TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Attention: College Basketball fans

If you watched ND/UL.... This is how Butler beats top level teams with inferior talent. The top teams are all filled with idiots and poor coaches.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

You hit that on the nail head.

TPowell

when you fill your brackets out, make sure to remember teams that can't close. LOUISVILLE is the case study here. Unless they drastically change in a month (unlikely), they will go into March as a team who CAN'T WIN CLOSE GAMES. Those teams go home early

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Saturday late TV game enough said

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Doesn't seem like any top teams can close. Miami is looking like the top team at the moment.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post

congrats, your team finally took a game from a team TRYING TO LOSE after 5 overtimes

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Doesn't seem like any top teams can close. Miami is looking like the top team at the moment.

Duke can close, Michigan and Indiana aren't awful closers.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Ville will be fine. This shit levels itself out.

There is not an untouchable team. Ville can win as easily as 20 other teams.

Deal with Russ Smith though.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Ville will be fine. This shit levels itself out.

There is not an untouchable team. Ville can win as easily as 20 other teams.

Deal with Russ Smith though.

There is no dealing with an out of control ball hog. This team WILL NOT make the Sweet 16 without favorable matchups

ChalkyDog

Zona.

Lost one game they shouldn't because the prima-donna's at UCLA decided to play.

6 in RPI
    Top 10 SOS
    Rocked Miami by 19 on a neutral court. (The Reggie Johnson thing only has Merit, if you are willing to believe that Miami would rail Duke by even more if he actually played a significant role when they played).

Keep in mind the PAC has a winning combined record vs. the other 5 major conferences. Also has a combined winning record vs every conference rated ahead of them in RPI.

One thing they can do is win close games consistently this year. Only thing keeping them from dominating is the constant spotting of opponents 10-15 pts to start the game.

The only Knock on Arizona was they haven't won their games "well enough". I.e against Florida and Colorado. There is a lot to be said about being able to win when you play ugly. As the recent weeks has pointed out.
    Last edited by ChalkyDog; 02-09-13 at 11:59 PM.

GOIRISH

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    congrats, your team finally took a game from a team TRYING TO LOSE after 5 overtimes
    Ya "trying to lose" keep telling yourself that. louisville got out played.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    Ya "trying to lose" keep telling yourself that. louisville got out played.
    lol did you watch the same game I did? It took you 5 overtimes to beat a team who can't CLOSE. I wouldn't have been happy if UL won this game anyway. Shitty game

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Zona.

Lost one game they shouldn't because the prima-donna's at UCLA decided to play.

6 in RPI
    Top 10 SOS
    Rocked Miami by 19 on a neutral court. (The Reggie Johnson thing only has Merit, if you are willing to believe that Miami would rail Duke by even more if he actually played a significant role when they played).

Keep in mind the PAC has a winning combined record vs. the other 5 major conferences. Also has a combined winning record vs every conference rated ahead of them in RPI.

One thing they can do is win close games consistently this year. Only thing keeping them from dominating is the constant spotting of opponents 10-15 pts to start the game.

I don't see it Chalky. Lot of talent but too young

Cuse0323

The leads Zona gives up at the beginning of games is mind boggling, I think they have the talent to be the top team but half the time they look lost out there.

TPowell

I really think Butler cuts down the nets this year. Unless the selection committee penetrates them, they match up well with ANY team almost.

Cuse0323

The Syracuse Zone will win it all this year if we get Dirty South back, no team has shit for offense and we force you to shoot threes and force turnovers. Once James is back, the offense will be back as well. No other 6'6 point guards leading the way, leading the nation in assists and the ability to defend and score. Kiss the ring, come April.

ChalkyDog

I don't see it Chalky. Lot of talent but too young
    They're a mind fukk. With all the bullshit I just said, I think them laying 13.5 against Cal tomorrow is asinine. I can't explain it.

No dominant team. The way the bracket falls with say a lot. If anyone gets anything resembling the Kansas cakewalk to into April of last year, it wont matter.

Right now I think Wisky and Illinois might be 2 of the toughest outs in the dance.

TPowell

The Syracuse Zone will win it all this year if we get Dirty South back, no team has shit for offense and we force you to shoot threes and force turnovers. Once James is back, the offense will be back as well. No other 6'6 point guards leading the way, leading the nation in assists and the ability to defend and score. Kiss the ring, come April.

I'll guess a Sweet 16 or Elite 8. No Final 4 though. A sharp shooting mid major team could very easily knock the Orange out early IMO.

Cuse0323

I'll guess a Sweet 16 or Elite 8. No Final 4 though. A sharp shooting mid major team could very easily knock the Orange out early IMO.
    Wouldn't be surprised at all but this years team has won close games and has the D to carry the way. For Syracuse it's all MCW and Triche, if they shoot well, we win and if they're off it will be a battle. C.J. Fair is also one of the quietest top players in CBB. I wouldn't take much from the regular season this year, Louisville still has as good a shot as any though I really wouldn't trust Siva.

TPowell

Wouldn't be surprised at all but this years team has won close games and has the D to carry the way. For Syracuse it's all MCW and Triche, if they shoot well, we win and if they're off it will be a battle. C.J. Fair is also one of the quietest top players in CBB. I wouldn't take much from the regular season this year, Louisville still has as good a shot as any though I really wouldn't trust Siva.
    I don't see it, This UL team CANNOT CLOSE GAMES. Unless they get up big and hang on, they can't beat elite teams

Cuse0323

I don't see it, This UL team CANNOT CLOSE GAMES. Unless they get up big and hang on, they can't beat elite teams
    Yeah I don't see it either but figured I'd be nice. Siva can't do much with the offense around him. Dieng, Behanan are good but not really threats offensively. It's really either Smith or Siva. Blackshear needs to give them something offensively and Hancock can't be chucking threes all game.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone can win it this year more than ever before in recent memory......About 30 teams that can each beat eachother any given game

So much parity, total crapshoot......Gunna be a 1 seed, a 4 seed, a 6 seed and a 9 seed or some shit in the final 4 and it's pretty much impossible to pinpoint em at this point

See who gets hot around conference tourney time and ride em through the tourney is all you can do this season

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

It took you this game to figure this out? They three game skid with Siva non existent told it all.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

lolz...arizona luckboxed a few games or they wouldnt even be ranked.. they are a 1 and out, 2 if they get more ref help and have overachieved like a mofo...the so called "great coaches" have proven to be asshats who cant control their talent (mich/ind)...butler doesnt have the athletes and nobody in the country wants to play miami...bottom line

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    lolz...arizona luckboxed a few games or they wouldnt even be ranked.. they are a 1 and out, 2 if they get more ref help and have overachieved like a mofo...the so called "great coaches" have proven to be asshats who cant control their talent (mich/ind)...butler doesnt have the athletes and nobody in the country wants to play miami...bottom line
    ive been fading arizona and oregon all conf season long

now tomorrow......13.5??????? is there something i'm not getting here?? 13.5? how can you not take cal big?

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

That was the best game I think I have ever seen. You had the Irish with their best two players fouled out make a double miracle to come back and tie it. With all there stars fouled out it was up to the stiffs come through in OT. What made the game so great was all the dumb shit Louisville would do and how mad Pitino would get and his sideline meltdowns while Brey was laughing and having a good time.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GOIRISH

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    It took you this game to figure this out? They three game skid with Siva non existent told it all.

how is it Siva's fault that we couldn't run a decent set with him OUT OF THE GAME. This game rests dually on Russ Smith and Pitino's shoulders. TRULY, the worst example of closing I've ever saw. We've lost games because of END GAME SITUATIONS. The Syracuse, Georgetown, and Notre Dame losses were all games we had the last shot to ice the game.

GOIRISH

how is it Siva's fault that we couldn't run a decent set with him OUT OF THE GAME. This game rests dually on Russ Smith and Pitino's shoulders. TRULY, the worst example of closing I've ever saw. We've lost games because of END GAME SITUATIONS. The Syracuse, Georgetown, and Notre Dame losses were all games we had the last shot to ice the game.
    Didnt siva get fouled out in like the 4th overtime?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Everybody just settle down,

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

I really think Butler cuts down the nets this year. Unless the selection committee penetrates them, they match up well with ANY team almost.

butler wont even win the a10

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

butler wont even win the a10

the penetrates could barely win the Horizon league and made it to the title game...... think about that idiot

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

the penetrates could barely win the Horizon league and made it to the title game...... think about that idiot
    butler fukkin blows pal

youre a fukkin joke

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

I was looking to bump this thread and you did it for me. Missing 10 FT's and turnover troubles are definitely the signs of a well coached team

I love Stevens, but this squad isn't comparable to any of his others that have made tourney runs.

TPowell

what happens in late Feb is useless.

12 Last