Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    I forgot how awful Quick is on the road. Vegas, you better hope your boys get a first round home ice advantage or the defending champs are out in the first round. Off to bed, chalking this up as a 0-2 night -2u.

YTD
    99-70-2 +45.57u
    Thank god no shootouts in playoffs

ch3ss
    i make it rain....
    ch3ss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 376

Nino.... You should have put about 4U on the Caps... .Ovie and company are on fire

good picks last night boys... I took NYI, Ottawa, Jets in a 3 teamer..... Jets had me worried sorry bastards for a minute

LETS GO CAPS

ch3ss
    i make it rain....

Hottest team in hockey. I laid off, thought I rode them too hard. They can't lose.
    I didnt bet on them either, it was to iffy with the Leafs coming into town.... I did tell someone if I were betting id hedge to them as the home team...

luckily i took the ML with the Jets.. they know how to penetrating almost make you sick to your stomach.. bastards

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Thank god no shootouts in playoffs
    Quick looks extremely uncomfortable between the pipes. Anything but a straight on shot and he's giving up bad rebounds and flopping around like a fish out of water. He's a liability everytime he leaves the crease to handle the puck. He does not look dialed in like he was heading into last year's playoffs. The offense looks great, Niemi stood on his head, defensively they look a little lost.

Vegas39

Quick looks extremely uncomfortable between the pipes. Anything but a straight on shot and he's giving up bad rebounds and flopping around like a fish out of water. He's a liability everytime he leaves the crease to handle the puck. He does not look dialed in like he was heading into last year's playoffs. The offense looks great, Niemi stood on his head, defensively they look a little lost.

Think still not 100% from his back surgery. I fell better with Bernier in net at this point

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

All public teams with the exception of the Rangers cashed yesterday. Only 4 games today, not seeing a whole lot of value. Red Wings should win, but that line is ridiculous. Bruins are unbettable, leaves 2 choices. May make a small play on the Ducks.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Think still not 100% from his back surgery. I fell better with Bernier in net at this point
    Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't played him more.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

All public teams with the exception of the Rangers cashed yesterday. Only 4 games today, not seeing a whole lot of value. Red Wings should win, but that line is ridiculous. Bruins are unbettable, leaves 2 choices. May make a small play on the Ducks.
    I like the Bruins here. The way the Bosox played yesterday (with was less emotion from the crowd as it was a road game) I think the Big Bad Bruins come out here and play their tails off.....but yes, even at -.5 it is a little juiced.

I am surprised you aren't taking a side in the Mtl/Pitt game....reasons? How do you break it down? I know they had that CRAZY game 6 weeks ago, is that the reason? The over 5.5 is a nice little +110 right now.

I look forward to your thoughts.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    I like the Bruins here. The way the Bosox played yesterday (with was less emotion from the crowd as it was a road game) I think the Big Bad Bruins come out here and play their tails off.....but yes, even at -.5 it is a little juiced.

I am surprised you aren't taking a side in the Mtl/Pitt game....reasons? How do you break it down? I know they had that CRAZY game 6 weeks ago, is that the reason? The over 5.5 is a nice little +110 right now.

I look forward to your thoughts.
    Game is basically meaningless to the Pens. They are just trying to get healthy for the playoffs. Hard to predict these games that are not hotly contested. On mobile, will prob only break down the Ducks game. Too busy with work.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

4/17

Anaheim Ducks Regulation (+100)

YTD
    99-70-2 +45.57u
    Just an action play. Columbus is prob the right side.
    Last edited by El Nino; 04-17-13 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Added YTD

Bearsclaw22
    Bearsclaw22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

Have been watching your forum for some time now. Been tailing want to say thanks for all the great picks

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by Bearsclaw22 View Post
    Have been watching your forum for some time now. Been tailing want to say thanks for all the great picks
    No prob, pal.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Just another 3rd period lead blown.

0-1 -1u last night.

YTD
    99-71-2 +44.57u

Vegas39

Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't played him more.

See what happens come playoff time

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

See what happens come playoff time
    Yeah, I mean I know Quick is a work horse but I could have easily seen them doing something similar to what the Ducks did. If anything, maybe the Flyers will pay Bernier $100 million next year.

Vegas39

Yeah, I mean I know Quick is a work horse but I could have easily seen them doing something similar to what the Ducks did. If anything, maybe the Flyers will pay Bernier $100 million next year.
    that would not shock me. Plus when Quick played lights out lat year. It was final year of contract

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

that would not shock me. Plus when Quick played lights out lat year. It was final year of contract
    All about the Benjamins, baby.

Vegas39

Love the 100 million Idea

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

All about the Benjamins, baby.

ch3ss
    i make it rain....

Thinking Caps tonight.... could be a trap game with them though...

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

4/18

St. Louis Blues Regulation (-110) 3u
    Over 5.5 Goals Islanders/Maple Leafs (-110) 2u
    Washington Capitals (+100)

YTD
    99-71-2 +44.57u

Yotes have struggled all year with the Blues. Blues are healthier with McDonald and Steen looking great. Mike Smith was supposed to start against the San Jose Sharks which was a must win game for the Yotes to have any shot at the playoffs. Smith showed up before the game and told Coach Tippett that he couldn't go. Tippett was livid in every interview after the game and basically said he had guys not playing. This usually is a good move to motivate your players by calling them out, but it is a moot point when your season is over. Yotes are getting blasted in the local media and Smith's heart has been questioned. Usually this Coyotes team face adversity head on and get a win with their backs against the wall. This time, their playoffs hopes are all but mathematically dashed. I like the Blues here with a 3u pound play in regulation. I can't argue with you if you want to throw a half unit or a unit on the puck line as well. It's a big card and I didn't want to have too many units wrapped up in just the Blues.

*3u pound plays are 12-4 +19.82u on the season.

The Islanders and Maple Leafs both play a wide open style of hockey. There are no neutral zone traps and defense isn't a big part of either teams' game plan. The two previous games between these teams have been 5-4 and 7-4. The Leafs play well at home (13-7-2) and the Islanders have been road warriors all year (12-5-2). The Leafs average 3.18 goals/game at home while the Islanders average 2.95 goals/game on the road.

The Caps...riding the streak. I'm probably on the wrong side here but Ovi and co. are on fire.

tombuckers
    Buck Man
    tombuckers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Like your picks today Nino. Im on the blues as well. GL.

therealJ$
    therealJ$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

Elliott was pretty bad last time he played Yotes..but then again Smith was in net for Yotes also and they got Johnson tonight

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by therealJ$ View Post
    Elliott was pretty bad last time he played Yotes..but then again Smith was in net for Yotes also and they got Johnson tonight
    Elliot is in the zone. Elliott is 6-1-0 with a 1.03 GAA and a .959 SV% in April.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

a 3u play is some serious pounding Nino! Best of luck to ya bud!

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by tombuckers View Post
    Like your picks today Nino. Im on the blues as well. GL.
    BOL, pal!

g_sept1
    g_sept1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by ch3ss View Post
    Thinking Caps tonight.... could be a trap game with them though...
    I think the same way. I right away believed that the Senators are going to win.

OTTAWA

+Sens, will all their injuries, who play in one of the toughest divisions are still in the top 8
    +very good home recored; 4-1 L5 home games
    +Hearing good news that Karlsson to resume practice next week
    +well rested team for tonight who is playing for on the 2nd time since apr 13 '13; will play next 3 games at home+
    +Gonchar & Michalek collected goals/assists in their last game
    +Anderson will be in net tonight

WASHINGTON

-playing over their head
    -excluding this current streak, since the 09-10 season they've had 8 winning streaks which consisted of winning 5+ games. Out of 4 of those streaks a northeast division team beat them (just saying)
    -barely beating Tampa on the 13th, and a "fraud" version of the caps beat the leafs because the wrong goalie started for the leafs
    -no surprise they're in the 3rd spot. Any team like wash would be in 3rd -- if the other four teams in your division were below the 9th spot
    -current betting line looks like a "reeling you in" line since you're getting the best team right now @ plus odds. Why though? Are books saying "better take caps now or else you'll lose the plus money value." Go ahead and say that books. I rather take a strong home team that has fight in them!

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    a 3u play is some serious pounding Nino! Best of luck to ya bud!
    It's the most serious pounding I do!

I dug myself out of a -13.89u hole in my bases thread using the same strategy.

g_sept1
    g_sept1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by g_sept1 View Post

OTTAWA

+Sens, will all their injuries, who play in one of the toughest divisions are still in the top 8
    +well rested team for tonight who is playing for on the 2nd time since apr 13 '13; will play next 3 games at home+

WASHINGTON

-playing over their head
    -excluding this current streak, since the 09-10 season they've had 8 winning streaks which consisted of winning 5+ games. Out of 4 of those streaks a northeast division team beat them (just saying)
    -barely beating Tampa on the 13th, and a "fraud" version of the caps beat the leafs because the wrong goalie started for the leafs
    -no surprise they're in the 3rd spot. Any team like wash would be in 3rd -- if the other four teams in your division were below the 9th spot
    -current betting line looks like a "reeling you in" line since you're getting the best team right now @ plus odds. Why though? Are books saying "better take caps now or else you'll lose the plus money value." Go ahead and say that books. I rather take a strong home team that has fight in them!
    Correction: A northeast division team ended the caps' streak.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by g_sept1 View Post

OTTAWA

WASHINGTON

-playing over their head
    Honestly, I think this is a coin flip game. I can see this going to OT/SO. Therefore, the Caps are the play for me. I can't fault anyone if they pick the Sens. This should be a great game.

Vegas39

Elliot is in the zone. Elliott is 6-1-0 with a 1.03 GAA and a .959 SV% in April.

Cause it's not playoff time yet

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Cause it's not playoff time yet
    Ain't that the truth. Frikkin' head case goalies.

therealJ$
    therealJ$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

Gonna tail ya Nino...Going FN big on the Blues

Bearsclaw22
    Bearsclaw22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

Also tailing! Hope they give it to them.

MonkeyMoney
    MonkeyMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 806

have the rangers and reds for a 3 unit parlay

First ... 32333435363738 ... Last