PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Redchevy View Post
    Absolutely the smartest post in this entire thread, this guy nailed it to the wall! Can the Ravens pull off a Miracle? Maybe, but too many things will have to go wrong for NE to let this game slip away, there's a reason for the high spread. It's the fact that Vegas Knows squares like myself will be all over the Pats!!!!!!!!

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

ML , yes .. . NE lost the last game because they couldnt close , that has been resolved , they will dominate throughout. Does anyone realize the Patriots defense only allows 3 scores a game ? The offense is capable of 3 scores in any 3 consecutive plays .

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by bostonbruins View Post
    ML , yes .. . NE lost the last game because they couldnt close , that has been resolved , they will dominate throughout. Does anyone realize the Patriots defense only allows 3 scores a game ? The offense is capable of 3 scores in any 3 consecutive plays .

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Yes Rocky...kick ass post.

I have already bet over 50.5 for most of the same reasons...now I have to agree that most of these points need to come from the NE side of the ball. If indeed Flacco has to make big throws to the left side of the field NE are going to have the turnover opportunities.

5D has NE as +100 to win the SB...opened higher bet down by sharps, imo.

Sometimes even money is a good bet.

PAULYPOKER

Going with the previous flow of totals will make you go broke quicker than the IRS can,

Both games won't make it past 47...................

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

last year the ravens kept it close and gronk played. now no gronk and the ravens want revenge and inspiration for lewis' retirement. i take the points, got a feeling the ravens are a team of destiny.

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

gronk out doesnt hurt NE ,, too many weapons

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    last year the ravens kept it close and gronk played. now no gronk and the ravens want revenge and inspiration for lewis' retirement. i take the points, got a feeling the ravens are a team of destiny.
    But the Ravens were a better team last year, while the Pats have improved considerably. I would not be putting my money on Joe Flako on the road in back to back playoff games. Belichick and Brady won't be pulling another Fox/Manning type chokejob to keep the Raven's cinderella story going. Say all you want about Belichick, but that's one coach that knows the importance of going for the kill and putting a team away.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

What does this line close at?

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    If Bill Vinovich follows them to Foxboro then sure, you could call that destiny.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

If both teams plays straight up without the aid of the Refs giving the Ravens 1st downs instead of punting, the Patriots will cover by 10 points easily. I thought the Broncos could easily won that game by 14 points even without the Trindon Holliday Punt returns. Vegas is seeing the same thing I'm seeing, that the Ravens were very opportunistic with timely officials bail out calls. This old Ravens defense is gassed. If Brady goes up early, there's nothing them tired legs will be able to do to stop the onslaught.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6771

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    lol books wont be laughing after i hit big on ravens ML
    don't do it!

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6771

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    If Bill Vinovich follows them to Foxboro then sure, you could call that destiny.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    Did you read my quote? What same thing? Denver was highly overrated in the game, and that's why I picked Baltmiore in the game. I won't toot my own horn because they were lucky to even win the game. Denver's SOV and SOS were terrible, meanwhile the Patriots had the best SOV and SOS of any team in the playoffs. The Patriots also squashed Denver this season and there was no doubt in my mind NE would have done it again. Baltimore isn't playing a QB who couldn't throw the ball more than 15 yards this week. People can't figure out why Denver sat on the ball and went to OT. It's because Manning had numbness in his hands and couldn't throw the ball downfield.

This Patriots team is a whole different beast. This same team has SB experience and are playing the best football I've ever seen from a Pats team. Much better and more balanced than the 07 season. Good luck, but you'll need a whole heap of good fortune for Baltimore to even cover.
    I parlayed SF-3.5 to NE -7.5--Do you like my chances??
    Please pardon my ignorance & tell me what SOV stands for?

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Anyone remember what the spread was last year between this two in the AFC game?

-3 or -6... can't remember

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post

-7 at least. -7.5 probably

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Ravens roll 34-20. Pats have no down field threat and their secondary is awful.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by freakydave View Post
    I parlayed SF-3.5 to NE -7.5--Do you like my chances??
    Please pardon my ignorance & tell me what SOV stands for?
    All things being equal I do. SF has the best defense left in the playoffs and will make Atlanta one dimensional. Atlanta has run better in recent weeks but still are mediocre at best. SF will stop the run and make Atlanta one dimensional on offense. These will allow SF to tee of on Matt. On the other side of the ball I don't see how Atlanta stops the SF offense. Atlanta is below average stopping the run and get very little pressure on the QB. I haven't even brought up Kaepernick's legs. Tough matchup for Atlanta.

I've stated my feelings in the other game. It's amazing to me how many people are on Baltimore and some even straight up. I can't wrap my head around why that is. They can't get off the field on 3rd down and they're playing the best offense in the NFL, and probably the best offense in Patriots history, 2007 included.

On offense all Baltimore has is Flacco bombs to the right side and Ray Rice. The addition of Talib and the move of McCourty to safety gives the Patriots much more flexibility in the secondary. Talib alone caused a trickle down effect because they were able to move other parts where they belong (eg. McCourty to safety, Arrington to the slot).

I think both SF and NE cover, bot winning by 10-14 points.

Now, what you can't account for is turnovers, bad officiating, failed execution, etc.

SOV is strength of victory. So of Denver's 13 wins their opponents had a win % of .385. NE 's SOV was .466.

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    I think it opened around 6, 6.5 and went to around 7.5 by kickoff.

bradnowell
    bradnowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

It was 7.5 and i pounded baltimore.. this year ill prolly just bet the over small

k13

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    I think it opened around 6, 6.5 and went to around 7.5 by kickoff.
    No.

Opened -7, went to -9, closed -7.

rocky16

What people have to remember about last year's game was NE did not have the balanced offense as they do now. They are loaded at RB and have instilled a physical toughness all season long in the run game.

On the other side of the ball they were playing with guys like Julian Edelman and Sterling Moore in the secondary. They are much improved this season. People who say NE's secondary is terrible do not watch the games at all. I won't say NE is great back there, but they are not the liability they once were.

rocky16

No.

Opened -7, went to -9, closed -7.
    I won't argue because I really don't care.

musky123
    musky123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 706

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Beta Consensus mustbe way off

3:00p

San Francisco
    Atlanta

-3½ -108
    +3½ -102

65.46%
    34.54%

$1,089,581
    $944,640

53.56%
    46.44%

$599
    $984

6:30p

Baltimore
    New England

+9 -108
    -9 -102

62.20%
    37.80%

$38,378
    $139,577

21.57%
    78.43%

$108
    $643

I like how the 49ers went from over a million $$ on them to under a million $$
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-14-14 at 10:34 AM.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9604

The Ravens with Ray "Killer" Lewis can
    only MURDER off the field...
    Get in the bloody limo..quick

PAULYPOKER

Team Open Line Movements Current Moneyline Halftime Scores
    3:00 PM EST
    301 BALTIMORE RAVENS 50.5 50.5 / 50 / 49.5 49 +250 24.5 20
    Under 49
    302 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS -7 -15 -7 -20 / -7.5 / -7 -7 -15 -300 -4 23
    Final
    Time-change to 03:05pm EST TV: CBS MOSTLY CLOUDY, EAST WIND 6-11. KICKOFF TEMP 30, WIND CHILL 22

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Ray Strong

frostno98

I have yet to find one single reputable sports Radio or sports TV analyst saying New England would cover. Every single radio show I've been listening all week are unanimously taking the Ravens to cover the spread, even Skip Bayless thinks the spread is too high. I'm doing a double fade. Taking Falcon and then taking Patriots.

Every freaking square in the entire world is on the Ravens. Is vegas going to eat it again like when the Patriots covered against the Texans, the heaviest public play in the playoffs last week.

DonQ
    DonQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1038

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    I have yet to find one single reputable sports Radio or sports TV analyst saying New England would cover. Every single radio show I've been listening all week are unanimously taking the Ravens to cover the spread, even Skip Bayless thinks the spread is too high. I'm doing a double fade. Taking Falcon and then taking Patriots.

Every freaking square in the entire world is on the Ravens. Is vegas going to eat it again like when the Patriots covered against the Texans, the heaviest public play in the playoffs last week.
    All I heard was Skip Baseless. Did you really just reference him as reputable?

k13

8 out of 8 pick Ravens....

PAULYPOKER

Mike
    Freeman 7-1-0

Clark
    Judge 6-2-0

Dave
    Richard 6-2-0

Me 7-1-0

Butterface
    Butterface's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 946

Ravens cover for sure may even win SU. Patriots offense is good but can easily be stopped, they do short quick throws, to stop that all you have to do is jam the WRs which would throw off the timing throw, which would also give ravens DE more time to get to Brady. Look for the Ravens to be way more physical than the patriots.. Good luck to all patriot backers but I personally think that ravens win by 3.

frostno98

Underdogs are great plays when everyone expects them to lose. Not the case here, everyone is thinking finally possession in the sports media. This is why Vegas is not making it -7, because everyone would be on the Patriots. Vegas is going for the kill here.

hugh4310
    hugh4310's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

If both teams plays straight up without the aid of the Refs giving the Ravens 1st downs instead of punting, the Patriots will cover by 10 points easily. I thought the Broncos could easily won that game by 14 points even without the Trindon Holliday Punt returns. Vegas is seeing the same thing I'm seeing, that the Ravens were very opportunistic with timely officials bail out calls. This old Ravens defense is gassed. If Brady goes up early, there's nothing them tired legs will be able to do to stop the onslaught.
    Great points I like NE too!

PAULYPOKER

ATL is definitely fukked though

The 3 that picked them to cover are 2-6,2-6 and 3-5

First 123 Last