JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

comparing bettor psychology between different kinds of "outs"

Had a interesting conversation between friends, wanted to kno what you all thought.

Im comparing offshore betting with your 'money up front-heres a ticket' local bookie. I find I make much smarter bets when I have to drive to the shop, put money down first. I dont even consider parlays, teasers, etc.

It might because im a novice bettor but that instant access i have with offshore, made for stupid bets I regret. It seems to me that when using an offshore account, you start thinking of ur money as a digital number...not actual currency. Play money if u will. Also, offshore books swear the money is theirs once you deposit....and its not.

I also compare a 'ticket' bookie with the 'settle once a week' kind. My friend says he findself making chase bets so he owes less.

What do u all think?

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

No doubt that people bet more and get on tilt when they just see a digital number. Bad emotions after a brutal loss and 30 seconds later the damage could be done.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68207

Anytime you have to put cash up before the start most will keep it real.

Living out of your pocket , you only go all in once. Unless you are sick, eating bread and butter until the next paycheck sees to that.

CC companies figured this out in the 60s-70s and the rest is history.

Good thread. Hopefully some in here will see this and avoid getting caught "speeding".

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    Had a interesting conversation between friends, wanted to kno what you all thought.

Im comparing offshore betting with your 'money up front-heres a ticket' local bookie. I find I make much smarter bets when I have to drive to the shop, put money down first. I dont even consider parlays, teasers, etc.

It might because im a novice bettor but that instant access i have with offshore, made for stupid bets I regret. It seems to me that when using an offshore account, you start thinking of ur money as a digital number...not actual currency. Play money if u will. Also, offshore books swear the money is theirs once you deposit....and its not.

I also compare a 'ticket' bookie with the 'settle once a week' kind. My friend says he findself making chase bets so he owes less.

What do u all think?
    Agree less options w local as well,no qtrs. live etc.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Maybe I'm just naive. Few of them disagreed with me, but i think Online betting sucks. Rather try my luck face to face.That goes for poker too

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by dfish View Post
    Agree less options w local as well,no qtrs. live etc.
    Imagine driving to a book to make a 4th qtr bet

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    Imagine driving to a book to make a 4th qtr bet
    Exactly