MoneySharpness
    MoneySharpness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 666

CC authorization form

What do books do with this form? Do they actually call the card to verify info? I highly doubt it. What is the point?

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

It's to make sure you have possession of the card, and that its in your name. Otherwise they'd get buried with CC fraud and chargebacks.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

yeah that tto said. however once a book has known you for a few years, they probably wont even ask for a form if you got a new card to use.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    yeah that tto said. however once a book has known you for a few years, they probably wont even ask for a form if you got a new card to use.

I use 2 different cards, had to send both in.
    And they request me to send in the forms again about every 2 months (pain in the ass)
    This is at 5dimes.

MoneySharpness
    MoneySharpness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 666

makes no sense to me - you can easily use another card if you know the number and photoshop info

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Every authorization form I have dealt with either requires you to trace the card (whatever you want to call it), or provide a photo of at least the front of the card. They have no problem taking your money, but just don't want you winning with someones else's, hence why the wait until you try and withdraw.