Britton333
    Britton333's Avatar Become A Pro!

Doc's - BEWARE

Really disappointed in Doc's. I've always backed their cappers and thought they were totally honest. After seeing some discrepancies in their NBA records (they've actually been tearing up lately) I shot them an email asking to see the season records for their NBA.

They replied and said "you really need to be on Doc's CBB and NHL... we'll give you a multi-sport discount". They attached the entire season records of both in spreadsheet format. I said... that's great, looks like they're doing really well. I follow Ferringo in hockey. I then asked again to see their NBA sheet for the year and told them I just wanted to look it over.

They then reply with Ferringo's season NHL spreadsheet saying "he's tearing it up too", buy him.

I again say "that's great and all, and I really like those guys, but I really just wanted to compare notes on Doc's NBA package etc etc, and just wanted to see if they've been consistent all season long". They then send me Doc's NBA for January and say "here is his record for the last month".

Again, I come back and say "that's great, could I please see the whole season sheet" (I thought they were up anyway so I didn't think it was a big deal, but the more and more they put me off I'm getting more and more suspicious of what's being hidden).

They then ask me for my username, for which I didn't provide them one. They then say "sorry, we only send season records to CLIENTS".

LOL, I say "WTF, you sent me all these season records for everything I didn't even ask for... then you pull the CLIENT card when it comes to the one sport I was asking about". I wasn't even trying to use them for any evil-doing, I just wanted to look them over and compare to what I had. Isn't that some BS!?!?

I have always defended Doc's cappers and stuck up for them but this kind of shadiness is horrific. They're so open to share when it comes to sports they're profiting in, but then they divert and misrepresent and blatantly lie when it comes to sports they're not crushing. Very disappointed as I thought they were one of the more honest firms out there.

Guess they're just stupid low-rent touts like everyone else... sigh.

Ferringo, if you read this, I'm sorry to blast your company like this because I actually think you're a decent honest dude. but the crap they pulled to my completely harmless request has really left a terrible taste in my mouth. I'd considering doing a multi-sport package with a couple guys I like on there if nothing else for the write-ups, but after that horrible experience with "GUY" (That's what he signed his name) from DOC'S SERVICE email, I'll be taking my business elsewhere and recommend EVERYONE steer clear of buying any of their packages.

No wonder people steal their intellectual property guilt-free... I wouldn't feel bad either. It's just people being dishonest to dishonest people.

tjfny
    tjfny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5813

Quote Originally Posted by Britton333 View Post
    Really disappointed in Doc's. I've always backed their cappers and thought they were totally honest. After seeing some discrepancies in their NBA records (they've actually been tearing up lately) I shot them an email asking to see the season records for their NBA.

They replied and said "you really need to be on Doc's CBB and NHL... we'll give you a multi-sport discount". They attached the entire season records of both in spreadsheet format. I said... that's great, looks like they're doing really well. I follow Ferringo in hockey. I then asked again to see their NBA sheet for the year and told them I just wanted to look it over.

They then reply with Ferringo's season NHL spreadsheet saying "he's tearing it up too", buy him.

I again say "that's great and all, and I really like those guys, but I really just wanted to compare notes on Doc's NBA package etc etc, and just wanted to see if they've been consistent all season long". They then send me Doc's NBA for January and say "here is his record for the last month".

Again, I come back and say "that's great, could I please see the whole season sheet" (I thought they were up anyway so I didn't think it was a big deal, but the more and more they put me off I'm getting more and more suspicious of what's being hidden).

They then ask me for my username, for which I didn't provide them one. They then say "sorry, we only send season records to CLIENTS".

LOL, I say "WTF, you sent me all these season records for everything I didn't even ask for... then you pull the CLIENT card when it comes to the one sport I was asking about". I wasn't even trying to use them for any evil-doing, I just wanted to look them over and compare to what I had. Isn't that some BS!?!?

I have always defended Doc's cappers and stuck up for them but this kind of shadiness is horrific. They're so open to share when it comes to sports they're profiting in, but then they divert and misrepresent and blatantly lie when it comes to sports they're not crushing. Very disappointed as I thought they were one of the more honest firms out there.

Guess they're just stupid low-rent touts like everyone else... sigh.

Ferringo, if you read this, I'm sorry to blast your company like this because I actually think you're a decent honest dude. but the crap they pulled to my completely harmless request has really left a terrible taste in my mouth. I'd considering doing a multi-sport package with a couple guys I like on there if nothing else for the write-ups, but after that horrible experience with "GUY" (That's what he signed his name) from DOC'S SERVICE email, I'll be taking my business elsewhere and recommend EVERYONE steer clear of buying any of their packages.

No wonder people steal their intellectual property guilt-free... I wouldn't feel bad either. It's just people being dishonest to dishonest people.
    i would call and ask to speak to wade. i have also had problems with guy but wade has always beeen straight up with me.

Shanefalco13
    Shanefalco13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4361

Started reaizing this the past few months. NO ONE at docs is trustworthy. At all. They BS with their numbers as much as anyone else in the game.

Thats the nature of the business really. Hopefully more people start taking note of the success of RAS and such and follow suit. But who knows.

Britton333

Quote Originally Posted by tjfny View Post
    i would call and ask to speak to wade. i have also had problems with guy but wade has always beeen straight up with me.

Just finally got the information I'm looking for. Down $3790 in NBA this season.

I'm going to try and remove this posting since they provided me with the information I originally asked for on the 16th email I sent.

MODs, I'm not sure how to delete a posting, but could you remove this thread for me.

Thanks,

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

Britton,
    I would leave your post up. Doc's should have responded a long time ago, especially after so many requests.

I also got the runaround at the beginning of the NBA season when I asked for a couple of cappers past NBA records. I didn't have your patience and after three email exchanges, I just gave up.

This is a good thread.

ThreeRsports
    ThreeRsports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4586

Theyre really down $3790? They seem to have been tearing it up for the last 6 weeks or so? Correct me if Im wrong?

Britton333

They're up a couple thousand in January. Doing really well lately. Not surprised that's the month they cropped out and sent me. Now "GUY" is telling me nothing about that was dishonest. I said if you don't think shoveling three other sports records to me I didn't ask for then cropping out one good month for your NBA is dishonest than we have a different definition of the word. "GUY" should be fired for misleading if they want to truly run their business in an honest transparent fashion. Really disappointed as I used to really like Docs but it seems like they're no different than anyone else.

Bottom line is that they have 7-8 handicappers doing 6-7 sports. That's potentially 50-60 sports seasons. So the law of averages say they'll have some monster seasons and some horrible ones. So the game is to tout the shit out of the good ones and glaze over the bad ones.

Wanna try it out, email them asking for IC in football or baseball or whatever. Or ask for Docs NBA or whatever. You'll get the run around. Email them asking for Docs College Basketball this season, you'll get the results before you can blink.

Just disappointed I was too stupid to figure out the game a long time ago. Easiest scam in the world to pull if your company runs out 50-60 sports seasons. Of course you'll have a couple dozen profitable cappers even if you are flipping coins.

marty5
    marty5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 582

While they do market the shit out of their good streaks and hide the bad sheets they do actually have a few good, consistent cappers in a few sports. You just have to educate yourself and be careful with the stats they throw at you.

Britton333

But do they really have good cappers? Or is it just that the law of averages means that a guy like IC can put together a 3-season streak or something. I mean with that volume of cappers and sports someone will undoubtedly put a streak together. But is it repeatable for future performance? IC is pooping the bed this year in college. I think it's all a big marketing/volume scheme.

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Show me a stat and I will show you a lie.

The one reasonably safe way to make $$$ of Doc is to run a modified chase on their comp plays. Only Doc and only the comp plays. They do not release every day so patience is required.

Remember - just Doc's comp (not IC or anyone else on the site) plays on a modified 4-game fade/chase using 1 percent of br as initial bet.

Thank me later.

Kira
    Just as planned
    Kira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

thanks for the warning

rookie363
    rookie363's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Great Thread

I agree this is a great thread. Every week they tout games and go on serious bad runs yet people keep wanting more asking for their picks. Until people stop asking for their picks, they will keep touting that they never lose. It's how they make money.

Great thread.

EVPlus

Quote Originally Posted by EVPlus View Post

The one reasonably safe way to make $$$ of Doc is to run a modified chase on their comp plays. Only Doc and only the comp plays. They do not release every day so patience is required.

Remember - just Doc's comp (not IC or anyone else on the site) plays on a modified 4-game fade/chase using 1 percent of br as initial bet.

Thank me later.
    After I posted the above yesterday, Doc's has TWO comp plays today instead of one (which is more normal).

Coincidence? Or do these sh!t stains want to at least go at least 1-1? And how often have you seen touts give two comps? Not often.

Just something to think about.

Btw, the plays are St Joseph's -10 (released earlier this morning) and Sac Kings +7 (released later today).

mickjam42
    mickjam42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3453

Quote Originally Posted by EVPlus View Post

Thank me later.
    Can you explain this system a bit clearer for the knuckleheads like me? I am familiar with Martingale and labby, but not much else.

danwh9
    danwh9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 612

I believe he means follow after a win and fade after a loss untill either side hits 4 in a row then lay off till streak reverses and start over or when a streak hits 4 in a row bet the other way. This is a modified "Hybrid" system for picking fade or follow. Labby is a wagering amount system----------Martingale is the path to bankroll destruction sooner or later

Raiderguy101
    Raiderguy101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21662

Quote Originally Posted by Britton333 View Post
    Just finally got the information I'm looking for. Down $3790 in NBA this season.

I'm going to try and remove this posting since they provided me with the information I originally asked for on the 16th email I sent.

MODs, I'm not sure how to delete a posting, but could you remove this thread for me.

Thanks,
    If they told you they're down $3790, I bet it's more. They're penetrating crooks deceiving the public on whatever their records are. Unless you keep track of a certain capper yourself, you're stuck with believing with what they say. And answer this, do you really trust them?

I track Indian Cowboy myself, partly because I was a fan of what he did the past few years. But now that I've tracked him in sports this last year, I have to question his numbers as I didn't track him those years. I have to say I don't believe his numbers at all. But I can't say what his real numbers are since I didn't track them. But here are his numbers that I have been tracking and these numbers are real.

NHL: 6-6 for -3.05 units

NBA: 65-61-2 for -15.3 units

CBB: 78-79-2 for -21.1 units

NFL and CFB combined is -70.2 units and that includes both his NFL playoffs and College Bowl games.
    NFL Playoffs: 5-3 for +6.5 units
    CFB Bowls: 3-5 for -12.2 units

ALL DOCUMENTED!!!!

Raiderguy101
    Raiderguy101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21662

Great thread btw too. This is a great tool to educate people who are deceived by lying touts and their tactics of selling plays. I'm not afraid to admit I was a victim once and paid for plays reading their bullshit. But i'm learning from my mistakes, and will hopefully help others to understand this bullshit tout world where they don't give a shit about their customers, only sales. I say we continue to bump this thread and keep it on the front page.

EVPlus

Quote Originally Posted by danwh9 View Post
    I believe he means follow after a win and fade after a loss untill either side hits 4 in a row then lay off till streak reverses and start over or when a streak hits 4 in a row bet the other way. This is a modified "Hybrid" system for picking fade or follow. Labby is a wagering amount system----------Martingale is the path to bankroll destruction sooner or later
    This is absolutely positively NOT what I meant.

I know there are people who use the method you describe. This ***might*** work with streaky touts for a limited time; however, I very much doubt it will work long term.

I would never follow a piece of shit like Doc's. At most, I will lay off their play if other indicators I use tell me to stay away.

What I mean regarding a modified chase is this:

Martingale is exceptionally dangerous and not what I would recommend.

Labby, although good in theory, is also not a good idea. It can simply prolong the burial.

By a modified chase, I am referring to a money management model. Of course, there must be some risk in order to obtain reward. However, the traditional martingale and labbies rarely work long term. In fact, I am convinced that martingale is an awful idea and labbies can leave you treading water before drowning.

Therefore, you will need to devise your own method of raising the wager to minimize losses when the chase misses but ensure profit when the chase wins. For example, instead of doubling up your wager, raise the bet in smaller increments so that, if the 4-game chase misses, you are not down as much as someone who uses martingale.

The most important thing about what I described to avoid streaky touts like the plague. This means Crusher would be very dangerous to blindly fade. And this is why I mentioned Doc's comps. They do not release every day but when they do, they simply cannot sustain a long winning streak.

Here is an example of Doc's comps in January:

Jan 4 Lakers +4 lost (fade wins)

Jan 5 Wash State -4.5 lost (fade wins)

Jan 6-10 no comp plays (at least on the website I use to check)

Jan 11 Memphis -1.5 win (faders lost)

Jan 12 Illinois +6 lost (faders won)

Jan 13-14 no comps

Jan 15 Clippers/Rockets over 206 win (faders lost)

Jan 16 Memphis +5.5 lost (faders win)

Jan 17-22 no comps

Jan 23 Memphis -3.5 win (faders lost)

Jan 24 Belmont -9.5 lost (faders win)

Jan 25 Thunder -8.5 win (faders lost)

Jan 26-29 no comps

Jan 30 St Joseph's -10 lost; Sacramento Kings +7 lost (faders win both)

By the way, Jan 30 was the day following my post about fading their comps. Interesting how they decide to release two comps. Maybe a coincidence. Or just maybe those shit stains read this forum. You decide.

Again, it bears repeating that this will NOT work with streaky fukks like crusher. I have a fairly accurate formula to determine who to exploit and who to dismiss and the entry point. Unfortunately, I will not share this formula so please don't ask.

And can Doc's comps hit a streak of more than 4 wins? Of course. This is why you devote a small percentage of br to this, learn to cap your own games (and devote a small percentage of br to that), and find other models to exploit (and devote a small percentage of br to those). Use diversification to your advantage. It is about discovering many streams that create a river.
    Last edited by EVPlus; 01-31-13 at 12:54 AM.

Britton333

Here ya go Flyboys... I totally work for Doc's.

Can't you tell?

pokergem
    pokergem's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont understand why they dont just post their records publically on their website. I use Docs for some sports but I would like it if they posted their records publically like sharky's does. Makes for more transparency. Little disappointed in Doc's this year but they should come back, just dont like seeing games as a push when 99% of their clients take a loss. No need for that.