BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    Rod Cable - my Junior High Coach. For starters, I was on the team. My best friend was no slouch either and we had some nice complimentary pieces, including a real tall, but soft kid from Zimbabwe.

He should have let me Steve Nash it(Suns Years), but instead he had all these dumb plays he insisted we run.

Oh, NBA...My bad. Mike Brown. Hands Down, Mike Brown, especially Lebron's later years.
    Pretty sure Mike Brown did a lot better job with the Lakers last year when they had less talent than D'Antoni is now. He also took the Cleveland Cavaliers to the Finals. Yes, the Cleveland Cavaliers. I realize that team had Lebron but the rest of the players weren't any good.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Pretty sure Mike Brown did a lot better job with the Lakers last year when they had less talent than D'Antoni is now. He also took the Cleveland Cavaliers to the Finals. Yes, the Cleveland Cavaliers. I realize that team had Lebron but the rest of the players weren't any good.
    Lebron made everyone around him way better. They just needed a coach to give em a little boost. Mike Brown had nothing to offer. Popovich, Phil Jackson or Carlisle could have gotten them a title. Maybe Rivers, Brooks or Thibodeau as well.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    mark jackson is a good coach.
    and he was the greatest point guard ever as well
    And probably the best damn husband I know

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Kurt Rambis

Had Shaq and Kobe

MP123
    MP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Kurt Rambis

Had Shaq and Kobe
    What's ur point? They were 2 young... Doug Collins had Jordan and Pippen that don't make him a bad coach

NYCWinner
    NYCWinner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

It's hard to quantify who is a good coach or not, other than looking at their record. You aren't in the locker room with them. Different players respond differently to a coaches' personality and play style. I think Mark Jackson is a good coach. There's major progress made in his year and a half. He's a great motivator and his players love playing for him. Keith Smart, their last coach I think, had basically the same players..Swapped Monte for Thompson,...and Bogut just came back. And they sucked. Look it's a players league, Yes #1 you need talent and then getting your players to play hard for you is almost as important. Someone like Mike Woodson was routinely nominated as the worst coach when he was with the lazy Josh Smith Hawks, now he's in the conversation for coach of the year.

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

rick adelman. lost to great teams but could never win the title with good teams.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

The idiot OP lost on GSW.. What a fukking retard.. And he is blaming mark jackson from being a square..

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Where and when did I lose on Golden State?

Go back to Sesame Street Daimo... and sniff snuffleupagus's a$$hole

TheMoneyShot

Mark Jackson

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Brian Hill coaching the Magic in the mid 90's. Had the most talented youth in Shaq & Penny Hardaway; great shooters in Nick Anderson and Dennis Scott; veterans that had been through the playoffs in Horace Grant and Tree Rollins; and only went to the finals once and got swept. You get a good coach in there and they make it to 2 more finals and have a better showing.

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Vinny Del Negro. Look at that Clipp's depth

BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Mike Brown. Canned after five games but I think we know were that was headed. Sort of like where D'Antoni is headed. Garbage coach.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

I would have to say Don Chaney. The Rockets had one of the best players on the planet in Hakeem the Dream Olajuwon and got knocked out in the 1st Round every year with Chaney as coach. Steve Patterson was a terrible GM as well.

MoFoNick
    MoFoNick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

Idk, but Phil Jackson and $polestra are some of the luckiest coaches.

MP123
    MP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MoFoNick View Post
    Idk, but Phil Jackson and $polestra are some of the luckiest coaches.
    Even if u have talent on ur roster u have 2 control egos n get them 2 play as a team... Phil Jackson GOAT

PickyBob
    PickyBob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 469

You worded this question pretty poorly.

Do you mean:

1. Which coach has performed poorly relative to the talent on his team?

OR

2. Which coach has far exceeded expectations as a result of the talent on his team?

TheMoneyShot

Still a POS

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

surprised about ur stance on this money, del negro carlesimo dantoni drew brooks and george karl are clearly worse coaches then he is that made the playoffs.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Lol, I woulda hammered this thread if I saw it 3 months ago when it was posted but I wasn't on here much.
    Mark Jackson is definitely not a bad coach. He has a pretty young team and they seemed to have had quite a year brah.
    Don't know why you would bump this at a time the trolls are going to pop up on you now.

I am not trolling but it was a pretty bad assessment. Not only that it's his first coaching job ever. Give him a minute. He's was one of the smartest NBA players to ever touch a basketball. He will be a good if not great coach. He has a sick basketball mind.

TheMoneyShot

I love how peoples choices change... when the smoke clears. Again, GS team as a whole is playing well... Mark Jackson is still a turd. He'll get murdered in the 2nd round.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Nonsense....Jackson is a motivator. He is one of the few coaches in the league that players WANT to actually play hard for. Imagine what D'Antidefenseioni.....would have done to a young naive team like Golden State...lol...Christ......Right now its...

1. George Karl
    2.Tom Thibideux
    2. Mark Jackson
    3. Mike Woodson

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

Paul Westphal. He coached talented Phoenix Suns teams that choked two years in a row to the Rockets when they were up 3-1 in the playoffs. He should have won at least one title with those 90's teams.

TheMoneyShot

Jackson up by 17 last night??? Denver came back to bring it within 4. Someone drove the lane... got hacked... NO CALL. would of cut it to 2. Poor coaching to let Denver go on a 13-0 run in 3 minutes.

mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

Mark Jackson and Spoeslstra are out of the discussion. The Warriors have too much talent, are you guys looking at the same roster I am? Curry has been hot but that's about it for them. And yes, Spoeslstra was put into a dream situation but has been to the finals in both years with LeBron, so he can't be failing too miserably.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

This thread could be the next Derrick Rose "cannot shoot" thread. Though no way anybody but Memphis comes out of the West imo
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave rm18 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Paul Westphal. He coached talented Phoenix Suns teams that choked two years in a row to the Rockets when they were up 3-1 in the playoffs. He should have won at least one title with those 90's teams.
    Historically this is a pretty strong argument. The current group no one comes close to the worst ever. Vinny with the clips may have the title for this year if they lose tonight. George Karl has the 2013 title right now. Total collapse by denv and clips so far.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    This thread could be the next Derrick Rose "cannot shoot" thread. Though no way anybody but Memphis comes out of the West imo

Spurs cant beat memphis rm?

StevenSuarez
    StevenSuarez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1630

Vinny Del Negro

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    Spurs cant beat memphis rm?
    wouldn't be the first time I was wrong but looks like Memphis vs. Miami