Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

disgrace? not if you are smart enough to fade their faker asses to the bank

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Reality Check

Broke degenerates calling millionaire professional athletes pansies, garbage and pathetic on a Sports Forum? ....only at SBR

CaliSwag818
    BET BIG WIN BIG!
    CaliSwag818's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Anyone who watched that game last night VS Miami would say the same thing. Steve Nash's passes weren't quick and accurate like in past years. Kobe couldn't heat up like normal. Miami just sat there and waited for L.A. to move... and let me tell you... they didn't move anywhere. The media talks up this team way too much.

1. I wouldn't be surprised (once The Lakers are officially eliminated for a possible playoff birth) Kobe just retires and walks out. He's not going to be traded. He's not going to another team. He was born a Laker... and he will die as a Laker. He doesn't deserve to be in this situation. Yes, he's old... and he realizes this. Kobe has the personality to just get up one day... and say... I'm done. I'm retired. Don't be surprised one morning you tune into ESPN and the Breaking News story is... Kobe Bryant has retired.

2. Steve Nash needs to retire. This will be his last year. He knows it.

3. Howard is the biggest homo around. The guy is a panzy. And he couldn't even carry this squad on his own. What an a$$hole this guy is. Lakers will let him go....

4. Gasol is about done...

Which leads me to believe... remember the OLD Golden State Warriors who were always in last place in the division? And everyone laughed at them? That's where the L.A. Lakers will be... 15th spot. How can you go to SHOWTIME to SHOWS OVER? UNREAL
    AMEN! and i was born a laker fan! this is GOLDEN great post!

MP123
    MP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Lakers are built for a 7 game series, not 1 game at a time. Why do you think teams have so much trouble guarding a Dwight Howard for 7 games? They have no answer for him over the course of a full series. All their C's get in foul trouble in the playoffs then they get fukked. That's why Dwight always gets far in the playoffs even with shit teams.

Also, I doubt Lebron wins MVP. Most likely it'll be Durant considering his drastic improvement since last year. Ridiculous numbers and shooting percentages from Durant. He'll win it. Lebron most likely DPOY to this point though Miami needs to play that type of D towards the end of the reg. season.
    The only prob with the 7 game series theory is mike dantoni... He doesn't care about adjustments or play to the teams strengths or the other teams weaknesses... All he cares about is playing his style of ball.. U got Pau Gasol shooting THREES???!!! Hey pau I know ur 7 feet tall n when ur used on the low block u win championships n start Allstar game but fck that I want my power forwards to shoot 3s and jumpers.. Wtf is up w that logic? N than he benches him... Okkkk? N than he tells every1 he wants them to shoot... Mike dantoni couldn't win a championship even if he had the 95-96 bulls or the 00-01 lakers or even the lakers of the 80s... He SUCKS.. Look at the Knicks team last year soon as he left they start winning w a interim coach... Jim Buss needs 2 get off his high horse n disregard his ego for a sec.. FIRE DANTONI!!! I don't remember the last time the lakers were 6 point dogs against the clippers n that's what it was this season... I don't remember The lakers being 7 point dogs at home even against OKC before they had kwame brown n smush Parker as their starting PG and C... This team can be a great team w this roster but w dantoni he can have an Allstar team n still find a way to be mediocre.... I don't remember the last time before this season betting against lakers but I took the opposing team quite a few times this year... N this coming from a diehard laker fan... N for every1 saying they're pathetic n bla bla bla are just so happy cuz my team was beating ur team for the past 30+ years lol

Edit: and Dwight Howard needs 2 get the ball more... Scratch that DEMAND the ball more... I agree w horry n Shaq if u were dominating n ur team is also dominating than its all good... But nothin should be funny when ur 17-22 n u were faves to win the title before the season
    Last edited by MP123; 01-19-13 at 03:58 AM.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    For the record... Orlando never made it to the NBA Finals... let alone the Conference Finals with Howard. What are you smoking goat? Dwight Howard needs to be more aggressive... and not like a woman.
    Another one that just lost all remaining credibility. Why do u try to post if u don't even know basic stuff??

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    Another one that just lost all remaining credibility. Why do u try to post if u don't even know basic stuff??
    upscope... I was just throwing that sh#$ out there. you guys can all go down on Howard. I don't care. The guy is a fluke. I would never build a team around this guy. He's on the decline too. I'd take Shaq at 27 than this a$$ munch Howard. I'd take Akeem Olajuwon at 27. I'd take Patrick Ewing at 27. Fuk... I'd take Mehmet Okur at 27.

TheMoneyShot

Bryant needs to retire. Worst week of his career. EVER!

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

kobe is still a great player. everyone else sucks, especially dwight howard

TheMoneyShot

Sick.

MP123
    MP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    kobe is still a great player. everyone else sucks, especially dwight howard
    They don't suck... Dantonis system sucks 4 the personnel n hes too hardheaded to change it.. u can't have dominant post players n not get them the ball every possession

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
    They don't suck... Dantonis system sucks 4 the personnel n hes too hardheaded to change it.. u can't have dominant post players n not get them the ball every possession
    they wouldnt be that much better. When Howard was getting the ball and making shots they still lost. All teams did was hack him and make him miss free throws.

Team has zero depth and has now basically quit.

Them losing this badly just hides all the problems they have. The easiest thing people can cite is the 'system'. But 2 months ago these same people said the system was awesome and Lakers would win a ring with it. Maybe not this year but probably next.

Lakers problems in a nutshell...

Old
    no in organizational development
    overpaying has beens
    bench/no depth
    TV deal (guaranteed money)
    Jim Buss running team
    Kobe bryant
    no young point guard
    coach

and probably a few more but those are the major ones.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

EDIT

WTF us yup with forums today posting shit in wrong threads?

cubfan2121
    cubfan2121's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Why does this thread even exist?
    Call the lakers what they are - a bad team. A bad team that had high expectations
    Believe it or not they are not the only team in the history of sports to be the best team on paper only to fall short

jubjub
    jubjub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3152

Love how everyone writes off Lakers halfway through the season. Have they not learnt anything from watching sport? Comebacks happen. They'll make a run, and I believe it starts today vs Utah. Might be too late to make the playoffs, will be tough from here. But definitely do-able.

jubjub
    jubjub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3152

good_money
    good_money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 69

Lakers win by 4... jazz covers +5 for me every1 happy

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by cubfan2121 View Post
    Why does this thread even exist?
    Call the lakers what they are - a bad team. A bad team that had high expectations
    Believe it or not they are not the only team in the history of sports to be the best team on paper only to fall short

how are they the best team on paper?

their three best players (kobe,nash and gasol) are past their expiration date, basketball is a young mans game

the rest of the players are just fillers, if it was up to the lakers they'd turn the nba into a 3v3 tournament

and I dont wanna hear about dwight 'hollyhood' howard. he moved to la to become a movie star, thats all you need to know. guy is slow, clumsy cant put the ball into the hoop unless he's standing under it, has no basketball talent whatsoever, his height is the only talent he has and that wont take you very far, just ask gheogi muresan

anyone that expected this team to win a ring knows shit about basketball, they are doing worse than expected, but not by much

my guess is, vegas overhyped them to make some $$$, cause people drink the coolaid

you have lebron+wade+bosh all in their prime vs kobe+nash+gasol all at the dawn of their career

and you think la stands a chance? this would be a no contest even if the lakers trio were still in their prime and dwight howard could actually play bball
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 01-26-13 at 04:22 AM.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post

KOBE IS DONE.
    shooting more balls (bricks) now than ever. but WILL NOT retire (thank you!!)

GASOL IS DONE. Nobody wants a faded, 7Ft. girl, that is making $19M a year..
    (why the hell do you think they are stopped shopping him, NOBODY OFFERED A GOOD STARTER

Kobe & Gasol are "done"

Ratfukk.......tell us more about how your two favorite teams are the "Heat & Thunder"!

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post

Kobe & Gasol are "done"

Ratfukk.......tell us more about how your two favorite teams are the "Heat & Thunder"!
    i called the LAkERS win, yesterday... how could you miss that post?

and my above comments are 100& correct,

IF the following conditions are met:

1) Kobe overshooting, hogging the ball.
    2) everybody else staying cold, due to lack of touches.

Kobe has become a passing maniac, last 2 games.*
    Every got touches, and people heated up and had a good time, and scored a bunch

When i made those statements, the opposite was true.
    IF Kobe goes back to ball-hogging.. then those conditions will return.

I like the Thunder more than the Heat now, because i want Durant to get an MVP and a Ring.
    I would like James to win more than 1

then after that, i want the Clippers to win one..*

i have waiting list, every year different

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

i called the LAkERS win, yesterday... how could you miss that post?

and my above comments are 100& correct,

IF the following conditions are met:

1) Kobe overshooting, hogging the ball.
    2) everybody else staying cold, due to lack of touches.

Kobe has become a passing maniac, last 2 games.*
    Every got touches, and people heated up and had a good time, and scored a bunch

When i made those statements, the opposite was true.
    IF Kobe goes back to ball-hogging.. then those conditions will return.

I like the Thunder more than the Heat now, because i want Durant to get an MVP and a Ring.
    I would like James to win more than 1

then after that, i want the Clippers to win one..*

i have waiting list, every year different
    AKA "I am a bandwagon fan".

It's ok to admit it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    AKA "I am a bandwagon fan".

It's ok to admit it.
    if i were i would have rooted for Kobe to beat the Thunder last year..

or i would have rooted for the Lakers to beat the Mavericks (swept) the year before..

i rooted for Nowitzki over James, because i knew it was his last great chance..
    I knew that Miami would come back, which they did, and will again.

i want as many top guys to get their Rings as possible.

I am against one guy winning 6, (Jordan)
    and Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone, John Stockton and Charles Barkley getting none.

i would have preferrred Jordan win 3
    Ewing 1
    Malone, Stocton 1 each
    and Barkley 1

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

or i would have rooted for the Lakers to beat the Mavericks (swept) the year before..

Ewing 1
    Malone, Stocton 1 each
    and Barkley 1

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ewing 1
    Malone, Stocton 1 each
    and Barkley 1
    maybe they would have won a ring if they joined forces, haha

TheMoneyShot

Just looking over some old threads. This thread came out true.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

How did it "come out true"?

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

F u c i n g Brilliant Thread.....and the Laker franchise as well as their ignorant fans deserve every bit of it...

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    F u c i n g Brilliant Thread.....and the Laker franchise as well as their ignorant fans deserve every bit of it...
    i love you ratzz <3

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    p.s. Black dudes dont say "brilliant". Remember to use more black words when using your Menses account.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    p.s. Black dudes dont say "brilliant". Remember to use more black words when using your Menses account.
    Hahaha....this one does...my friend.....this one does....!!

First 123