MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Why do threads that were LOSERS raise to the top much more than the WINNERS?

If someone says something and the complete opposite happens, everyone comments repeatedly, mainly bashing the poster on how stupid they are...

But if someone makes some really solid predictions that turn out to be winners, the thread sinks to the bottom because everyone would rather bash the losers than congratulate the winners...

We want winners guys so try to support them and let the losers be losers...

Points Awarded:

PremierWagers gave MJT1212 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 5 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie, JayLA, shari91, Mikeyanks23, and fitguy67

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Cokiness, know-it-all attitude posting a loser = bashed hard.

It's all about the 'tude

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

yes

we want to see guys getting burried so we dont feel so bad about our losses for the night

you know how it is

your sweating out one last game, if it wins your only down a little, if it looses your down a bit more but of course not nearly as much as last week when you couldnt buy a winner

so, you want to come in here and find some guy getting absolutely crushed so you dont feel so bad about your losses

like if i have a losing day, let's say 6-8, down a couple units, a couple bad beats, a couple bad picks, etc etc but i come in here and see BIGDAY went huge on some big ten game and lost, i will feel a lot better, especially since i have met him personally so it feels more "real"

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28986

because SBR is mainly a bunch of brokk dick losers and childish posters that arent able to wager anything themselves so all they do is troll all night when others lose

its pathertic and embarrassing, but its a fact...these same losers sually never post any picks of their own

thats the main reason anyways
    Last edited by 5mike5; 02-14-13 at 07:53 AM.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Dumbasses tail, lose, then don't take responsibility for their own actions and blame others.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Seems like most around here have some sort of grudge against someone for something. Also they want to spread their misery makes them feel better. its sad actually but its how people are. good point though OP

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Posters with credibility that select a losing bet get left alone or get one of these 'tough break dude, better luck tommorow'

Posters that are self serving blowhards that waste bandwidth with 'lock of the century' in bold type that don't know what they are talking about that pick a losing bet get this 'nice call slick' or a few of these

SBR nation loves to jump ugly on douches.
    I am guilty of this too.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1794

Like that everywhere, bad news > good news.

Mass shooting/huge car accident > Someone saving someone's life
    Celebrity doing something "bad" > Celebrity doing something "good"

Human beings are pathetic, that's all.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Like that everywhere, bad news > good news.

Mass shooting/huge car accident > Someone saving someone's life
    Celebrity doing something "bad" > Celebrity doing something "good"

Human beings are pathetic, that's all.
    Sometimes humans are not pathetic, but just curious.

I feel bad for the people involved in a 9 car pileup, but I also have this urge to look and see the gore.
    Doesn't make me pathetic. Makes me curious.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

lot of older posters here were losers and bullied at school as kids and continue to get bullied by bosses and the internet is the place for retribution.

lot of younger posters are amidst the same losing at life problems or they are Bullies in real life, and this is just what they know.

but hey I guess if this place was all nice guys like LT Profits and boner18 it would be a boring place

Da Beer Guy
    Da Beer Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!

same reason people watch Fox News.

Some people get their rocks off by being negative.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Da Beer Guy View Post
    same reason people watch Fox News.

Some people get their rocks off by being negative.
    Works the same way about people who watch the liberal news stations too, like CBS, ABC, CNN..............

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

It's simple psychology....

you're driving down the road, you dont stop to look at the guy who's driving straight, not breaking any laws.....but we break our necks to see who failed miserably at driving and how...is he hurt "aww, bad for him" while inside we're like "PHEW thankfully wasn't me."

im an unknwon here but when i made a post about betting on a horse......and lost... IT WAS PHUCKING HILARIOUS. oh my god! this kid lost a horse bet LMAO hahahahahahaha

but when i post a winning thread, i get one post saying "ehhh, you got a bad number."

i can care less cause I realize most of these fukks are losers and just want to know there are other losers..

it's like the saying, misery loves company.

i truly wish everyone luck in busting their bookie.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Some sad people in this world. But furthermore... it's gambling... most people lose. = More losing stories. You don't see that many winning streaks.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    if this place was all nice guys like LT Profits and boner18 it would be a boring place
    true, very true...

and a hell of a lot easier to navigate (threads are like DNA...over 90% of it is "junk filler")