k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    The Garden would sell out a badmitton game....the Palace in Detroit aint Madison Square Garden in Manhattan. A decent apartment in Manhattan goes for a couple mil, a house in Detroit goes for 50 bucks on Ebay.

You know in a weird sense of irony it would actually cost more to buy your daughter a doll house than it would a real house in Detroit
    The Garden can't even sell out Knicks tickets. lol

Just recently in 2009 the Palace out sold the garden.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

The Garden would sell out a badmitton game....the Palace in Detroit aint Madison Square Garden in Manhattan. A decent apartment in Manhattan goes for a couple mil, a house in Detroit goes for 50 bucks on Ebay.

You know in a weird sense of irony it would actually cost more to buy your daughter a doll house than it would a real house in Detroit
    Speaking of homes. A guy I use to go to grade school with... purchased a foreclosed home in Detroit for 8k. 2,800 square feet. He put about 15k into it. (I thought he was crazy) but it's right near the Detroit River. Did all 3 floors. Low taxes... claims there's no crime around him.) I thought he was smoking crack. Says it's different living there... but he has adjusted. He's 35 years old... he said... why in the hell should I pay high taxes else where? Why should I have a house payment? I don't know about all that?

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Speaking of homes. A guy I use to go to grade school with... purchased a foreclosed home in Detroit for 8k. 2,800 square feet. He put about 15k into it. (I thought he was crazy) but it's right near the Detroit River. Did all 3 floors. Low taxes... claims there's no crime around him.) I thought he was smoking crack. Says it's different living there... but he has adjusted. He's 35 years old... he said... why in the hell should I pay high taxes else where? Why should I have a house payment? I don't know about all that?
    Detroit in particular is an incredible buyer's market as its economy is in absolute shambles so maybe your friend did find a great value. Having been to Detroit though the place looked like a giant ghetto to me but theres gotta be some decent areas I would imagine.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Bullshit Knicks tickets are one of the most expensive sports tickets you can buy....the cheapest seat to a game like the Heat @ Knicks will run you over 200 bucks and that's basically sitting on the ceiling...thats fukin insane, here in Memphis you could watch the Heat play for 30 bucks in a decent upper deck seat all day long.

Sure when they play the Bobcats on a Tuesday night they dont sell out but if the Pistons played the Bobcats you could probably get courtside seats for 5 bucks

To even compare the Pistons value to the Knicks is comical....send me as many Heat vs Knicks tickets as you want anywhere in the building and I'll give you a 100 a piece for em and at least double my money on stubhub....send me a bucket of Piston tickets and I wouldnt give ya 5 bucks
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 02-15-13 at 07:39 PM.

reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Yeah that's absolute BS. I went to a Pistons game at the Palace (I'm a Bulls fan from Chicago). I think they were playing Indiana that night. Nonetheless, the crowd was very light, and our nosebleed tix that night literally cost like like 5 bucks or something insanely low. We grabbed em off Stubhub. Knicks tickets I'm sure were selling well back then, and ever since Linsanity and Carmelo, Knicks tickets have remained the #1 high priced tickets in the entire NBA by far. Way more than LA, Chicago, Miami, etc. And they're always sold out and filled to the brim at the Garden. I've been to a lot of Bulls games in Chicago, and they do well with ticket sales as well but the crowd is hella boring compared to NY and the Bulls fans that travel to road games. The more blue collar type Bulls fans that travel to Milwaukee to see the Bulls @ Bucks are way more vocal than the boring, conservative country clubbers at the United Center.

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I should go to a game soon. Haven't been to one in years. Pistons had something like 350 consecutive sell outs too when they were good.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

NY must be #1 this year!?

reppin_the_847

There's a HUGE difference between tickets sold and actual asses in the seats at the Palace. A ton of tickets are free giveaways that people never even use. The Pistons are notorious for fudging the numbers on attendance. They might announce 10K-12K in attendance for a given game this season but in actuality you got like 3K-5K actually sitting in the building. Guarantee you that there were more people physically in the building in NY & Chicago in 2009 than in the Palace of Auburn Hills. You can't trust those fudged reported numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post

reppin_the_847

I'm familiar with the Garden (in NY), and extremely familiar with the United Center (in Chicago) where I've been to many games. Bulls are #1 on this chart obviously because the United Center has a larger capacity than NY's Madison Square Garden. But believe me, both stadiums are sold out and pretty packed. There is absolutely no disputing that the NY Knicks have the #1 highest ticket prices in the aftermarket (ie. Stubhub, etc.) this season.

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

NY must be #1 this year!?

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

The Pistons and Kings are two franchises that have no clue how to rebuild. I guess you could add the Bobcats to that list too. Either way, the general managers of these teams are clueless.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15015

Money & bettill are onto the issue.
    The Pistons are the least of that cities problems.
    It's sad.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

The pistons aren't in Detroit though. Auburn Hills and the surrounding area is a complete 360 of what Detroit is. People can afford to go to the games, they just don't want to.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

been to the palace 100's of time for various events. never seen it that empty.

k13

Bullshit Knicks tickets are one of the most expensive sports tickets you can buy....the cheapest seat to a game like the Heat @ Knicks will run you over 200 bucks and that's basically sitting on the ceiling...thats fukin insane, here in Memphis you could watch the Heat play for 30 bucks in a decent upper deck seat all day long.

Sure when they play the Bobcats on a Tuesday night they dont sell out but if the Pistons played the Bobcats you could probably get courtside seats for 5 bucks

To even compare the Pistons value to the Knicks is comical....send me as many Heat vs Knicks tickets as you want anywhere in the building and I'll give you a 100 a piece for em and at least double my money on stubhub....send me a bucket of Piston tickets and I wouldnt give ya 5 bucks
    Leafs tickets are more expensive on average than Knicks tickets so wrong again.

What is pathetic is the biggest city with a team winning can't sell out every game, who cares who they play.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
    There's a HUGE difference between tickets sold and actual asses in the seats at the Palace. A ton of tickets are free giveaways that people never even use. The Pistons are notorious for fudging the numbers on attendance. They might announce 10K-12K in attendance for a given game this season but in actuality you got like 3K-5K actually sitting in the building. Guarantee you that there were more people physically in the building in NY & Chicago in 2009 than in the Palace of Auburn Hills. You can't trust those fudged reported numbers.
    Most tickets in big cities are corporate giveaways. No one cares if those people never show up. Tickets were sold.
    Same with season tickets, people don't go to every game especially when the team sucks, bad weather, other things to do.

Counting people in the crowd is for little kids. Irrelevant.

Chicago was empty shit in the early 2000's yet all these attendance numbers are showing 20k people and the Bulls don't fudge numbers?

TheMoneyShot

Another angle to this photo... look at the far side... completely empty. Now, look at the near side... looks fuller? Also, the benches are on the near side too. For TV networks like Fox Sports Detroit... maybe they are told to fill one side of the arena first... where the cameras are shooting so the arena looks filled? Quite possibly there are more on the near side? But again... it's still an awful thing to see... an arena... 80% empty.

bettilimbroke999

Baseball does the same shit, last year I watched a Marlins game and THE SAME GUY caught either 2 or 3 HR balls in ONE GAME....they just hit HRs and he would go walkover and pick them up...naturally the stadium claimed to be 70% sold out....yea right there was one ************ in like 4 sections just walkin around pickin up HR balls
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 02-16-13 at 11:21 AM.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Los Angeles always sells out..

Michigan

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47713

Crap......I'm goingto an Edmonton Oilers game a couple days......the prices have gone up. I'm taking kids too....they are under 4, and will probably spend $200 each for us from a scalper. Fcukme

Anyone know a good site to buy them off???

Thanks.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15015

kijijji
    Points Awarded:

Marigold HD gave Jayvegas420 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47713

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    kijijji
    Good call....thanks

TheMoneyShot

layout4payout
    layout4payout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

that is depressing, even though i know it wouldn't happen, when i see a pic like that, it makes me think the nba could go outta business.

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

Yeah < Canadian NHL cities tix are up there.. Vancouver Canucks upper bowl are $60- $125 regular price, Lower Bowl $130-$450, and have sold out 500 straight games. Scalped tix to a playoff game or better are usually double to triple, and still sell.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Been looking at craigslist daily and amazed at the deals. I'm looking at the apartment complexes at 1.5K per unit. Would love to live with another 25 to 60 like minds. There is one currently that I really like by woodward & 7 mile rd and another by state fair.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Went to game monday night against atlanta and enjoyed it greatly. We did sit directly behind Joe Dumars.

I have acquired a suite for Friday march 8th against dallas. Final should be around 120 to 80.
    You guys are invited and cost will depend on what food/drinks we order. Suite is on me.
    Last edited by no1here; 02-27-13 at 04:57 PM. Reason: edit date

bettilimbroke999

I dont mean to be rude but I believe you're in my seat

Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 03-18-13 at 04:33 PM.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

I just watched them against the Knicks. There was way more ppl than that. I moved all the way down to the 2nd row though. I'll watch any NBA game if I'm that close. Doesn't matter who's on the court. I was calling out plays and shouting at mismatches like I do all the time. Everyone always looks at me like I'm nuts, even the players.

Go have fun watching Indiana or Duke play. Watch some athletes play that wouldn't even get playing time on the pistons... NCAA is a joke. I dont' care if you're watching the Wiz vs. the Bobcats, those guys on the court could go into an NCAA college game and drop 30 with their eyes closed.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3177

^ I will would rather watch an IU/Duke game any day than highly paid athletes playing a meaningless NBA Game.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    ^ I will would rather watch an IU/Duke game any day than highly paid athletes playing a meaningless NBA Game.
    well you won't see anything that can't be done in a pick up game in some parts where I grew up. If that's what you like, then whatever. I want to watch things I can't see elsewhere.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3177

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    well you won't see anything that can't be done in a pick up game in some parts where I grew up. If that's what you like, then whatever. I want to watch things I can't see elsewhere.
    Got your drift. I prefer defensive minded, half court Ball. The kind you see in the NBA playoffs, and not the regular season between 2 teams going nowhere.

reppin_the_847

It's too bad the Michigan State vs. Valparaiso NCAA tournament game on Thursday is at such an awkward time. The place would be absolutely packed with MSU fans if it was a night game. I have a feeling though that it will still be a solid crowd. Probably will have more people in the seats than a Pistons game. Tipoff is Thursday at 12:15 PM Eastern @ the Palace of Auburn Hills.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

It's too bad the Michigan State vs. Valparaiso NCAA tournament game on Thursday is at such an awkward time. The place would be absolutely packed with MSU fans if it was a night game. I have a feeling though that it will still be a solid crowd. Probably will have more people in the seats than a Pistons game. Tipoff is Thursday at 12:15 PM Eastern @ the Palace of Auburn Hills.
    Why not make them all at night? Stupid fukks. I live a hop, skip, and a jump from the palace but a thing called work happens.

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Quote Originally Posted by Microphone View Post
    It's because they're all at the Red Wings game. In more major cities that have both leagues, the NHL is at least close to even in attendance and buzz. That's real crowd buzz, not the buzz ESPN makes up. Lucky for the NBA that it has a loyal betting following or they'd be off the map.

Based on % to capacity 11-12 NHL vs 10-11 NBA, the last full seasons for each league:

Detroit: NHL
    Chicago, basically even, buzz according to my friends there slight edge to Hawks.
    Dallas NBA
    Miami NBA
    New York Even
    Boston See Chicago. I live here in the Massachusetts. Boston is a hockey town.
    Los Angeles NBA
    Phoenix NBA
    Denver NHL
    Washington NHL
    Toronto NHL
    Minneapolis/St Paul NHL
    Philadelphia NHL
    New Jersey NHL Brutal market. Both could be in first place and they don't draw.
    (San Jose-Golden State) Edge NHL. Up for debate.

Atlanta NBA when the Thrashers were there, but it was slight. Bad sports city that mimics Florida franchises with a bunch of transients.

In close but no cigar markets....Carolina over Charlotte Edge NHL Nashville over Memphis Edge NHL Cleveland over Columbus Edge NBA. Orlando over Tampa Bay Edge NBA. Slight. San Jose

Mark Cuban's message still rings true today:

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/colum...ge_to_nhl.html
    Lightning have played to a sellout crowd every game this season

First 123 Last