close to tim duncan
    yeah they are

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

yeah they are
    outrageous

lock$mith

Topmoron, the east is more difficult now? Are you crazy? Jordan had to go thru the champion pistons. Larrys celts. Those 2 teams right there are better than the whole current east conference. Then you had the cavs with a spectacular squad. Dominique and the hawks. The knicks with a tough front line. You really are a moron. Mj had to go thru a shyt load of hall of famers year in and year out

12 Last