TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Question About TheFirstRow

Have you guys noticed that when you select Link 1 on most ESPN games... there's no "close" button to close the advertisement. There's nothing to see the picture?? You can hear the audio... but you can't see the picture. Then, if you keep on clicking around... it drops a download... and naturally you don't want to open it.

Usually Link 1 is the best feed. How do you access this feed? Or is it just used to sabotage your computer? About 2 months ago... Link 1 never use to do this... and when you click Link 2 or 3... the video/audio isn't that great.

What are you guys doing? Thanks.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

There's not a close button but there is a small x button beneath all the garbage. Just have to find it

nyyanks773
    nyyanks773's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

I always use the Link 1 you just have to search around and wait for various "X" marks as well as waiting 10-20 seconds for "close" to appear in grey towards the top. I think I usually have to click 3 times at least to access it. hope this helps haha

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

usually theres alotta BS to close out of before video loads

TheMoneyShot

I appreciate the responses. But, you guys aren't getting what I'm getting? It's only on Link 1. I X everything out... can't see video. I can hear the audio etc. When I move my cursor around the entire screen.... Firefox is picking up a download throughout the entire screen... and when I click.. it it downloads something and I don't open it... but I've waited on that screen for 10 minutes... and I don't see any X's? And the video never comes up.... so it forces me to go to other links. And I hate those links.

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

so i just went to ESPN link to bring up Celts/Bulls game...clicked on Link 1 and yeah I got nothing.....link 2 did come up but wasn't the greatest quality.

also, I see what you mean with Link 1...this BS download link and only audio....weird

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

TMS. I usually only use the feed from link 1. When you hear the sound in the background you are definatly getting the feed, you just have to find the "close" button that is usually in Black font on the black background.

I find that it is usually in the upper right corner of the screen or bottom middle. Just look closely, there has to be some kind of "x" or "close".

TheMoneyShot

I'm trying to watch OKC VS Dallas on Link 1... there's nothing to click CLOSE on??!?! It sucks.

TxAaron

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I'm trying to watch OKC VS Dallas on Link 1... there's nothing to click CLOSE on??!?! It sucks.
    I just did link 1 on there boss, its working for me. The "close" text is up top right corner, on the boarder where the black meets the tan boarder... I'll take a screen shot of it if you can't get it.

TxAaron

I had to close 2 "x" boxes before I got to the "close" text tho.

apeterlives
    apeterlives's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Use Firefox and the wonderful AdblockPlus plugin adblockplus.org/en/firefox and you're golden for those types of sites. It will block some ads and reveal the X button on others. ABP is a godsend for wading through the seedy corners of the web.

Personally though I prefer lsh.streamhunter.eu for streaming over firstrow if a game's not on TV locally.
    Last edited by apeterlives; 01-18-13 at 09:27 PM.

TheMoneyShot

I'm moving my cursor around the entire screen and it says "thecdn.04stream.com/ext/HDvideo-v4.exe everywhere on the screen... and I don't want to click anywhere... because it will download probably adware.

It's a BIG PICTURE and it says:

only audio?
    download and install plugin to watch video
    FREE DOWNLOAD

No where to X anything out or close anything.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Money here is what you do:
    You clicked on the 1st link and you get this (notice the top left corner with a Closing in 17 msg)

next you wait for that timer to go down to zero and you should get a Close button on the other side of this image (click on it)

if you click anywhere else on this image it will automatically start a download of a .exe file that you don't need

TxAaron

You see the "close" in his second image?

TheMoneyShot

Thanks Russian! I'm not getting that "close" button from time to time. I don't know why? Sometimes I get the close button... and sometimes I don't. 70% of the time I don't get it anymore... I don't know what I need to do? Or what caused this?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Thanks Russian! I'm not getting that "close" button from time to time. I don't know why? Sometimes I get the close button... and sometimes I don't. 70% of the time I don't get it anymore... I don't know what I need to do? Or what caused this?
    Look around the image...it might not necessarily be on the right hand side...they change it from time to time...it could be at the bottom, in the middle ...etc. They might also change the color of the Close to make it hard to spot it, but it should be there all the time.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

dumb question but why are u watching the espn game on the computer?

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Link 2 is the play.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    dumb question but why are u watching the espn game on the computer?
    some people don't waste money on cable they don't watch especially college students

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Use Firefox and then get the add-ons Adblock Plus 2.2.1 and Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon 0.5. It eliminates most all of that garbage from firstrow

TheMoneyShot

Thanks Herd! Helped out a lot!