Betpoints: 553

Teo is just going to end up paying off someone to take the blame

business as usual...

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90288

Lol that is actually a smart move if he needs to do that. Lol

This is easy to find if true or not. Trace the phone # and email. There has to be records.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

he might not have too much money to give anyone. with the bama game and now this...his stock has plummeted.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Te'o is in laie, hawaii

Holding hands on the beach

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Lol that is actually a smart move if he needs to do that. Lol

This is easy to find if true or not. Trace the phone # and email. There has to be records.
    Exactly but wouldn't you need a warrant to do all that and Teo didn't break any law by lying right?

He will release a written statement shifting blame from him somehow

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

it's a perfect payoff because its not criminal...

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Te'o is calling Obama for help

Meeting is taking place on punahou campus

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

ND football Boosters are passing the collection tray as we speak. This has to "go away" like when that kid died video taping football practice during a windstorm.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Deadspin and NFL franchises are after the truth. There's nowhere to hide now.

My guess is that when all is said and done, we'll find out that Te'o was duped originally -- but that didn't last long and he'd also known for quite some time this girl didn't exist. He used it to his advantage to play the public sympathy card and ignite his Heisman Trophy campaign. I'm also 50/50 on whether or not he's just a closet homosexual looking for a front.

In any event, he's fvcked now. The story in its entirety will be told. He has the wrong dogs sniffing the trail if he thinks he's going to get away with anything at this point.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    he might not have too much money to give anyone. with the bama game and now this...his stock has plummeted.
    Bama game should be forgiven, given the weight the burden he carried that night.

#Sabanwinsagain

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Agreed. Except for the closet gay thing. In the one ND student article, it says it was well known around campus that he gets with other girls. I think I saw it somewhere else too that he had a "local girlfriend"

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    Agreed. Except for the closet gay thing. In the one ND student article, it says it was well known around campus that he gets with other girls. I think I saw it somewhere else too that he had a "local girlfriend"
    Yeah -- I'd think that if he were gay, we'd know that by now. Someone would've come forward.

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Yeah -- I'd think that if he were gay, we'd know that by now. Someone would've come forward.
    Yeah, I think that theory came out because everyone refused to believe he was idiotic enough to be completely duped, but like you said it is likely him embellishing the extent of the relationship + his emotions once he realized the media attention it would get him. I bet his father is somehow fairly intricately involved based solely on the fact that he already showed he is bat shit crazy about public image by "blacklisting" the Hawaiian newspaper because they frontpaged a picture of Te'o missing a tackle in the Bama game.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I don't even know why he would of made this story up for? Is he that dumb... that people wouldn't of figured it out?

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo will take the fall, but his bank account will benefit.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    Yeah, I think that theory came out because everyone refused to believe he was idiotic enough to be completely duped, but like you said it is likely him embellishing the extent of the relationship + his emotions once he realized the media attention it would get him. I bet his father is somehow fairly intricately involved based solely on the fact that he already showed he is bat shit crazy about public image by "blacklisting" the Hawaiian newspaper because they frontpaged a picture of Te'o missing a tackle in the Bama game.
    Not only that, but I'd be willing to bet Kelly and even Swarbrick were complicit.

Kelly would eat his young for a championship. His track record re: off the field incidents is nothing short of ruthless. Swarbrick just strikes me as another jock sniffer/hero worshiper.