rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

End of Spurs game was shady

Dallas is -3.5 2nd half or +6.5 for game.

Dallas calls timeout down 9 with like 6 seconds seconds left to set a play to hit a three and cover the spread. Crowder hits the 3. Then they get a steal and cut to 4 but then they foul and Spurs up 6.

But then the Spurs get a steal.
    Danny Green for some reason shoots a three with .8 seconds and is waived off by ref Spurs would of covered the 2nd half shot was goaltended even if it would not of went in but looks like it would of. Ref had to be paid off to waive that off never seen a shot released with that much time left be waived off.

0:21 111-102 Darren Collison makes 24-foot three point jumper (Rodrigue Beaubois assists)
    0:06 DeJuan Blair steps out of bounds turnover 111-102
    0:06 Mavericks 20 Sec. timeout
    0:04 111-105 Jae Crowder makes 25-foot three point jumper (Darren Collison assists)
    0:04 Aron Baynes bad pass (Darren Collison steals) 111-105
    0:02 111-107 Darren Collison makes 7-foot jumper
    0:02 Spurs Full timeout
    0:02 Spurs 20 Sec. timeout
    0:02 Danny Green enters the game for Aron Baynes 111-107
    0:02 111-107 Rodrigue Beaubois personal take foul (Nando de Colo draws the foul)
    0:02 Nando de Colo makes free throw 1 of 2 112-107
    0:02 Nando de Colo makes free throw 2 of 2 113-107
    0:01 113-107 Jae Crowder bad pass (Danny Green steals)
    0:00 End of Game

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

they are fixing 2nd halves now?

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8466

The only reason the Spurs signed Baynes this week was to go into a game that was pretty much over and throw a bad inbounds pass from under the Mavs basket to help a fix.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

If it was +6.5 Mavs for the game then that was a fix like mofo. Look at those turn of events and its apparent. Landed right smack on a hooked number.

Untied
    Untied's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Amazing how complex these "fixed games are" two made 3's a steal and a layup.
    Everyone must be in on it.
    Maybe you just lost because you're a shitty gambler.

Mens et Manus
    Mens et Manus's Avatar Become A Pro!

After the whole Donaghy incident, you should stay away from NBA. The fact that it was swept under the rug shows that the NBA knows what goes on and does very little to stop it.

Out of MLB, NFL, NHL, and NBA, no pro athlete dogs it more than NBA players. Betting on them is flipping coins.

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

My book had Dallas-2.5 closin odds..

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mens et Manus View Post
    After the whole Donaghy incident, you should stay away from NBA. The fact that it was swept under the rug shows that the NBA knows what goes on and does very little to stop it.

Out of MLB, NFL, NHL, and NBA, no pro athlete dogs it more than NBA players. Betting on them is flipping coins.
    Agreed.

I stayed away from the NBA. It's almost impossible to beat over the course of a long season with too many other factors to contend with. College Hoops is beatable but the NBA....forget it about it. Flipping coins like you said.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Tonight was pretty much crooked across the board. Crazy shit happening everywhere. A lot of "sharp" lines going down to the very end and being decided by meaningless plays.

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

Check out Gaming the Game. Not only does it cover the Donaghy scandal, it also goes into detail about how the big syndicates & offshore books operate. I've cut back on my sports betting after reading that book.

BankHead
    BankHead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

NBA is fishy as hell

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

its ok ppl 2 more months till baseball

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    its ok ppl 2 more months till baseball
    No kidding. Although this is a strange year for me. I'm actually beating the NBA and lost my shirt in baseball last year.

jubjub
    jubjub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3152

If you think games are fixed and that your skill at capping play no part, why bet?

In fact, why follow the sport at all? Just curious.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

What was the second half total and would that 3 have effected it?

It isnt about sides most of the time in the pro sports its about totals

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    they are fixing 2nd halves now?
    haha

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Rm I hear you man... all of these other imbeciles wouldn't know a fix... even if they were a part of one. These guys on this forum are idiots. I feel for you. I watched the entire game... and the surprising factor was... even the announcers said... "Why is Carlisle even calling a timeout for down by 9?" The other guy responds... oh... these players need to be schooled up. Unreal.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Nba shady?? NO WAY Had Boston a couple weeks ago -8.5 cannot remember who they were playing right off hand. But anyway Celts up 10 with a few seconds to go and other teams HC (Phoenix I believe) calls a t.o. to draw up a 10 pt play apparently and Celts win by 8! Agreed it's highly suspect at times but really hard to prove.

jubjub
    jubjub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3152

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Nba shady?? NO WAY Had Boston a couple weeks ago -8.5 cannot remember who they were playing right off hand. But anyway Celts up 10 with a few seconds to go and other teams HC (Phoenix I believe) calls a t.o. to draw up a 10 pt play apparently and Celts win by 8! Agreed it's highly suspect at times but really hard to prove.
    Ok. Lets say it was against Phoenix. What about the 50% of punters who had the Suns at +8.5, do you reckon they would be calling bullshi'ite on that game?

I watched the game yesterday between Mavs and Spurs also. Strange decisions, yes. Game rigged? Please. Weird stuff happens in sport, that's why majority of sports are so cool to watch live...unpredictable. Calling games rigged is just a copout for losing your bets as far as I'm concerned. Might be time to give up the punt until you can legitimately hack a loss or two.

forzuto13
    forzuto13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I've heard it said before that Friday NBA games are always a mess like this. Makes me want to stay away from playing on a Friday card from now on.

Although the Boston game doesn't surprise me that much as I've always had to fade Boston on b2b road games as part of my auto-play. Their record is abysmal in such games and last night continued the trend.

Hope tonight is more "normal."

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

ok I agree ... I personally don't trust the NBA anymore, screwed so many times like this

JayDeezy
    slow money's better than no money
    JayDeezy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Untied View Post

everyone's a fukkin pro capper when they win, and a victim of rigging when they lose. never fails.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Guys I'm just saying there is without a doubt some "shady" things that go happen sometimes ecs at the end of games. Obviously corruption and fixes happens because it has come out numerous times over the years where games were being fixed. Trust me EVERY player, coach, and zebra knows the spreads and everyone does not have to be in on it. There is too much $ on these games for there not to be corruption at times. And if your too dumb or naive to understand it then I'm sorry. B.T.W. I was not crying about the loss in the Boston games been on both sides of these numerous times just saying it was a shady finish!

Giogeorge
    Giogeorge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 560

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Guys I'm just saying there is without a doubt some "shady" things that go happen sometimes ecs at the end of games. Obviously corruption and fixes happens because it has come out numerous times over the years where games were being fixed. Trust me EVERY player, coach, and zebra knows the spreads and everyone does not have to be in on it. There is too much $ on these games for there not to be corruption at times. And if your too dumb or naive to understand it then I'm sorry. B.T.W. I was not crying about the loss in the Boston games been on both sides of these numerous times just saying it was a shady finish!
    I am last nights celtics game rigged

RabidGolfer
    Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!
    RabidGolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 519

Guys, we're illegally gambling (if you're in the US and not playing in Vegas). Can't complain if the hustler get's hustled.
    Points Awarded:

R.P. McMurphy gave RabidGolfer 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by Untied View Post
    the biggest issue i had which has been mostly ignored is Danny Green shot the ball with .8 on the clock and it was waived off if the game was called fairly the Spurs would of covered

Told You So!
    Told You So!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

I saw that too very shady. A goaltend is a goaltend...

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

anyone who thinks there aren't any fixes are delusional. He still had to make that three pointer but still thats a sick beat.