A-wess
    A-wess's Avatar Become A Pro!

How to deal with a losing streak?

I just went 3-15 which made me lose all the profits I made last month. I'm streaming as hell right now

Timmay
    Timmay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6751

Yea, it can be tough. Bankroll management helps a lot and just play with what you can afford. I like to play with just a little.

I here you. I've been down a good amount for how little I bet.

A-wess
    A-wess's Avatar Become A Pro!

I always bet 3% of my bankroll. I still cant believe how much bad luck I'm having fcking back to square one again..
    Last edited by A-wess; 01-27-13 at 06:45 PM.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Just enjoy it..

What I mean by "enjoy"?

People think bankruptcy, losing are negative, terrible things. THIS IS NOT TRUE. These are excellent things. Failure is a great teacher. Losing, is a great way to learn.

You learn from your mistakes. It was 6 years ago. Baseball season was about to start and my bankroll was 4800$. My season (at end of September) target was 15k but things went supernaturarally well and I reached 52k at the end of August! It was first time I reached 50+ in my life, it was 6 years ago. I started to take unlogical risks and started to lose. You know what they say, easy come easy go. Anyway, I was down to 40k. Then dropped to 30 and then 20. I was so pissed off. I was so stupid, I realized the situation when I dropped to 10k but it was a great lesson for me and probably one of the biggest milestones in my life..

After that dark period..I never overbet. Period. Nobody wins everyday. Losing is just part of the game. You gotta know how to face/deal with it. If you can't, just quit betting. You must take it as "over the long haul". You must take it as serious, like a business. Sports betting should not be treated like a hobby. What's so funny about losing money? You must be strict, disciplined and make it "boring" as you can.

Never think daily. You may have a losing day, you may have a losing week but if you're "+" this month overall, no problem. You may have losing months too, but you gotta look large, take it in quarters..or even a year. I had losing days, I had losing weeks, I had losing months but never had a losing year..

But it doesn't mean you will never ever have a losing year. It may happen. It happens to even best, professional, veteran handicappers in this industry. Don't be so overconfident, that's so dangerous. Be a little bit grounded, be humble. Don't get too far ahead of yourself. You will see some people coming in MSN, saying blah blah I won 10k today/this week, just after few days they come up and say damn I lost all, gambling sux man, lol.

Losing is good. You learn from your mistakes. How to deal with a losing streak? Do nothing different. Keep betting like you do in a winning streak. DON'T INCREASE YOUR STAKES. Don't decrease your stakes either..This not an universal truth, just an opinion of a World Class Handicapper who is making his life by sports betting. I wish you good luck and success in your betting adventure..
    Last edited by Sawyer; 01-27-13 at 07:34 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: thes0vereign

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Quote Originally Posted by A-wess View Post
    I always bet 3% of my bankroll. I still cant believe how much bad luck I'm having fcking back to square one again..
    Luck factor has an effect over everything in life, that's true but; over the "long haul", luck factor is zero in everything, including sports betting. You can't win because of luck after 1000 bets, you can't be a lifetime winner (or loser) because of luck, you can't be a General Manager of a interfukkingnational company because you're lucky, you can't be married for 30+ years with girl of your dreams because you're lucky. Of course, meeting the women of your dreams, or finding the advertisement of your dream job..luck plays some role here BUT OVER LONG HAUL..luck factor is neutralized. Do you think Lebron James is a great player because he is lucky? Oh, come on..Luck plays a role only in short term. Luck factor is neutralized OVER LONG HAUL. Over long haul. Again, repeating Over long haul.

Phatman36
    Phatman36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Well said Sawyer. Winning isn't the easiest part of being a handicapper. Losing is. That's how the books make their money. All it takes is one bad bet with a crappy mentality to create a huge landslide in your bankroll.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

Back the fuc off. Try to put together a small run. Try not to chase the dragon.