topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 524

New to bodog poker... answer questions for me

1. Is free money worth anything or just bragging rights
    2. How long do these free rolls last 3000+ people unreal
    3. What tables are best to play for real money, easiest dumb players tourneys or sit and go
    4. WTF do all the letters after tourneys mean

topgame85

Well just completed my first freeroll 4740 registrants I lasted about 50 minutes and finished 2307 sotyop 50% ish got a bad beat all in on a straighyt by opponent oh well not to bad by my standads one more tonight nd then call it a day

BestPlay2day
    BestPlay2day's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 312

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    3. What tables are best to play for real money, easiest dumb players tourneys or sit and go
    Those freerolls last 5-6 hours, in the beginning people will go all in on anything. Money won in freerolls are the same as you deposit, last freeroll I did I finished 37th place and won a losey $2.50, lasted 4 hours. I usually just play sit and go tournies, play smart and you can usually be in the money.
    Points Awarded:

topgame85 gave BestPlay2day 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

ijustwant2bpaid
    ijustwant2bpaid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Play beginner tournies and play super tight at bodog and u should do well, I play the low limit- limit hold em games to like 1-2 and the pre-flop call % is almost always at least 50%, pretty much double what it should be, play your great hands only and dont be afraid to fold like everyone else. I have not had to deposit since sbr had those freerolls for the poker table going to the winner, ive cashed about 3k or so since playing just these games. Good luck and u will see some nasty suckouts but dont let them tilt u and u will be fine...
    Points Awarded:

topgame85 gave ijustwant2bpaid 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do not waste your time on the free rolls. Do not play in high stake games. Play tight.
    Points Awarded:

topgame85 gave Sam Odom 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SBR Founder Join Date: 10/30/2005

topgame85

Thanks for the info guys

andrew5
    andrew5's Avatar Become A Pro!

came in 4th on the the freeroll 4592 people if you can make thru the first hour and got a good chip stack fold alot and let the good cards come its time consuming 9:40pm and was done at 2:30am

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    ive been on bodg now for about five years and when i fifst started i would join all the freerollsand you could sit there for hours and win nothing,so now i figure if i play tourneys i will play ones u need to pay to get into,but turbos are the best tourneys cause they are fast and if you make it pass the first hour,u have an idea how good your opponets are,also like the sit-n-go usually play 2or3 a day and for the most part do pretty good.and now that the payouts have gotten alot better,its a great site

BTP
    Week 14
    3-2-0 372 pts

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

fishaholictaz
    fishaholictaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I play the freerolls and cash about 30% of the time... It is good practise if you make it through the idiots....

CRAZYBEAR007
    CRAZYBEAR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Bodog Freerolls are tough to win. I play them if I am in for the night and playing other tournaments or working on the Web. I have won 4 or 5 times out of about 100 tries, each time playing for 6 to 8 hours. It isn't that easy.

The private tournament like the SBR $1000 opportunity coming up next we are most better for you time and effort.

The cash game players at Bodog are pretty seasoned but the SNGs' aren't too bad. If you like tournaments play one of the $5 to $20 buyin guaranteed tournaments.

Good luck on the felt!

cmerunoveru
    cmerunoveru's Avatar Become A Pro!

The idiots are the main problem with freerolls.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by fishaholictaz View Post
    I play the freerolls and cash about 30% of the time... It is good practise if you make it through the idiots....
    i personally thinks its a waste of time cause i really dont think u gain anything by playing a freeroll with 3000players and half are just there to take space.i prefer smaller tourneys and turbos ,both are good practice for the bigger and more lucrative ones

BTP
    Week 14
    3-2-0 372 pts

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

Bigmikesm
    Bigmikesm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1670

Free money isn't worth your time accumulating just sO you can say you got a MILLION FAKE BUCKS. Big waste of time. So are freeroll tourneys. Way too many all ins with bs cards and people generally don't care if they are not actually losing their hard earned money. If you get incredibly lucky and win one of these tourneys, you probablly should have entered the World Series of Poker main event tourney with all the luck you have. People call with any two cards and get lucky against you and knock you out of the tournament. I would recommend a small deposit and playing in a small entry fee cash tournament. The reward will be much greater if you win the tourney. Good Luck.

scruffy mojo
    scruffy mojo's Avatar Become A Pro!

free rollls go on for days one is still going on from yesterday if your lucky you could win 9cents for 8 hrs of poker bingo