Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Phil Mickelson is a major fuc up

Guy just dribbled a ball 5 feet into the water... WTF, then missed a 5 foot putt. I've seen better putting from amateurs. Does this guy still have to qualify to get in a tournament? He's giving professionals a bad name

CaneDawg
    CaneDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

unreal

try coming off a 6 week layoff(last week)

you have not been playing any golf.......because not only does your wife have cancer your mom does too

you also have 3 beautiful girls that really really need there dad right now

cut him some slack...his head and heart are not in it right now...nor should they be

Mac4Lyfe

I think he just ended at +12... Do they even keep scores this high

CaneDawg

how about

we agree to disagree

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Poor Alastair Forsyth is +17 with much many less excuses I would assume.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by CaneDawg View Post
    unreal

try coming off a 6 week layoff(last week)

you have not been playing any golf.......because not only does your wife have cancer your mom does too

you also have 3 beautiful girls that really really need there dad right now

cut him some slack...his head and heart are not in it right now...nor should they be
    What does that have to do with him playing like shit

Brett Favre's dad died and he threw 3 TD's on Monday Night football. Tiger played on a broken leg, had almost a year layoff and didn't play this bad. Most athletes rise to those occasions. If he can't, he should probably stay at home.

CaneDawg

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    What does that have to do with him playing like shit

Brett Favre's dad died and he threw 3 TD's on Monday Night football. Tiger played on a broken leg, had almost a year layoff and didn't play this bad. Most athletes rise to those occasions. If he can't, he should probably stay at home.
    tiger missed the cut at the us open the year his dad was sick and died

Mac4Lyfe

Wasn't that AFTER he won the British Open where his dad had died prior? His dad's death obviously motivated him to win. What's your excuse for Phil again???

Golfer's miss cuts, it happens. Sometimes it is the best thing to happen to a golfer. PM should have just stayed home IMO.

CaneDawg

i think what is boils down too is

i like phil and you don't...which is fine..its what makes us debate things

i will agree that phil was unprepared (do to family issues)

but i believe if you walked in his shoes these past few months....you might think differently

no biggie

Mac4Lyfe

What makes you think I don't like PM??? He's a good guy and I like him as a player but when you putt like shit, hit a shot 5 feet into the water, I don't care who you are, your playing like crap. I'd say the same thing if it was Tiger or anyone else. I'm not a golf purist nor am I a great player (I'm decent) but I know someone is playing bad when the crowd is hanging their heads in their hats. He was a freaking train wreck.

For you to give him an excuse that he was unprepared due to family issues is a bunch of baloney. The guy is a professional. I can give you hundreds of examples of professionals rising to the occasion faced with family issues. Your like for Phil has clouded your assessment. He's a professional golfer that hit's golf balls in his sleep. No excuse for dribbling balls into the creek. For you to compare Tiger not making a cut when he actually won the tourney before his dad's death was either an error on your part or hatred of Tiger. Golf is not that big a deal to me, personally.

I have walked in PM shoes, so have many others. His wife is not the first and won't be the last person with cancer. I wish her and their family well. Like I said, he's a great guy and I always look for him to do well. But my assessment of his play doesn't change.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

guy, Mickelson always does idiotic shit.... even when he's playing well. To call him a fuc up would be half correct but he usually gets it back with some shot that nobody else could hit IMO

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

ah, he did just make the cut in a major. something tiger failed to do last month. it's golf, shit happens.

fsugolf
    fsugolf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

golf is probably no where near the top thoughts in his head currently. Although if he's coming out to play it should be near the top

exstatman
    exstatman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 324

The tone of this sounds more like a guy who bet Phil in a matchup and lost the bet. If a golfer is subject to criticism on a shot-by-shot basis, they all will suck occasionally.

TPowell

nothing like golf guys

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by exstatman View Post
    The tone of this sounds more like a guy who bet Phil in a matchup and lost the bet. If a golfer is subject to criticism on a shot-by-shot basis, they all will suck occasionally.
    I don't bet Golf...
    I also only watch when there's nothing else on tv. The few times I changed the channel this weekend, all I've seen is Phil hitting bad shots and missing 5 foot putts. I can't recall anyone missing so many close putts since watching John Daly a few years ago.

CaneDawg

I don't bet Golf...
    I also only watch when there's nothing else on tv. The few times I changed the channel this weekend, all I've seen is Phil hitting bad shots and missing 5 foot putts. I can't recall anyone missing so many close putts since watching John Daly a few years ago.

you should have seen me this week

missed everything

TPowell

if you dont play golf, I dont see how you can bet it

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

I think at the top golf requires alot more mental focus/concentration than other top sports.

TPowell

thats the only real difference between top golfers and the ones below them IMO

Mac4Lyfe

I don't play football, baseball, tennis, or WNBA and do very well betting on them. Last time I rode a horse didn't do shit for my derby bet. I don't watch golf enough thus I don't study it enough to really be able to bet well/smart.

TPowell

exactly, but I'm sure you understand those sports better than golf.

TPowell

Golf is one of those games that you HAVE to play to understand all the nuances of it.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    I think at the top golf requires alot more mental focus/concentration than other top sports.
    While I would agree, I also think an NFL QB has to have alot of mental focus as well. Unless your down on the field, I don't think people realize how fast the game is played. You have to sometimes go through numerous reads all while screaming fans, cameras flashing, huge linemen passing by you. I also wouldn't want to be at the free throw line, tired in the 4th quarter needing to make a couple of FT's for the win (Screw You Paul Pierce)

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Golf is one of those games that you HAVE to play to understand all the nuances of it.
    What's so difficult is that you never know who will get hot. Plus you never know when a guy you pick might have a hell hole. So many variables come to play.

Look at Harrington who's been playing well 2 weeks in a row and he's collapsing in just one hole (hit the hazard and now struggling out of it).

TPowell

so whats Harrington???

Mac4Lyfe

Wow, maybe I should change the title to Padraig Harrington's one hole debacles. Last week in Akron he imploded on the 16th hole while neck and neck with Tiger when they put him on the clock, now on the 8th hole he's hit water TWICE and just hit rough. He just shot himself out of the title in one hole once again. Tough to watch.

TPowell

guy only won those majors because Tiger wasnt there IMO, sounds like somebody who knows nothing about golf would say but the guy obviously can't handle playing this close to Tiger

Mac4Lyfe

Ouch, he just made an 8 on the 8th hole. Mental concentration is correct because it looks like everyone is having problems right now. Brutal.

CaneDawg

everyone looking like phil did today all of a sudden

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    guy only won those majors because Tiger wasnt there IMO, sounds like somebody who knows nothing about golf would say but the guy obviously can't handle playing this close to Tiger
    He plays similar to me. Great play for several holes then it all falls apart on one or two holes.

He just went from playing for first to out of the top 10 in one hole in a matter of minutes. Golf has to be the most demoralizing sport.

TPowell

with golf you have to look at how well guys do at certain courses as well, UNLESS they've made major swing changes since then (changing ball flights negates that)

exstatman
    exstatman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 324

Guy just dribbled a ball 5 feet into the water... WTF, then missed a 5 foot putt. I've seen better putting from amateurs. Does this guy still have to qualify to get in a tournament? He's giving professionals a bad name
    This sounds like someone who takes two shots out of a round of 74 shots to declare someone a "major fuc up".
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-27-15 at 01:18 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by CaneDawg View Post
    everyone looking like phil did today all of a sudden
    The course doesn't look that difficult but it's eating folks lunch. That Yang kid is looking great right now. He's about to take the lead...

TPowell

Hazeltine is a beast guy, 15 mph crosswinds....... not that difficult?

12 Last