spencer7
    spencer7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 224

what is you're worst beat?

After taking Milwaukee yesterday and losing on the "shot of the century", it made me think of my worst gambling loss. Here it is. More than 20 years ago I took a 20 1/2 point favorite in football (can't remember teams) they were up 28-0 and the underdog scored on the last play of the game. I thought I had the game won because they were kicking the extra point .Then the holder dropped the snap threw a lob into the endzone for a two point conversion.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Yeah, that's a bad beat. Probably when Harrsion from Pitt returned a pick 90 yards for a TD with no time left against AZ in the Super Bowl a couple of years ago. Had AZ +4 in the first half and thought it was a lock.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Owned and trained a horse that was 6 lengths in front at the 1/8th pole at Pimlico when he made a U turn and dropped the rider. Still don't know why he did it. ( the rider is now a steward in Md. ) 12K to the winner purse, had him sold for 50K after the race if he won off, which he was doing. Ended up selling him for 7K about a month after the race. He kept doing it half way through the stretch in the morning and I knew he would be barred from racing if he did it again in a race.

Guy that bought him was sure he could fix him. He did not and he never raced again.

Guess I was lucky to get 7K. He was a gelding, but that U turn cost me about 55K .

Tough business.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Owned and trained a horse that was 6 lengths in front at the 1/8th pole at Pimlico when he made a U turn and dropped the rider. Still don't know why he did it. ( the rider is now a steward in Md. ) 12K to the winner purse, had him sold for 50K after the race if he won off, which he was doing. Ended up selling him for 7K about a month after the race. He kept doing it half way through the stretch in the morning and I knew he would be barred from racing if he did it again in a race.

Guy that bought him was sure he could fix him. He did not and he never raced again.

Guess I was lucky to get 7K. He was a gelding, but that U turn cost me about 55K .

Tough business.
    Holy fuk you win

I dont know my worst beat ever but i was gonna come bitch about Matt Holliday. Now I won't bother.

govolz
    govolz's Avatar Become A Pro!

had plenty bud had lakers under 101.5 few weeks ago... lakers up 28 with 28 sec and ball... theyre just dribblin out the ball but have to shoot bc few sec left on clock after shot clock... there at 99... they throw it up with 1 sec on shot clock its blocked goin the other way other team takes it down with like 6 sec on clock... thyre gonna let them dunk it of corse right? up 28 under 2 seconds left they should be headin to bench... nope dudes on fast breat laker scrubs in and dude chases him and fould him from benind with .02 left and dude hits free throw to go total to 102... unreal