No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

If you had Wisconsin-Milwaukee tonight

You might have suffered the worst beat of all-time.

Up 42-25 at half, they score 8 points in the entire 2H and lose by 10 as a 9-point dog at UIC.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

ha that's pretty bad for sure, but that's the way college basketball goes, that wouldn't even be a lock for worst beat of an average week.

so they beat the 1h spread by 21 points but wound up not covering the full game spread, kind of happens all the time in college hoops

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

every night coin has a new worst beat of all time

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Just another example of how fixed NCAA hoops is

thewhiteguy
    thewhiteguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had it Hard to get much worse than this

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    ha that's pretty bad for sure, but that's the way college basketball goes, that wouldn't even be a lock for worst beat of an average week.

so they beat the 1h spread by 21 points but wound up not covering the full game spread, kind of happens all the time in college hoops
    Name one other time this has happened this year.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    every night coin has a new worst beat of all time
    I had no money on this game.

I'd like to see a bigger swing for a loss than this.

thewhiteguy

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I know this is by far a once a year type beat

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I had no money on this game.

I'd like to see a bigger swing for a loss than this.
    a 21 point swing in a half is nothing. them scoring 8 in a 2nd half is pretty sick though.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    a 21 point swing in a half is nothing. them scoring 8 in a 2nd half is pretty sick though.
    21? Try 27. And then add in the fact that they were +9, and lost by 10. That's borderline impossible.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

CarpeDime

well i'm not going to look back on the past game results to remind myself of bad beats I have forgotten about, but just off the top of my head, I can name you the two bad beats that come to mind that i had these past few days

a college basketball 1h total, I have under 66. With 6 seconds left in the half, it's at 61, it loses.

Then another one in hockey. I have the puck line. With 4 seconds left in the game, my team is up 2-0. It loses.

How do you judge a bad beat? I would say by the live line that your bet will win at a certain juncture or a key juncture.

In the Wisc Mil game, what were the odds that they would cover the FG spread? Close to 100% but still significantly off. In my other two examples, what were the odds that the bets would win? I don't know but I wouldn't be at all surprised if a statistician said that the chances of losing the 1h bet were less than that of the wisc mil spread losing.

Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

I just graduated from UIC this past year. My friend is always trying to get me go but I'm working. LOLOLOL suck it Milwaukee!!!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

In the Wisc Mil game, what were the odds that they would cover the FG spread? Close to 100% but still significantly off. In my other two examples, what were the odds that the bets would win? I don't know but I wouldn't be at all surprised if a statistician said that the chances of losing the 1h bet were less than that of the wisc mil spread losing.
    WTF are you smoking tonight?

Did you hear me? They were up 17 at half and lost by 10 as a 9-point dog.

I'd say the chances of that happening are virtually zero. The fact that you compared those other two bad beats to that is mind-boggling Loshak.

CarpeDime

WTF are you smoking tonight?

Did you hear me? They were up 17 at half and lost by 10 as a 9-point dog.

I'd say the chances of that happening are virtually zero. The fact that you compared those other two bad beats to that is mind-boggling Loshak.
    dude ive seen stuff like a dog being up by 17 at the half and then failing to cover in college hoops all the time, i mean yes its a bad beat for sure, but not unheard of at all

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

CarpeDime is a fxcking idiot.

The 2h line was +9, meaning the most likely outcome was an 8 point win for the dog. Going a full 18 extra points past that is unreal. If you could somehow make the bet dog+9.5 for the full game, at half time while up 17, the edge would be as close to 100% as possible, meaning that since the CHANCE OF A COMEBACK (AND A LOSS BY 10 OR MORE, MEANING A LOST BET) IS SO SMALL THAT YOU SHOULD WAGER ALMOST YOUR WHOLE FXCKING NET WORTH (ACCORDING TO THE KELLY CRITERION).

HELL FXCKING OH. This type of beat is mathematically improbable. It might even be impossible without someone being on the take

CarpeDime

Quote Originally Posted by Romanov View Post
    CarpeDime is a fxcking idiot.

The 2h line was +9, meaning the most likely outcome was an 8 point win for the dog. Going a full 18 extra points past that is unreal. If you could somehow make the bet dog+9.5 for the full game, at half time while up 17, the edge would be as close to 100% as possible, meaning that since the CHANCE OF A COMEBACK (AND A LOSS BY 10 OR MORE, MEANING A LOST BET) IS SO SMALL THAT YOU SHOULD WAGER ALMOST YOUR WHOLE FXCKING NET WORTH (ACCORDING TO THE KELLY CRITERION).

HELL FXCKING OH. This type of beat is mathematically improbable. It might even be impossible without someone being on the take
    first of all, yes i am an idiot and that has NEVER been a secret and i have NEVER denied it, so don't act like you are giving the forum some grand revelation

but at any rate, yes i am agreeing with you that it was a bad beat and statistically very improbable, and that yes if someone gave you the original game line at halftime, that it would be appropriate to bet close to your whole roll on it

but i'm just saying to me it seems like it's not quite as outrageous as it might seem at first. I scanned over a past few days just from this month, and relatively easily found a comparable game:

Jan 12 rice at tulsa, rice was a 12.5 point dog and was up by 7 at the half, so tulsa needed to win the 2h by 20 to cover, and they did, they won by exactly 20 and covered the 12.5 point spread by a half point

now yes i know there is a difference between 20 and 26 but my point is i relatively easily and quickly found a comparable game in the past few weeks, it only took me a few minutes to find

someone with a searchable database could answer this question easily as to how rare something like this was, but my feeling is it's comparable to like one of those baseball games where you're up by 6 in the 9th with your closer in and it loses. of course it's a rare event and absolutely counts as a very bad beat, but is also something you're going to see a few times over time

thewhiteguy

dude ive seen stuff like a dog being up by 17 at the half and then failing to cover in college hoops all the time, i mean yes its a bad beat for sure, but not unheard of at all

CarpeDime

Quote Originally Posted by thewhiteguy View Post
    son i manually checked the games from a few days earlier this month and found a comparable game

but yes it's a rare occurrence and was a bad beat, jeez

actually, maybe i'm wrong, i'd like to find someone with a searchable database and find out when was the last time a team was up on the spread by more than 25 at the half and didnt cover

maybe i'm wrong, maybe it's never happened before, who knows

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I'd love to see something comparable to this kind of collapse.

vikingfan101
    vikingfan101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

UWM is horse shit. I just recently graduated from UWM and their basketball team has been a joke for years. Can't recruit, poor coaching and one of the worst "arenas" in the NCAA.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

35-8 2H and it looks like UIC could have ran the clock out with 10 seconds left but tried to score to cover right at the end:

0:10 50-58 Joey Miller Defensive Rebound.
    0:04 50-60 Gary Talton made Layup. Assisted by Joey Miller.

Kira
    Just as planned
    Kira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

trust me pal nobody saw it coming...

they pulled a Matt Ryan

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

with 9:39 left uw-milwaukee was up 50-41

they got outscored 19-0 after that

milwaukee's possessions over the last 9:39 included 12 missed shots, a missed free throw, and 6 turnovers

uic-s possessions included a 3 pointer, 2 layups, and 4-4 free throws in the last 1:35

just going scoreless over almost 1/2 of the second half is a major feat, to do that and get outscored by 27 to lose ATS by a point is once-in-a-lifetime type stuff
    Last edited by milwaukee mike; 01-24-13 at 04:41 PM.
    Points Awarded:

SlickRick1382 gave milwaukee mike 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

A loss is a loss , get over it.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Like I said so many fixed games in NCAA hoops it isnt even funny, especially in the shit conferences.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    with 9:39 left uw-milwaukee was up 50-41

they got outscored 19-0 after that

milwaukee's possessions over the last 9:39 included 12 missed shots, a missed free throw, and 6 turnovers

uic-s possessions included a 3 pointer, 2 layups, and 4-4 free throws in the last 1:35

just going scoreless over almost 1/2 of the second half is a major feat, to do that and get outscored by 27 to lose ATS by a point is once-in-a-lifetime type stuff
    Wow.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

LOL wow that is terrible. did they just give up in the 2h, the coach should be fired for this. Rob jeter really has done a blah job in his tenure since whats his face left for ten.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

These college teams are a real pain in the ass. Just yesterday Miami went on 25-1 run vs Duke in the 1H. Who the hell saw that coming?

Georgia had 2 baskets for 15 1/2 minutes of the second half vs Florda. 6 FTS too, for a total of 10 points 2H until the last 4 1/2 minutes of the games.

Nightly theres a collapse or a stretch of 10 minutes without a damn score.. happens every single night, year after year.

Harold Baines
    Harold Baines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

The Panthers are a joke. Did Jeter tell them that shots inside the three point line are legal? I'm not touching another UWM game this season. I had the over last night.

CashDummy
    CashDummy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Baines View Post
    The Panthers are a joke. Did Jeter tell them that shots inside the three point line are legal? I'm not touching another UWM game this season. I had the over last night.
    I think they will cover nice on Friday. Maybe time to chase what you lost on Wed.

Harold Baines
    Harold Baines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

They are garbage. A team that can't shoot, yet jacks up threes with reckless abandon. Bring back Bruce Pearl.

LowRollin
    LowRollin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

vandy +9 getting outscored 11-1 in OT is a close runner up

CashDummy

Quote Originally Posted by LowRollin View Post
    vandy +9 getting outscored 11-1 in OT is a close runner up
    Just to think...I was on both games. I cant make this $hit up

CashDummy

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Baines View Post
    They are garbage. A team that can't shoot, yet jacks up threes with reckless abandon. Bring back Bruce Pearl.
    Hope you didnt chase

12 Last