DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Why MSU wins the game of the year tonight

This really is the game of the year tonight. Aside from the obvious rivalry fuled by hatred among the fans, this is the 1st ever matchup between MSU & UofM where both teams are ranked top ten. It's the first matchup this season between two 20-win teams. Michigan is off to its best start in the school's history. But now, the target is on Michigans back, unlike in years past.

Home court advantage: The Breslin will be rockin tonight. ROCKING. The Breslin center is one of the hardest gyms to play in in the big ten, arguably behind IU's Assembly Hall and Minnesota's Barn. Obviously home court has been huge this season in the B1G. UM lost its last 2 on the road, and barely avoided a 3-game losing skid. Meanwhile, MSU is undefeated at home this season.

Coaching advantage: Izzo > Beilein. Nuff said.

Guard advantage: I'll give this to Burke as the kid is a phenom. But we saw what happens when he takes 25 shots a game - he can't carry the whole team on his back. Also, I fully expect Harris to match UM's 3-pt performance.

Big men advantage: "...It's a must-win game." -D Nix. In about 10 hours from now, Nix will be updating his twitter to read 'R.I.P. ta da competition' as he does after every spartan victory. Nix, Payne and Dawson have the athletic advantage as well as experience over mcgary and GRIII, and Morgan who is hurt. I really think this bruiser of a game comes down to points in the paint and rebounds, where Spartans excel.

Lets look at MSU@IU. Msu lost by 5. Give 3 pts (conservatively) for home court. Tell me if appling played he isn't worth more than 3 pts over Trice. Msu would win that match with appling playing the whole match. However, UM got outplayed @IU and lost by 8, with a great performance from their starting PG. UM has struggled on the road and against strong opponents, and I see those trends continuing tonight.

Prediction: MSU 68 UofM 62

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

qb1789
    qb1789's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

I like it. Wish I was as confident as you. I am seeing something a bit closer....final possession game.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Izzo is a great coach, can they stop Burke?

Which Payne shows up?

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

If it comes down to the last possession, I'm HIGHLY confident msu wins. The last two UofM games they had last possession and showed true inexperience and weak coaching, jacking up deep 3s against OSU & wiscy.

Last year MSU held Burke & hardaway under 15 combined I believe, keeping them both to low percentage as well.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Also - I added up the vegas odds of margins of victory and found the following:

Odds of MSU Winning or losing by 2 or less = 0.82.
    Odds of UofM winning by greater than 2 = 0.73.

If you can get msu+2.5 that's the best but I got msu+2.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Can you say BLOW OUT!???

MSU had guys not even on their roster playing the last minutes of this game. Total domination. Sparty can play up to any stage, and the wolverines are officially overrated.

Tonight's (5 unit) win puts me at 8-2 this week.