wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

NO ONE wanted to go to the lakers after magic left, and they were still decent. So this whole "eevryone likes the Lakers' talk is stupid. NO one wants to go to LA now but mostly because Kobe is there.

But that is the real catch they might get a superstar type to go there eventually to be the one to reestablish the Lakers franchise and if he can bring it back to its 'glory' he would be a hero.

But that isnt going to be a for along time, thats why I said 15 years Kobe will play 5 more. So that kills 5. Then you need 10 years for the Kobe 'legend' to disappear and desperation to kick in. ANYONE going to the lakers that is halfway decent or even very good would be living in Kobes shadow and 'legacy' every game.

I also see all these names getting thrown around. Jerry West was responsible for just about all of them. He was even responsible for Gasol going there. Jerry west aint there anymore. Although now that Phil is gone there isnt no reason why he couldnt come back. Phil got rid of West basically. But West was over rated, he didnt do shit anywhere else he went. But give players away to help the lakers.

Lakers had Bynum, who id healthy and used his brain could have been the next laker great. But that didnt work out. He might be the lakers Len Bias. Celtics could have been a dynasty for years but that whole mess was what really put them in a tail spin. Lakers might have the same fate.

Lakers have no picks and no one is going to want to play with Kobe if they cant win a ring, no one wanted to play with him when they were capable of winning rings.

So with no picks they cant draft anyone and force them to play with Kobe like they could Bynum.

What are Lakers options? Also why would anyone go to the lakers when the Clippers are light years ahead of them in terms of talent and future potential? Same city much better option.

I see a lot of denial in this thread, and a lot of revisionist history.

Lakers are going to be effected by Kobe for the next 10 years at least and like I said more than likely 15.

Also as we have seen 'talent' and a big name or 4 isnt nearly enough to be a contender. They have 3 guys that will make the hall of fame., Howard probably will if he can play a few more years. And Yes gasol makes it simply because he has a couple of Olympics under his belt and the Euro stuff. Hoops hall of fame isnt just NBA related. So with that team they arent going to make the play offs. So why do people think if they suddenly get a guy or even two more 'super stars' they will be any good?

This year should teach you idiots a lesson. But it obviously hasnt. Just because theyre the lakers doesnt mean they are going to make stars super stars or great players stars.

Without Phil Jackson, Pat Riley and/or Jerry West the Lakers have one ring since 1980, and west was definitely associated with that 1980 team as well, so you could say they have none without those guys. People can name all the players they want to but it goes way beyond the Players there. When 3 names are associated with just about every laker ring and none of them were players it says a lot. West was even a player on the only other LA Lakers team that won a ring in 1972, but Wilt was the big name obviously. So it is safe to say that every single LOS ANGELES lakers title has jut 3 names attached to all of them. Two if you want to leave Pat Riley out since West was the GM of the teams he coached.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

LB,
    This works well.........

Serenity now................

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    Yeah who likes the sun, beaches and fake boobies anyway?
    I actually dislike all 3 of those things.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    NO ONE wanted to go to the lakers after magic left, and they were still decent. So this whole "eevryone likes the Lakers' talk is stupid. NO one wants to go to LA now but mostly because Kobe is there.

But that is the real catch they might get a superstar type to go there eventually to be the one to reestablish the Lakers franchise and if he can bring it back to its 'glory' he would be a hero.

But that isnt going to be a for along time, thats why I said 15 years Kobe will play 5 more. So that kills 5. Then you need 10 years for the Kobe 'legend' to disappear and desperation to kick in. ANYONE going to the lakers that is halfway decent or even very good would be living in Kobes shadow and 'legacy' every game.

I also see all these names getting thrown around. Jerry West was responsible for just about all of them. He was even responsible for Gasol going there. Jerry west aint there anymore. Although now that Phil is gone there isnt no reason why he couldnt come back. Phil got rid of West basically. But West was over rated, he didnt do shit anywhere else he went. But give players away to help the lakers.

Lakers had Bynum, who id healthy and used his brain could have been the next laker great. But that didnt work out. He might be the lakers Len Bias. Celtics could have been a dynasty for years but that whole mess was what really put them in a tail spin. Lakers might have the same fate.

Lakers have no picks and no one is going to want to play with Kobe if they cant win a ring, no one wanted to play with him when they were capable of winning rings.

So with no picks they cant draft anyone and force them to play with Kobe like they could Bynum.

What are Lakers options? Also why would anyone go to the lakers when the Clippers are light years ahead of them in terms of talent and future potential? Same city much better option.

I see a lot of denial in this thread, and a lot of revisionist history.

Lakers are going to be effected by Kobe for the next 10 years at least and like I said more than likely 15.

Also as we have seen 'talent' and a big name or 4 isnt nearly enough to be a contender. They have 3 guys that will make the hall of fame., Howard probably will if he can play a few more years. And Yes gasol makes it simply because he has a couple of Olympics under his belt and the Euro stuff. Hoops hall of fame isnt just NBA related. So with that team they arent going to make the play offs. So why do people think if they suddenly get a guy or even two more 'super stars' they will be any good?

This year should teach you idiots a lesson. But it obviously hasnt. Just because theyre the lakers doesnt mean they are going to make stars super stars or great players stars.

Without Phil Jackson, Pat Riley and/or Jerry West the Lakers have one ring since 1980, and west was definitely associated with that 1980 team as well, so you could say they have none without those guys. People can name all the players they want to but it goes way beyond the Players there. When 3 names are associated with just about every laker ring and none of them were players it says a lot. West was even a player on the only other LA Lakers team that won a ring in 1972, but Wilt was the big name obviously. So it is safe to say that every single LOS ANGELES lakers title has jut 3 names attached to all of them. Two if you want to leave Pat Riley out since West was the GM of the teams he coached.

Hey Freako...........nobody is going to read that book of bullshit.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    I also see all these names getting thrown around. Jerry West was responsible for just about all of them. He was even responsible for Gasol going there. Jerry west aint there anymore. Although now that Phil is gone there isnt no reason why he couldnt come back. Phil got rid of West basically. But West was over rated, he didnt do shit anywhere else he went. But give players away to help the lakers
    You lost me here.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by NittanyLionsFan View Post
    I actually dislike all 3 of those things.
    Good thing because with that posting handle you should be embarrassed to leave the basement.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

grizzlies -4

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

I agree with that guy want it all

kobe peaked a long time ago, its all downhill from now on, but as long as he is still there then the lakers will not get the chance to look for the player that will take his place

so it will be a while before lakers are contenders again, they wont win until kobe retires and after that they will need a few years to rebuild, unless they convince an already primed superstar to move there ala dwayne wade, lebron james or durant, but I dont see that happening

took LJ 10 years to win a ring, durant is in the league a few years now and still has no ring, it takes some time for a superstars game to mature and reach to championship level, so it will be a few years before lakers win a ring again

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post

LMAO. How much hate can you have to write a 7 series novel on a gambling forum.

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    I agree with that guy want it all

kobe peaked a long time ago, its all downhill from now on, but as long as he is still there then the lakers will not get the chance to look for the player that will take his place

so it will be a while before lakers are contenders again, they wont win until kobe retires and after that they will need a few years to rebuild, unless they convince an already primed superstar to move there ala dwayne wade, lebron james or durant, but I dont see that happening

took LJ 10 years to win a ring, durant is in the league a few years now and still has no ring, it takes some time for a superstars game to mature and reach to championship level, so it will be a few years before lakers win a ring again
    You agree with him yet you say it will be a few years before the Lakers win a ring again. Some teams dream of winning 1 ring EVER. Lakers have to wait a few years. wahhhh.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Boston has 41 games left and I see at least 24 wins and probably closer to 30

They won't be the 8Th seed when it comes to crunch time.

SportsMushroom

You agree with him yet you say it will be a few years before the Lakers win a ring again. Some teams dream of winning 1 ring EVER. Lakers have to wait a few years. wahhhh.

you should take a chill pill and/or take that stick out of your ass

riffraff24

you should take a chill pill and/or take that stick out of your ass
    I'm chill bro. I'm not part of the hater congregation.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

everyone knew boston was going to be average to bad this year. people were sorta surprised they made it past the 1st round last year after the way they started. lakers were expected to go out and win big, 60 wins big and just roar into the championship. big difference. really un-comparable situations.

lonegambler
    lonegambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Reason is that no one expected anything from boston this year.. this is a team in transition while la was expected to make some noise...

SportsMushroom

I'm chill bro. I'm not part of the hater congregation.
    yes very chill, getting all worked up about what people say on the internet

I wouldnt like to meet you when you are all angry and shit, probably go all psycho

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I've lost more money on the Lakers and Celtics than any other teams this year.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post

you guys should read it you might learn something.

riffraff24

yes very chill, getting all worked up about what people say on the internet

I wouldnt like to meet you when you are all angry and shit, probably go all psycho
    LOL. you're adorable. we should make out

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Signing two all-stars...future Hall of Fame players will do that to you

SportsMushroom

LOL. you're adorable. we should make out

whats your bank account like?

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Celtic lineup, gonna be shaken up, per Doc Rivers on the local news

mavfan
    mavfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boston sucks dick there nothing to talk about

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

everyone knew that was bostons last stand last year, no expectation this year.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Who cares about the NBA? A bunch of overpaid athletes.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Because the Lakers are always the story in the nba.

Celtics have been doing this for a couple years now and they have an aging team. Expectations go down each year for them since 08. Funny how they made a run in 2010 and everyone was shocked and did the same last season and everyone was shocked again. If they make another run this year people will be just as shocked as the last two times.

Lakers won back to back not so long ago and were still in the top 3 in the standings last two years. They go out and bring in some big names and completely tank.

Bro I know you're going for the whole Lakers-Celtics things here but you know how this works. You're not actually surprised about the lack of focus on Boston are you?

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Other than the fact Boston is above .500 and a playoff off team while LA is under .500 and in 11th place, tonight is a prime example of why.

LA sucks and Boston is twice the team they are even without Rondo.

The Lakers are a better team without Howard.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Curry curry curry

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

First 12